Pages:
Author

Topic: ==== Eligius, please pay my 200+ BTC ==== - page 8. (Read 12592 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

I'm innocent until proven guilty in your country.
Luckily, I have no need to prove that I'm innocent both under my government and bitcoin way, since it is a by-default. If someone wants to announce that I'm guilty, Hi must prove.
I just want someone to get my money back according to his public visible account page.
I don't like to announce something which I cannot prove, this is not a bitcoin way.

So would you mind to explain what happend at BTCGuild?

We have some issue with our mining infrastructure, which caused BTCGuild froze our account on the beginning of May.
After a fast fix and a test on various pool include Eligius, we saw block solved (totally 5) on Eligius block page and think that the issue was resolved, then we switch back to BTCguild under its administrator's checking on the log of our share we mine after this incident.
But we found that Eligius refused to pay for shares of our test.
In a internal review of this issue, we think that eligius may know this issue and build a plot aimed to this issue.
Then, the left is all known by all here.

Can I ask what miners do you use?
By which manufacturer(s) and at what hashing power?
 - specifically for each miner you have from each manufacturer if more than one.

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Luckily, I have no need to prove that I'm innocent both under my government and bitcoin way, since it is a by-default. If someone wants to announce that I'm guilty, Hi must prove.
I just want someone to get my money back according to his public visible account page.
I don't like to announce something which I cannot prove, this is not a bitcoin way.

We have some issue with our mining infrastructure, which caused BTCGuild froze our account on the beginning of May.
After a fast fix and a test on various pool include Eligius, we saw block solved (totally 5) on Eligius block page and think that the issue was resolved, then we switch back to BTCguild under its administrator's checking on the log of our share we mine after this incident.
But we found that Eligius refused to pay for shares of our test.
In a internal review of this issue, we think that eligius may know this issue and build a plot aimed to this issue.
Then, the left is all known by all here.
But I think any one will consider one more time before moving to eligius, after seeing this post.
And what pool would you suggest instead? GHash.IO perhaps?

I think you greatly overestimate your power to damage Eligius's reputation.

You haven't provided any response as to what occurred, except to say you won't say anything because nothing can be proved one way or the other. Lots of questions to be answered here that you have ignored.

Why, given your hash power, were there so few solved blocks submitted? Or are claiming that you did submit solved blocks but Eligius decided for some reason you were a good target to steal/withhold payment from? Sorry, but that seems highly unlikely...

According to the block list, 1Gu8xxxx mined 2 block after 05-03, it should be 50 BTC, and the account now has 103.3 BTC unpaid, it means that I got about 50% lucky, yes, it is not high, but it is reasonable, I think.
17jkxxx got 3 block mined after 05-03, which got an 122.2 BTC left, which have a 61.4% lucky, still reasonable.
Comparaed with people with several THash on eligius and never mined any block, we are much more lucky.
bruCEXie

Thank you for adding more interesting information.

my pleasure.

Brucexie, you spend a lot of time stating that what you are accused of cannot be proven, so clearly you know, and understand a lot about the issue.  

However, not one time that I have seen have you stated that you are innocent.

When accused of a crime most people would start by saying they didn't do it.  It is the guilty who will start by claiming it can't be proven that they did it.

If there is evidence of your actions, and your government is notified, I wonder what actions, if any, they will take against you.  Are you innocent until proven guilty in your country?  How are the conditions at the jails in your country?  

You still have not answered my one question. How are the conditions in the jails in your country?

In our country, bitcoin or hash power was treated as stuff with no value.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I'm keeping my miners on Eligius.  Maybe you should move your miners to 50btc.com.  

Or maybe GHash?  A block witholding attack would help even things out  Grin
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Brucexie, please give some kind of explanation of the evidence, are you claiming you did nothing strange with your mining and you were just unlucky?
Activity: 65
Brucexie,

Do you own your mining operation, or are you running it for someone else?

If you own your mining operation then why are you so worried about 200BTC?  It is a very small amount of the total you have mined, and are able to mine.

If you are managing a mining operation for someone else, are they really pisssed off at you for getting caught?

Edited to add:

Something else just crossed my mind, and I just thought I'd put this out there.

The "You can't prove that I did it" defense seems to me like the exact thing someone would come up with while planning such a scheme. 

#1 - I'm not going to get caught.

#2 - If I am caught they can't prove anything.

#3 - If they can't prove that I did it, then I will not get in trouble.

This is why he is sticking to the "you can't prove anything" defense.  This was his logic from the beginning. and he has no other option but to stick with his plan, no matter how weak his defense is.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
But I think any one will consider one more time before moving to eligius, after seeing this post.
And what pool would you suggest instead? GHash.IO perhaps?

I think you greatly overestimate your power to damage Eligius's reputation.

You haven't provided any response as to what occurred, except to say you won't say anything because nothing can be proved one way or the other. Lots of questions to be answered here that you have ignored.

Why, given your hash power, were there so few solved blocks submitted? Or are claiming that you did submit solved blocks but Eligius decided for some reason you were a good target to steal/withhold payment from? Sorry, but that seems highly unlikely...
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
Again, since you seem to have overread the question:

Would you mind to explain what happend at BTCGuild?
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Official LRM shill

Brucexie, you must be new here. In bitcointalk you are guilty until proven innocent.

The charges have already been levied along with a good bit of evidence. You have no defense, and have no claim on any more of this community's BTC.

You can't ever please the trolls, but quite a few of us are quite happy to consider evidence.  But we haven't seen anything other than "You can't prove I did something wrong!".  Not a lot to go on against the word of pool operator and community member with a long history of reliability.

Yes you may right.
That's enough.

On the other hand, some will see this as a reason to support Eligius....

grnbrg.
Activity: 271
I'm keeping my miners on Eligius.  Maybe you should move your miners to 50btc.com.  

bruCEXie

my pleasure.

Brucexie, you spend a lot of time stating that what you are accused of cannot be proven, so clearly you know, and understand a lot about the issue.  

When accused of a crime most people would start by saying they didn't do it.  It is the guilty who will start by claiming it can't be proven that they did it.

If there is evidence of your actions, and your government is notified, I wonder what actions, if any, they will take against you.  Are you innocent until proven guilty in your country?  How are the conditions at the jails in your country?  

You still have not answered my one question. How are the conditions in the jails in your country?
Brucexie, you must be new here. In bitcointalk you are guilty until proven innocent.

The charges have already been levied along with a good bit of evidence. You have no defense, and have no claim on any more of this community's BTC.

Yes you may right.
That's enough.
Activity: 98

Activity: 271
bruCEXie

my pleasure.

There is no such thing as the "bitcoin way".  You got caught and are only attempting to use the court of public opinion" to sway things in your favor and it's not working.  By your statement of "I'm innocent until proven guilty in your country" shows that you are not in America, so this does not apply to you.  
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

bruCEXie

my pleasure.

bruCEXie

my pleasure.

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I'm just a little curious about the 'bad' luck and the fact that Eligius has in credit over 1800BTC
If they've been losing blocks (>400BTC) that would make them over 2200BTC in credit if they got those 'missing' blocks.

+1800BTC doesn't sound like bad luck ... though I could be wrong Smiley

https://blockchain.info/address/18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B >477.12965068
https://blockchain.info/address/1ChANGeATMH8dFnj39wGTjfjudUtLspzXr >237.98484501
https://blockchain.info/address/14qgRxmyWwRweGY4mfjB5FRxr3Ak8Weu1w 1000 BTC
https://blockchain.info/address/1BRoZJLeLaR9T4PP2m1FJ5isqgQmhzMKBn 99.999 BTC

... I wonder what other addresses Eligius has ...

Is there any possible that eligius efface my block record at the block list?

If they want to do this, they could simply delete all your record, as if you have never mined.

I use 3rd party online archive service to archive the account page everyday. Or Google's page snapshot will do for me automatically.
Deleting my account will instantly be caught.

So you can post some screenshots of the blocks you found then?
This will prove if they had deleted any of your found blocks.

I could select some block from chain which is mined by my friend in his private pool and annonce that is mined by me in eligius.
So, your propose might not be a working one, sorry.
Pages:
Jump to: