Pages:
Author

Topic: Efudd Z-Series Fuddware 2.3 -Z11/Z11e/Z11j/Z9/Mini - page 26. (Read 45520 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 51
Hello Jason.
In firmware 2c, in Hashboard #2 and Hashboard #3 two times Frequency 700.
Thank's.

marchcat2008 - I'm not sure I understand this completely. Are you saying I missed some settings in 2c for hash #2 and #3? oh oh.. I know what you are saying... I left freq 700 in there twice!

Ha ha, I did! Good catch. I just wanted to make sure you could see the "700" clearly. :-)

Thank you, I'll fix it next go round.

Jason
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
So it has been pretty much a week that I have been running both the z9 software (1 unit) and z9 mini software (2 units) version 2.1.  The results are impressive overall this has been equivalent for me of adding a z9 mini  batch 1 overclocked without having to purchase the hardware with an incremental increase in power consumption.  (a total of 100w on the two mini's) have not measured the Z9.  So well worth it thanks.  One of the z9 mini's was a batch 1 so only a small increase was to be had.
do paid users have to upload their file too?

thanks

@tahoeminer - your paid license for Z9s will only need to be uploaded once on your Z9s. If you upgrade firmware, the license will persist.

At this point in time, I am not selling licenses for the Minis.

Jason
Activity: 17
Hello Jason.
In firmware 2c, in Hashboard #2 and Hashboard #3 two times Frequency 700.
Thank's.
Activity: 7
do paid users have to upload their file too?

thanks

I'm pleased to announce the release of version 2.1c for both Z9 Mini and Z9 users (previously paid and dev-supported).

Upgrade notices will appear on your system dashboard as such:

Change log for version 2.1c:

• Corrects a condition where the wrong pool was sometimes being returned to after the dev-fee cycle.
  • Added frequency tuning guide to "Miner Configuration -> Advanced Settings" page; If you do not see this, please clear your browser cache.
  • Updated the frequency selection list up to 850; this corrects an oversight for the Mini releases and allows you wild and crazy kids to try extreme (but not recommended by me!) frequencies.
  • Resolved a race condition where multiple cgminer processes could start running after setting new frequencies; I'm 99% confident this is resolved now.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me and ideally include your "Support ID" found on the System->Overview page

Thank you,

Jason
How would you announce the winner? Thanks

Hello! This is a great question and the answer varies a little depending on how the user entered. As a reminder on how to enter, Weekly ZEC contestants are firmware only, PS4 contestants are firmware with 1 entry allowed per user via the forum post. The winner will be informed one of two ways depending on how they entered:

(1) If the winner is from the forum by username on forum thread that allows one entry per person, then I will contact the winner on the forums via PM.
(2) If the winner won by running the firmware, the winner will be informed via the "System -> Overview" page. I will announce on forums that the winner has been selected and to check your "System -> Overview" page to see if you have won. If  you have a message will be present asking you to contact me with your support ID (so I can verify the winner).

I will post on the forums in the top of this thread, and in the contest page, with the details. In both conditions, it requires the winner to contact me, so I will have a backup winner in case I do not hear from them in a small period of time (24-48 hours).

In the running firmware, the location where the "Spiderman PS4 Giveaway" is listed will be updated for the winner with information on how to contact me to collect the prize.

For example, if you are currently running the firmware, you will see the following on the "Summary -> Overview" page:

I hope this answers your question, and please feel free to ask any additional clarifying questions.

Thank you,

Jason

Activity: 5
How would you announce the winner? Thanks
Folk, the December contests for PS4 and Week 1 / 1ZEC is now officially open. Thank you and good luck!

Jason
If at some point you find there are no more improvements you can do are you going to lower the dev fee or eliminate it? That is the problem with gpu mining the developers continue to collect the dev fee claiming improvements but in the end they don't improve nothing and end the project.

Yes.

Jason
Activity: 559
Merit: 4
If at some point you find there are no more improvements you can do are you going to lower the dev fee or eliminate it? That is the problem with gpu mining the developers continue to collect the dev fee claiming improvements but in the end they don't improve nothing and end the project.
Folk,

So I've had a couple of responses regarding the dev fee and for the small sample set, the vote is "once a day". Any other feedbacks on this?

Second, I understand that there is concern on the fee % -- honestly, it is based on that because of the minimum viable time mining on a pool for there to really be a return... it's 10 minutes and that is pushing it. If I batched the times together, I could shorten the overall time window per day.

Third, In order to (hopefully) mitigate some of the hesitations around the dev-fee version, I am considering a weekly lottery (in addition to the PS4 giveaway) going forward. I'm not quite sure how it'll work, but ultimately I'm thinking a % of the dev fees goes to the winner.

For the first week and to try to seed this concept, 12/01/18 00:00:00 through 12/07/18 23:59:59, one miner per day will be entered to win 1 ZEC (Again, this is in addition to the PS4 giveaway). If there is solid interest and the user base grows to a reasonable point, I will be able to increase it.

Forum posts don't count towards the ZEC, only miners running version 2.1 or later, both Mini and large units.

Thank you,

Jason
Activity: 3
2.1 installed. Great work. Thank you.

I'm ready for ps4 👍😉
thank for your honest reply. I think bitmain played with voltage to mess up z9 mini. The difference from gen 1  is too big to be justified by low quality chips. I'll be waiting and testing your version with voltage regulation.

Of course. I will “soon” actually get this miner connected to the rest of my electronics gear to monitor exactly what it is doing. I should be able to then explain those differences.

Thank you,

Jason
Activity: 10
thank for your honest reply. I think bitmain played with voltage to mess up z9 mini. The difference from gen 1  is too big to be justified by low quality chips. I'll be waiting and testing your version with voltage regulation.
The PS4/Spiderman bundle giveaway will be available to firmware users as well as one entry per person in the Giveaway thread beginning 12/01/18.

Thank you and good luck!

Jason
running mini 1st and second batch. 1st running at 750 stable not needing any help. 2nd is stable at 656 running 1st batch firmware with one board doing 681. the gain is about 300k sols. your 3.5% dev fee is about 500k sols. You should keep your fee at around 1% or your are going to lose business. Anyone running 3rd and fourth batches can take advantage running 1st batch firmware. just saying. I'll be going back to the first batch firmware

I actually provide batch1 firmware for anyone who wants to use it on my website at the bottom. Your logic is sound and is actually the answer I provided many folk who asked if I had a firmware available for the mini.

I realize it is not for everyone, but it is for some. Individual board control has value and on average a tuned mini is getting at minimum a 5% improvement. There are exceptions where that is not true.

I have strongly recommended in many conditions for people to just use the batch 1 firmware on their minis.

As far as the dev fee percentage, I hear you. What you failed to hear is the fact that I’ve stated multiple times and in multiple places that the mini dev fee would be different than the large and in line with ensuring there is a positive return to the end user. In fact, if you join the discord in my signature you can see where I have stated this in the last couple of days.

So what’s the end result? I don’t know. I am completely fine with you choosing an alternative and I strive to be clear on the benefits to any potential customer. When it comes to past sales, anyone who has purchased in volume from me can attest to my fair treatment and ensuring that they understood exactly what they are receiving for the money spent.

I am ok with “losing some customers”  because the benefit is not there for them, I just don’t see it as a lost customer but rather a future opportunity gained by being very straight forward with the risk vs. reward.

I value your input and thank you for sharing it.

Jason
Activity: 10
running mini 1st and second batch. 1st running at 750 stable not needing any help. 2nd is stable at 656 running 1st batch firmware with one board doing 681. the gain is about 300k sols. your 3.5% dev fee is about 500k sols. You should keep your fee at around 1% or your are going to lose business. Anyone running 3rd and fourth batches can take advantage running 1st batch firmware. just saying. I'll be going back to the first batch firmware
Activity: 559
Merit: 4
Thoughts.

z9 mini
I have my miners Hosted outside, OR direct outside air, we have been having around -15c and the miner worked great got it up to stable at 681mhz since release.
2 fans front 1800rpm rear 1640 rpm Chips temp around 28-30c  hash Avg 14.9ksols

Today the weather Drastically changed to +2c and i got all 3 boards xxxx

seems that it was the bm1740_verify_nonce_integrality CRC error. Reebooted but only took like 7min then got the same error again.
But after that ive only been able to maintain 656mhz.

soon as i go above that i loose one board.

CAN it be possible that the colder the chips can be maintained the higher mhz we can maintain? I never tried above 681mhz

The recommended min temp is around 40c colder you may lose speed and too hot you will lose speed. The optimal temp here seems to be about 55c   They put out enough heat to keep my whole house warm. I adjust the temp by opening or closing windows.
Folk,

Due to a seriously idiotic oversight on my part, the frequency list for the Mini's max's at 700. I'll be releasing a 'b' variant this evening that corrects the issue. If you are already running the 2.1 version, you will receive a notice on your Overview page with details on the 'b' release, as well as a direct link to download it.

Thank you,

Jason
Pages:
Jump to: