Pages:
Author

Topic: [EDU] How to spot a scammer (Read this before lending your coins!) - page 10. (Read 211832 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 16
I'd like to propose "Stealing/Copying another user's avatar" as a red flag as well.  I've been noticing that quite a bit.

Really?

I don't have seen this once.

Unless you mean the forums standard avatars? This can hardly be counted as stealing.

Ah, thanks for the info.  I'm sure that's what I've been seeing.  My account is so new, I haven't even seen the pool of default avatars yet.

Pardon my ignorance.    Embarrassed

It's all good. I had thought the same thing when I had my first account here. Wink
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I'd like to propose "Stealing/Copying another user's avatar" as a red flag as well.  I've been noticing that quite a bit.

Really?

Unless you mean the forums standard avatars? This can hardly be counted as stealing.

Ah, thanks for the info.  I'm sure that's what I've been seeing.  My account is so new, I haven't even seen the pool of default avatars yet.

Pardon my ignorance.    Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
I'd like to propose "Stealing/Copying another user's avatar" as a red flag as well.  I've been noticing that quite a bit.

Really?

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I'd like to propose "Stealing/Copying another user's avatar" as a red flag as well.  I've been noticing that quite a bit.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Changed the color of legit users (ie. ones probably not shell accounts created for the sole purpose of scamming) to green. They are still may "fit the profile," so as usual use caution when doing business with anybody on here.

Changed the color of users who have completed successful trades to green as well.

I can vouch for OVP. I did a trade with him for a download code where I sent my BTC first. He not only gave me the game, but some free points in appreciation for sending my end first. I know one good trade isn't enough for total trust, but I personally don't believe this guy is scamming people.
legendary
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
Bumping so maybe the fresh batch of noobs will read.
Flatlinezor doesn't seem like a scammer to me. Most scammers aren't willing to use escrow. Of course, I'm not the pro. Wink
legendary
Updated with the latest round of scammers.
legendary
Updated: Changed Roxyoursox to confirmed scammer.
legendary
Looks like people are finally learning. Of course that's a double edged sword sort of deal.
legendary
how long does it take to get off your list?

How long are you going to be on "vacation" for?
legendary
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
I'm still on there as "pending". 

5 to 60 is a huge jump.  I can see how that would raise flags.
legendary
Updated with the latest wave of possible/probable scam loan requests. I removed ProfMac from the list for the fact that his social media accounts do appear to be his and have been around for several years. That being said, lenders should still use caution whenever loaning to anybody.
legendary
Man, I'm stickying your thream for the usefulness. Any non-brain-dead lenders should take in this thread before potentially getting scammed. Thank you for what you've done for the community.
Thanks, John. Now I don't have to keep scrolling down to find this thread Smiley
legendary
As soon as you make a successful loan repayment, you'll get moved to the green list.  However, that doesn't necessarily mean somebody can't still become a scammer later on down the road, as was the case with Jakers.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Trying hard To Keep Things POSITIVE
Pages:
Jump to: