Pages:
Author

Topic: Encouraging people to adopt Bitcoin. - page 6. (Read 3436 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 06, 2015, 05:40:35 AM
I've tried convincing many people to join btc but so far no one has taken me on.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
December 06, 2015, 05:37:58 AM
general public right now no..

and here is the reasons.
to advertise to 7 billion people will cost millions
the average person wants to be able to buy toilet roll, cigarettes, alcohol, baked beans, electric, gas, rent. all of which bitcoin is not ready for
the average person would get too confused. not sure where to buy it and then not sure who to trust to use it with or what to spend it on.

bitcoin is still at the innovation stage and as such there should only be campaigns directed at businesses.. not the public(yet).
bitcoin will only be 'average joe' ready when its truly easier to use than fiat and just as usable as fiat for daily life stuff.. which you'll see if you put the bitcoins utopian concept aside and think about the reality of real life bitcoin use..
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
December 06, 2015, 05:09:33 AM
I've been in and out of the Bitcoin scene since it's start. More and more, over the years, I've been overwhelmingly convinced that it is worthwhile. I believe there is a need to get more people to accept Bitcoin as something very real and useful. It will help with the growth of the community and help to insure the future use and growth of Bitcoin in general if we show people that they can be a part of it. I do not have the money to do something like this alone, but what I do have is passion, tenacity, and of course time. Personally, I see a huge opportunity here and hope others do to.
Pages:
Jump to: