Author

Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB - page 271. (Read 1061069 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I've been donating to Eligius from the fifth day connected to Eligius (after I worked out how to input the signatures to be honest), and I think they deserve it !
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!

Maybe set a donation of 0.01% as standard donation and let people change it to 0% in "MyEligius" if they want to. The lazy ones will not change it, the ones who can not sign messages will not change it and you will get free money for your hard work Wink

I will set up a small automatic donation also. Smiley

Great work, Wiz!
Activity: 11
Darn it, the trolls are wrong again...

Wouldn't it be kinda funny in a way that things did go wrong, and wizkid posted a pic and say "goodbye suckers" shortly afterwards...  Not that it would be good for anyone, but still kinda funny.  Grin
Activity: 529
Merit: 501
I think you're doing a fine job.

If people don't like the pool, they can go somewhere else. Ignore the asshats.

Some people are really just a load that should have been swallowed, and it shows.
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Alright, well, I've tweaked the stats replication code as much as possible to speed things along, but, seems that the web server just isn't nearly as fast as the core pool DB servers, so, just going to have to wait this one out I guess. Sad

Looks like its running at a little under 2x realtime, give or take, and its ~14 hours behind right now.

I'll check in on it later and see how things are going, but, as you can see the block list is slowly updating.

-wk
legendary
Note: Deleted another troll post.

Don't let them get you down.

I figure its best to note when I delete them so that everyone knows when/what I deleted so that no one can later accuse me of anything crazy related to post deleting. lol.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Do the manual payouts show up on the stats page (eventually)?

Yes, they'll show up as soon as stats are caught up.

Thank you wiz!

Don't let them get you down.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
I just got a payout, just a few hours later than expected.

I exhort everyone to consider donating. I'm donating .333/.333./.333 (total 1%), and it is literally dust.

But if a substantial number of users donated just a little bit, we can make it a lot easier on WK and by extension, us.

Cheers

Art
legendary
Furthermore, he is perfectly entitled to delete criticism in his own thread.  Unless you have some praise,   criticism shouldn't be be done here.

I'm certainly not against criticism!  It's the trolling nature and uselessness of some posts that just don't belong here (or anywhere).

I honestly was hoping to never have to use the self-moderation feature... Sad
legendary
I don't really let the trolls bother me.  More people are more supportive than not, and that is appreciated.

Regardless, I do apologies for the little glitches here and there.  I'm slowly adding to the infrastructure to improve things all around, so, there are only good things to come really.

A side note, I'll point out that the automatic donation % settings in the My Eligius control panel are working now.  If you can, please consider setting up even a small donation percentage on your address.  The panel will accept donations as small as 0.01% of your earnings... and I hope no one would really miss that 0.01% enough to not set it up. Wink (Just remember that the changes can't take effect unless the message is properly signed, so, no one can change your options but you.)

As of this writing, approximately 0.009% of the pool hash rate is donated via the My Eligius control panel.  Not a whole lot when compared to the fees collected by other pools, but it's certainly better than having nothing to work with at all! (For those wondering, right now 0.009% donations works out to almost ~2 BTC per month at the estimated upcoming difficulty)

I'm using data gathered from how much is donated and conservatively projected income from the donations to plan out where to invest the donations into new hardware and software development for Eligius.

Thanks everyone for your support!

-wk
Activity: 26
Hi all,

Looks like a bug in my stats database replication code caused the stats to stop receiving data from the core server about 12 hours ago.  This is why the stats were not updating.

Also, an orphaned block that took an extended period of time to be reorg'd out caused a CPPSRB failsafe (which paused payouts).

Sheesh... I leave for one day (Valentines Day!) and all hell breaks loose. lol.

In any case, the newly replaced core database servers remained happy throughout all of this, and all shares are accounted for.

CPPSRB is catching up (it is about 12 hours behind) and I will fix the stats replication bug and get that catching up also.

Afterwards I will get a manual payout together and get everyone paid.  No worries!

-wk

Note: I used self-moderated for the first time just now and removed ~3 troll posts.
well tnx for the payout rly ... but who gives a shit about ur private life ... $ is $ .. and erasing posts does not changes the facts ...
this pool stats/payouts crashes too often for a such good pool despite the really honest & responsible work of the owners ... if u cant handle it for free just make some % better then putting pool of unknowable for users state for undefined time ...

Cut whizkid some slack.  He is handling over $200 million in bitcoin payments a year and is doing it for less than minimum wage, relying on the generosity of members and equipment donations.

Remember, he has a full time job besides eligius.  If you want more uptime and statistics,  you should donate more.

Furthermore, he is perfectly entitled to delete criticism in his own thread.  Unless you have some praise,   criticism shouldn't be be done here.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

well tnx for the payout rly ... but who gives a shit about ur private life ... $ is $ .. and erasing posts does not changes the facts ...
this pool stats/payouts crashes too often for a such good pool despite the really honest & responsible work of the owners ... if u cant handle it for free just make some % better then putting pool of unknowable for users state for undefined time ...

You really should have more brains than to post this. First if you think you can do it better with less downtime do it. Its a lot harder to manage something this massive than you think. Second the OP has done nothing but kept us updated on this time consuming task. He looked into it quickly and responded to us the same. If you do not like it join a different pool. And free has nothing to do with it he went on vacation which everyone is entitled to. Grow up and stop being so rude.

Well, that about says it all, doesn't it? Had my own acidic reply all ready to go, but yours is better.

WK, ignore the morons. They make you look good, frankly. Eligius went from being an "also ran" to one of the biggest pools out there in short order in no small part because it's operator has his shit wired. These little glitches are a minor annoyance at worst. Probably a major headache for Wizkid, but they cause me no harm. We always get our coins. Last time, WK was on here for three days getting it fixed. Pretty damned impressive for a system that charges no fees. Many of us have put in the voluntary donation, and for my part, I think it's money well spent.
legendary
Ok, CPPSRB is caught up, and I did a partial manual payout in txid b0be73203c6593616d1734900b4aa93306500669dfa14f69ece73a66e123f639

Later, after more coins get 120 confirmations, I will pay the remainder of the payout queue.

Stats are still way behind, but I'm working on a way to speed that up.  Stay tuned.

Yes, they'll show up as soon as stats are caught up.

-----

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

You really should have more brains than to post this. First if you think you can do it better with less downtime do it. Its a lot harder to manage something this massive than you think. Second the OP has done nothing but kept us updated on this time consuming task. He looked into it quickly and responded to us the same. If you do not like it join a different pool. And free has nothing to do with it he went on vacation which everyone is entitled to. Grow up and stop being so rude.
Activity: 351
Merit: 250

[/quote]

STFU! you mush mouthed Asshat. Go back to whatever toilet you climbed out of and never post here again.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

if u cant handle it for free just make some % better then putting pool of unknowable for users state for undefined time ...

Wtf does that mean?

Man,I must be suffering from brain damage because I can't make any sense of the above quote.

Art
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Ok, CPPSRB is caught up, and I did a partial manual payout in txid b0be73203c6593616d1734900b4aa93306500669dfa14f69ece73a66e123f639

Later, after more coins get 120 confirmations, I will pay the remainder of the payout queue.

Stats are still way behind, but I'm working on a way to speed that up.  Stay tuned.

legendary

Stats are still way behind, but I'm working on a way to speed that up.  Stay tuned.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Thanks Wizkid appreciate all your efforts!!
Activity: 7
Thanks for all the updates and hard work wk!
Jump to: