Pages:
Author

Topic: Encouraging people to adopt Bitcoin. - page 4. (Read 3436 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
December 06, 2015, 02:11:22 PM
I would support this but of course, change starts with yourself.
The only way the whole world will adapt to bitcoin is when bitcoin users are informing other people.

Easier said than done. With scams and wallet robberies occurring at such alarming frequencies, I find it increasingly difficult to convince ordinary people to use Bitcoins. When I started collecting the coins in 2012, it was not this difficult. But now it is getting a lot harder, especially with scandals such as the Mt Gox robbery and the Silk Road arrests.
Bitcoin world is different, because everyone is master and commander here. You are in charge of your money, and no one is gonna help you when you fail.
That is the problem for the most people, as masses are used to having banks, financial institutions, payment processor which manage their money for customers.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
December 06, 2015, 02:01:22 PM
The only way the whole world will adapt to bitcoin is when bitcoin users are informing other people.

Easier said than done. With scams and wallet robberies occurring at such alarming frequencies, I find it increasingly difficult to convince ordinary people to use Bitcoins. When I started collecting the coins in 2012, it was not this difficult. But now it is getting a lot harder, especially with scandals such as the Mt Gox robbery and the Silk Road arrests.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
December 06, 2015, 01:48:06 PM
i would, but the adoption of bitcoin will be
a long process, and many people will have
a second thought of using it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
December 06, 2015, 11:18:57 AM

Activity: 182
Pollak
December 06, 2015, 10:56:00 AM
In China, many people use online payment now, Alipay, Wechat wallet, but Bitcoins are little known

I am surprised it hasn't replaced western union tbh.  Maybe just need more time to stabilise.

Bitcoin is a currency western union is a service to transfer money worldwide. Those are two different things.

I believe just talking about bitcoin to the people around you helps a lot already, you don't need millions to let people know about it.

not only talking about bitcoin to the people but i think you have to knowledge the shopkeepers about the benefit of using bitcoins and how their business can grow if they start accepting bitcoins. for that first we have to ask whether they accept bitcoin as their payment option.like this shopkeeper will come to know about bitcoin and its benefits.

Exactly, which starts out by talking, informing them.

We can all do some advertisement for bitcoin by just talking about it and introducing people to what we believe is the future.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
December 06, 2015, 10:49:43 AM
I've been in and out of the Bitcoin scene since it's start. More and more, over the years, I've been overwhelmingly convinced that it is worthwhile. I believe there is a need to get more people to accept Bitcoin as something very real and useful. It will help with the growth of the community and help to insure the future use and growth of Bitcoin in general if we show people that they can be a part of it. I do not have the money to do something like this alone, but what I do have is passion, tenacity, and of course time. Personally, I see a huge opportunity here and hope others do to.

I believe it's the Bitcoin's supporters responsibility to advertise Bitcoin everywhere and support it as well by making deals with this crypto currency. Bitcoin still need advertising because many people still don't know about it till now
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
December 06, 2015, 10:48:25 AM
Bitcoin couldn't function on the scale that western union does, at some point, the business would get fucked over by the large swings in price.

when bitcoin is getting accepted and wall street level traders step into it, then there won't be much volatility left. instead of now we see the price go up and down some times 10-20% per day, we will see 10-20% price swings, per year.

i think you need big guys prior, the global acceptance of bitcoin, you need to increase it's value, or the "average joe" will not enter the market massively

or you need to do it via acceptance of bitcoin, like amazon or akin services, that incentivate those "joe" with a discount at the beginning

the impact of amazon, alibaba and ebay when they accept bitcoin will be huge. this will most definitely help convince the average joe to step in. only..... large companies such as amazon won't step in as long as nothing happens to the block size. imagine what would happen if they do accept bitcoin. each block will be filled instantly at 1mb.
Activity: 182
December 06, 2015, 10:36:43 AM
I am planning to encourage my friends on social media to learn about bitcoins starting on creating a bitcoin wallet and faucets but I don't have much time to create visuals. It's much easier if you have pictures or videos on how to do it step by step since am not that good at words.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 06, 2015, 10:36:16 AM
Bitcoin couldn't function on the scale that western union does, at some point, the business would get fucked over by the large swings in price.

when bitcoin is getting accepted and wall street level traders step into it, then there won't be much volatility left. instead of now we see the price go up and down some times 10-20% per day, we will see 10-20% price swings, per year.

i think you need big guys prior, the global acceptance of bitcoin, you need to increase its value, or the "average joe" will not enter the market massively

or you need to do it via acceptance of bitcoin, like amazon or akin services, that incentivate those "joe" with a discount at the beginning
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/
December 06, 2015, 10:33:29 AM
In China, many people use online payment now, Alipay, Wechat wallet, but Bitcoins are little known

I am surprised it hasn't replaced western union tbh.  Maybe just need more time to stabilise.

Bitcoin is a currency western union is a service to transfer money worldwide. Those are two different things.

I believe just talking about bitcoin to the people around you helps a lot already, you don't need millions to let people know about it.

not only talking about bitcoin to the people but i think you have to knowledge the shopkeepers about the benefit of using bitcoins and how their business can grow if they start accepting bitcoins. for that first we have to ask whether they accept bitcoin as their payment option.like this shopkeeper will come to know about bitcoin and its benefits.

Is it really important for bitcoin to be available in physical shops? Why not a digital currency for the digital world. Rather than pushing it into real world, let bitcoin thrive in the digital world. I.e used for digital transactions
Bitcoin could be applied in digital world, even in real world! It belongs to the whole world! It still needs time to get ppl be comfortable with it!
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
December 06, 2015, 10:32:39 AM

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
December 06, 2015, 10:25:45 AM
It's important to get more and more people to start hoarding so that price rises and we get profits.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
December 06, 2015, 10:24:29 AM
just imagine if there's exist online shop site that giving 70% discount for user who pay with bitcoin , how many woman will going to adopt bitcoin?

Probably a lot. But I think we should start by letting them get to know bitcoin first and what exactly the concept of it is.

It starts by talking and if they're interested they will seek more information.
Activity: 593
December 06, 2015, 10:24:22 AM
just imagine if there's exist online shop site that giving 70% discount for user who pay with bitcoin , how many woman will going to adopt bitcoin?
70% discount ! How could that be possible? The site and merchants need to make some profits! But I know you could try purse.io to shop on Amazon with discounts paying in Bitcoin!
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
December 06, 2015, 10:01:24 AM
Well, I think first you should educate people about bitcoin and its benefits.
To start some kind of advertising campaign about bitcoin before you educate people about it, introduce well in public, it's waste of time and energy in my opinion.
Also, we will need more support from bitcoin users and merchants than we have now in order to have successful bitcoin campaign.
It's just my opinion.
Activity: 266
Grow SMALL amount of BTC by earning it
December 06, 2015, 09:58:16 AM
For merchant, it is easy. Only a tablet is required for using the POS- Bitpay, Coinbase etc. Bitpay allows merchants to convert to fiat in a instance, no risk for volatility to affect the earnings. However, it isn't easy to do and there is not a huge adoption rate ATM. The general public are skeptical of Bitcoin and would avoid using it since it is too volatile. Merchants would be more reluctant to accept it after Bitpay started to charge.
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
December 06, 2015, 09:52:43 AM
Well I don't think the shopkeepers around me are ready to start accepting bitcoins or any other payment method for that matter right now because for the simple fact they prefer taking cash but I am encouraging the people I know, be it my friends, family, colleagues to start buying Bitcoin and the recent surge in the price really helped to get their attention. And I know it's probably not a good idea to portray Bitcoin to them just as an investment but this way atleast I am able to get them interested and then I can tell them the other advantages of it.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
December 06, 2015, 09:43:59 AM

Is it really important for bitcoin to be available in physical shops? Why not a digital currency for the digital world. Rather than pushing it into real world, let bitcoin thrive in the digital world. I.e used for digital transactions
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
December 06, 2015, 09:35:44 AM

Activity: 280
December 06, 2015, 09:27:26 AM

Pages:
Jump to: