Pages:
Author

Topic: [EMC] EMERCOIN — Blockchain Service Platform. PoS&PoW | BTC merge-mined - page 62. (Read 393776 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021
Newbie so please excuse the stupid questions.  I am interested in mining and after doing some research I like emercoin.  I went ahead and installed the wallet as per the instructions for POS at http://emercoin.com/MINING_GUIDE_POS.  Wallet is setup correctly (encrypted and unlocked for block minting only) and I am synced with the green check mark (178692) yet for roughly half the day not a single thing has happened.

I also looked into mining POW with the instructions at http://emercoin.com/MINING_GUIDE_POW.  Again I followed the instructions listed, but when running gcminer it did not find any devices.  I'm assuming because this is an older gpu card.  Can you not mine with CPU?

This is an old laptop as I am just playing around to see how everything works before deciding to actually pursue 'really' doing this.  Windows 10, 64-bit, and an Nvidia GeForce GT300M.

What do I need to do differently here to get some coins mined?  Is there a mining software that would be recommended over gcminer which would change the results I am seeing for the POW mining?

Hello scuba,

I can tell you mining with any CPU or GPU at this point would be totally inefficient. You will need an ASIC to begin mining Emercoin. As for the PoS, you do not see any activity because it sounds like you do not have any mature coins to stake. You must have coins in your wallet for at least 30 days without them moving for them to have a chance to gain interest.
Activity: 535
Merit: 501
EMC
How do I import private key into the offical Emercoin wallet? Did not found an import feature, only export.

Hi!
Try any dev client https://sourceforge.net/projects/emercoin/files/development/
Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
How do I import private key into the offical Emercoin wallet? Did not found an import feature, only export.

I had the same question months ago Smiley

Here is how you do it (make sure you have your wallet unlocked, otherwise it does not work):

How can I import a paper wallet into the Emercoin desktop wallet?

Any help is appreciated! Smiley

In the Debug window in the desktop wallet, use the command importprivkey

for example:

importprivkey 6RADQpd6fn1pXEy3cYBUVRqHauZeKaqn258r4geRGHRvyAa7PGE

Be sure to copy the private key exactly as shown on the paper wallet. Perhaps there is some software that can read in the QR code and save you having to type it but I don't know what software to suggest.

Obviously you should not reveal your wallet's private key!

Be aware that if you spend part of the funds from the paper wallet address, the change will go to a new address and the paper wallet address becomes empty (even if you only spend a part of it). So make sure to back up the new wallet, or otherwise send the remaining balance back to the paper wallet's address.

I hope this helps!

When trying thee importprivkey command I am getting the following error:

Error adding key to wallet (code -4)

How can I fix this? Sad

Which is the first number or letter of your private key?

there are some slash in the key when you put it?

sure you are not trying to import the public key instead of provate key?close the wallet open it and try again, let us know if it works now

Yes, I am sure about that.

It seems like the actual command is:

importprivkey [label]

What do I have to enter as a label?

Thanks! Smiley
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Newbie so please excuse the stupid questions.  I am interested in mining and after doing some research I like emercoin.  I went ahead and installed the wallet as per the instructions for POS at http://emercoin.com/MINING_GUIDE_POS.  Wallet is setup correctly (encrypted and unlocked for block minting only) and I am synced with the green check mark (178692) yet for roughly half the day not a single thing has happened.

I also looked into mining POW with the instructions at http://emercoin.com/MINING_GUIDE_POW.  Again I followed the instructions listed, but when running gcminer it did not find any devices.  I'm assuming because this is an older gpu card.  Can you not mine with CPU?

This is an old laptop as I am just playing around to see how everything works before deciding to actually pursue 'really' doing this.  Windows 10, 64-bit, and an Nvidia GeForce GT300M.

What do I need to do differently here to get some coins mined?  Is there a mining software that would be recommended over gcminer which would change the results I am seeing for the POW mining?
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
Missed the ICO, this coin is the shit!  Sad

lol, are you kidding or spamming?? Or recognized the wrong coin? It didn't have ico, it is pow&pos,  so you are wrong!!!
Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
Missed the ICO, this coin is the shit!  Sad
Activity: 199
Merit: 102
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
Is the Emercoin block explorer working?  It can't find my Bittrex Emercoin depoit address but can send to it:  https://emercoin.mintr.org/address/ES3kKzNxNs6UqorSyD57DZM7EhxJRY98aL

The BE also can't find other wallet addresses I own.

Thanks!

I'm sorry for the issue. There was a failure in the database of the explorer. It's working again and in sync.
legendary
Is the Emercoin block explorer working?  It can't find my Bittrex Emercoin depoit address but can send to it:  https://emercoin.mintr.org/address/ES3kKzNxNs6UqorSyD57DZM7EhxJRY98aL

Thanks!

Block explorers are now caught up once again.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
What is the max supply of emercoin?

There will be no pre-mining. Binaries and sources will be available on December 11 2013 Moscow (12:00 +3 GMT).

- Total coins: 1 * 10^9 EMC No limit
- PoW block spacing changes from 10 seconds to 10 minutes depending on number of found blocks and difficulty.
- Award for block is 5020 EMC ( decreases depending on complexity)
- Difficulty is recalculated each block
- PoS - 6% per year
- Confirmations for new block : 32

OP said it is no limit. I think the price is the highest cause it is listed on btc38  EMC/CNY. Maybe more pumps, who know.

bleh, I don't like coins with no limit.  Hard to visualize without a supply growth chart.
legendary
what is Emercoin's primary application?

I like the blockchain based security aspects of Emercoin.  I am trying to use it to harden our corporate security domain and implement SSO (single sign on) for our healthcare clients.  See their EMCSSL, EMCSSH, EMCDNS, etc...

This is awesome, thanks for your support! As for the block explorers, looks like they should be catching back up. I will contact the operators if this is not the case shortly.

Hi sir, i see your sig is nice, does emercoin has a sig campaign? If yes, plz show me the link, thx a lot.

I think this coin is accepted by Microsoft azure, that's why it risen a lot, and emc/cny makes the coin more higher.

As of now and for the foreseeable future, there will be no signature campaign for EMC. However, feel free to wear the badge proudly if you so choose! I can point you to the code for the signature which is buried somewhere in this thread.
Activity: 609
Merit: 500

I like the blockchain based security aspects of Emercoin.  I am trying to use it to harden our corporate security domain and implement SSO (single sign on) for our healthcare clients.  See their EMCSSL, EMCSSH, EMCDNS, etc...

This is awesome, thanks for your support! As for the block explorers, looks like they should be catching back up. I will contact the operators if this is not the case shortly.

Hi sir, i see your sig is nice, does emercoin has a sig campaign? If yes, plz show me the link, thx a lot.

I think this coin is accepted by Microsoft azure, that's why it risen a lot, and emc/cny makes the coin more higher.
legendary

Activity: 229

Activity: 229

Thanks!
Activity: 784
Merit: 255
one that must be achieved EMC which include trade in poloniex and it would be perfect
legendary

Emercoin is targeting industrial applications with its blockchain based tools and solutions.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
What is the max supply of emercoin?

There will be no pre-mining. Binaries and sources will be available on December 11 2013 Moscow (12:00 +3 GMT).

- Total coins: 1 * 10^9 EMC No limit
- PoW block spacing changes from 10 seconds to 10 minutes depending on number of found blocks and difficulty.
- Award for block is 5020 EMC ( decreases depending on complexity)
- Difficulty is recalculated each block
- PoS - 6% per year
- Confirmations for new block : 32

OP said it is no limit. I think the price is the highest cause it is listed on btc38  EMC/CNY. Maybe more pumps, who know.
Pages:
Jump to: