Pages:
Author

Topic: Email from Dwolla Regarding Reversals - page 2. (Read 10414 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 250
Don't mind me.
April 19, 2012, 01:38:21 PM
So, are they back on the "tolerable to do business with" list?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
April 19, 2012, 01:23:17 PM
Can anyone else verify? I may take Dwolla off my shitlist.

I can confirm that today I was shown just these three requirements (and the fourth, to connect to a social network, was not shown).  This was my first time logging into Dwolla this week though.

I already had the 30-day requirement filled and the Hub Page enabled as well so the last step was to verify my SSN.  After clicking on the link for that and entering my SSN (though had to restart the send money process from Mt. Gox after each step) I was then able to send funds today from Dwolla to Mutum Sigillum, LLC and shortly after those funds showed as being credited to my Mt. Gox account.
Activity: 675
Merit: 502
April 19, 2012, 01:13:32 PM
Seems Dwolla has had a "reversal" of policy.  The Facebook requirement is no longer listed:

Can anyone else verify? I may take Dwolla off my shitlist.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
April 19, 2012, 10:13:27 AM
Seems Dwolla has had a "reversal" of policy.  The Facebook requirement is no longer listed:

LOL...man are they priceless. For anyone with trapped funds, I was able to move them into BitFloor without any verification. No more Dwolla for me! Smiley
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
April 19, 2012, 09:07:07 AM
R-
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Pasta
April 18, 2012, 02:16:14 PM
Frankly I think this is interesting. I do not like the FB verification however. It should be an opt out feature along with SMS verification

Robert
R-
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Pasta
April 18, 2012, 02:14:51 PM
Definitely disatisfied with their SMS verification policy
Activity: 675
Merit: 502
April 18, 2012, 01:36:32 PM
http://help.dwolla.com/customer/portal/articles/269223-how-can-i-delete-my-dwolla-account-

Their TOS says they keep your info for at least 3 years, that is what "suspended" means.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
April 18, 2012, 02:12:58 AM

It would seem the fastest method is now to post your account number in this thread.

Suspended, not closed. I have a feeling that closing the account and having your information forgotten is impossible.
April 17, 2012, 08:27:06 PM
I tried deleting my Dwolla account right after TradeHill went down, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do this.  I posted a question on their Facebook page asking how one goes about deleting/cancelling a Dwolla account, but it was never answered.  So if I understand you correctly, you have to contact their customer support to ask for your account to be deleted?  Wouldn't it automatically be disabled if you haven't used it in more than 30 days?

It would seem the fastest method is now to post your account number in this thread.

Dwolla account ID # 812-665-7282 has been suspended.

Oh well.  At least my account was empty.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
April 17, 2012, 08:09:23 PM
If you have an account and don't want to comply with their bullshit verification, contact support and ask for it to be deleted.  They should feel some pain from this new policy.

except that, IIRC, your account won't actually be deleted for a very long time.

They offered to suspend my account, I told them to permanently delete all data that they are not required by law to retain.  They still haven't responded.
I tried deleting my Dwolla account right after TradeHill went down, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do this.  I posted a question on their Facebook page asking how one goes about deleting/cancelling a Dwolla account, but it was never answered.  So if I understand you correctly, you have to contact their customer support to ask for your account to be deleted?  Wouldn't it automatically be disabled if you haven't used it in more than 30 days?
Activity: 43
April 17, 2012, 08:07:03 PM
If you don't like this, cancel your account today, right now.

I just confirmed with Dwolla support that all 4 steps are now a requirement before sending money to MtGox.
- The 30 bank transfer history I have no problem with.  
- Accessing my Facebook and Social Security number is an unnecessary invasion of my privacy that I will not tolerate, and is the main reason I am cancelling my account.
- The fact that they are up-selling their new Hub Pages product is repugnant, particularly that it is a requirement before you can send money to certain people.  

If you have an account and don't want to comply with their bullshit verification, contact support and ask for it to be deleted.  They should feel some pain from this new policy.
Activity: 45
April 17, 2012, 07:10:15 PM
Yeah that's true. I always got around that by putting cash in before I needed it & maintaining a balance so it was there ready for me,  I can just do the same with bill pay.

April 17, 2012, 06:51:40 PM
Yeah I saw that myself. Looked into using bill pay from my bank only problem is 5 business day turn over. Yikes send them payment today, it would get there by next Tuesday. That's rough for trying to do business, better off dropping a check / usps in the mail.
Guess it depends on your needs.  I'm looking to replace a Dwolla monthly-recurring ACH payment, so the billpay method seems to fit that need.   BTW, I've never had a Dwolla transfer take any less than five business days either.
Activity: 45
April 17, 2012, 06:33:14 PM
So now where to I go to get my cash into campbx, Any ideas?
Just looked into this myself.  CampBX accepts USPS money orders, personal checks, and payments from bank bill-pay services.

Yeah I saw that myself. Looked into using bill pay from my bank only problem is 5 business day turn over. Yikes send them payment today, it would get there by next Tuesday. That's rough for trying to do business, better off dropping a check / usps in the mail.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
April 17, 2012, 05:43:29 PM
Now selling Dwolla to mtgox service for 0.50 cents.  Just send funds to https://www.dwolla.com/hub/812-665-7282 with the MTGOX comment that MtGox uses to identify your account.  I will keep a quarter and send it on to MtGox with the comment intact.  I'll probably get my account marked for these requirements before long, and I'll be doing it manually so there will be a delay while I sleep and when I'm AFK, but I can process them within 12 hours from now until Friday, April 20th (I'll be travelling Saturday) or until I get marked.  Of course, there's a chance I'm already marked for having transacted with MtGox, so I would appreciate it if someone who's account doesn't meet the requirements could check and let me know.

That was to be expected! You shouldn't have posted it publicly in the forum. Do you think they are not here looking into these threads?

Meh.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
April 17, 2012, 05:42:15 PM
Someone please explain to me how having a Facebook account makes a person less likely to be committing fraud?

Who says it does. Maybe they just want your FB info for marketing? I bet if I had your social connections I could identify several hot leads.  Sad

The Article linked by Stephen Gornick. Social networks are now being used for credit checks.

My name is pretty generic, also I used a different English spelling of my name.... GL to them. The only thing that pops up from social networks is linkedin.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
April 17, 2012, 05:38:39 PM
Now selling Dwolla to mtgox service for 0.50 cents.  Just send funds to https://www.dwolla.com/hub/812-665-7282 with the MTGOX comment that MtGox uses to identify your account.  I will keep a quarter and send it on to MtGox with the comment intact.  I'll probably get my account marked for these requirements before long, and I'll be doing it manually so there will be a delay while I sleep and when I'm AFK, but I can process them within 12 hours from now until Friday, April 20th (I'll be travelling Saturday) or until I get marked.  Of course, there's a chance I'm already marked for having transacted with MtGox, so I would appreciate it if someone who's account doesn't meet the requirements could check and let me know.

That was to be expected! You shouldn't have posted it publicly in the forum. Do you think they are not here looking into these threads?
April 17, 2012, 05:30:16 PM
So now where to I go to get my cash into campbx, Any ideas?
Just looked into this myself.  CampBX accepts USPS money orders, personal checks, and payments from bank bill-pay services.
donator
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
April 17, 2012, 05:02:44 PM
Facebook thing and 30 day wait won't really prevent fraud. Afterall most crimebots record every keystroke and login so the potential fraudster would already have all Dwolla/FB/everything and can just buy the SSN# from a lookup service.

Bitinstant should crowdsource trusted people to do cash in hand trades in every city and pay an affiliate fee or something Smiley No more banks or dwolla middlemen. Sort of a giant hawalla network

I would happily participate in such a thing. I wonder how you'd go about vetting so many people though...

Thats a good idea actually.....

+1
Pages:
Jump to: