Pages:
Author

Topic: Ended CardReaderFactory Lancelot Group Purchase due to Seller Business Practice - page 4. (Read 7623 times)

legendary
Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000
i want 1 unit Smiley how i can pay ?
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
All PMs have been responded to. I await the next onslaught.

Put me down for one unit please.  I need to get fiat into BTC, but I'm in.

Unit added.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Put me down for one unit please.  I need to get fiat into BTC, but I'm in.
I will get to responding to PMs right after this. The main thing we are waiting on right now is a response from blackarrow in regards to escrow availability, the availability of the atx power adapters as I've had a few people question me about them, and approximate delivery time for a large order.

His most recent response about the power adapters was:

Today we've shipped half of the first batch.  The orders that contained ATX power supply converter have been postponed as it is not in stock.
We are trying to make the ATX power converters on Friday and ship the rest of the orders then but we might ship on Saturday.

The first batch was small due to limited Xilinx IC availability during holidays. We're currently negotiating to get more Xilinx IC in 2 days and start manufacturing the next batch.

I do not want the order to be delayed due to lack of power converters. If it comes to it I think those are an item that would be easy enough for individuals to order. If they are available I will add them on to people's orders. Once I get a response from blackarrow and confirm the details above I will place an order and start accepting satoshis.

I more than likely am going to have to cut down my order to 1 unit as I had a little fiat emergency that required me to cash out my crypto holdings. We will still easily be above 100 units, but I wanted to let everyone know.

-----------------------------------------------------

Consider my 2 confirmed then.

Units added to the list.

I am hopefully on the list as one of the anonymous users.  Watching this thread now

You are. I am just putting the people who PM me to add units down as anonymous as some have requested such. I just want to respect everyone's privacy by default instead of having someone ask me to remove their name.

Bitcoins ready, set and match.

[Mr. Burns Voice] Excellent! [/Mr. Burns Voice]

I would be down for 5 units, do I need to send satoshis somewhere?

If we are close to hitting order total please let me know, I might add on some more to get us to mark.

Also wil these come with power supplies?  If not how do we get those or where can we get them?

I will add you to the list. These only come with:

•1 x Lancelot, with standard cooling system (200Mhz Firmware)
•1 x CDROM (with necessary software, documents)
•1 x cable to connect to the power supply
•1 x USB cable

Please read the initial comment. If it comes to seperating the units and power adapters, etc.. they are available from cardreaderfactory.

I'd like to bundle one ATX to Lancelot Power Adapter with my purchase, if possible.

I will find out soon and let everyone know about power adapters.

I would be in for 6 units.

PM sent explaining my challenge.

I'm getting to PMs here shortly. There's a lot of them, but you will get a response.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I would be in for 6 units.

PM sent explaining my challenge.
Activity: 122
I'd like to bundle one ATX to Lancelot Power Adapter with my purchase, if possible.
Activity: 35
I will let the OP answer the question about getting in.

I neglected to mention that the power supplies are going to be separate from the Lancelots.  The OP told me he will look into adding them to our orders, but he does not want to delay the shipping of the lancelots themselves due to the power supplies.  I think his reasoning is sound, as the power supplies are much easier to get than the lancelots, so, we can get them anywhere if we have to.  Or, we still have the option of getting them from CardReaderFactory
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
I saw that the min had been met,but I was still wondering if I could get in?
The OP has edited the first post.  We are over the min required qty now.

You have a couple of options for power supplies.

Either a brick like the ones the manufacturer sells, or you get their ATX adapter (or build one yourself).

http://www.cardreaderfactory.com/shop/bitcoin.html
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
I would be down for 5 units, do I need to send satoshis somewhere?

If we are close to hitting order total please let me know, I might add on some more to get us to mark.

Also wil these come with power supplies?  If not how do we get those or where can we get them?
Bitcoins ready, set and match.
I am hopefully on the list as one of the anonymous users.  Watching this thread now
Activity: 188
Consider my 2 confirmed then.
All PMs responded to. We are currently over 100 units so the discount is confirmed. I am going to shut down the group purchase soon. Anyone that is on the fence please decided soon as I will stop accepting units for the group purchase and be placing an order for the units within the next day or so.

Sorta confused. You want people to pay you, then you pay escrow, then escrow to blackarrow? Why not buyers straight to escrow? Do you have a lot of rep? Not saying you don't, legit asking.

I'll not expand on it too much, but how the escrow will work is not 100% set at this moment. I am working that out with blackarrow currently.

I use this user name for all of my forum dealings and ebay account (on there, there's a _ between the two words). The best thing I can tell you is that if you have any problems with sending someone funds you shouldn't do it. You need to be personally comfortable with sending someone funds as it does involve a lot of trust. I am not in this in any way to be sneaky or anything else. I simply want to get a discount on some units and I'm doing a lot of work organizing this for zero group compensation.

PM sent. Thanks!

Units confirmed.
Activity: 188
Sorta confused. You want people to pay you, then you pay escrow, then escrow to blackarrow? Why not buyers straight to escrow? Do you have a lot of rep? Not saying you don't, legit asking.
I'm leaving the house now and will respond to all PMs much later this evening / first few AM hours EST.
Activity: 15
2 units if there's a trusted escrow as well as this company being legit. No previous feedback on these yet I believe.

I'm in for 1 on this same condition, let me know

The unit count has been updated and is extremely close to at least 100 units. I will accept orders over 100 for a short time as some people when it comes time to pay may not be able to pay for all or part of their order depending on price fluctuations.

--------------------------------------------

Recheck the dates.  The update on April 30 says they will ship on April 10.  So did they ship or not? When would this group buy ship?

I PMed blackarrow about that and he has fixed it.

I will commit to one unit at the group buy price (100 unit discount) of $275.

Plus shipping, amount to be determined later by Beaflag. (I expect to pay a proportional share of the group/bulk shipment cost and then additionally the amount required to ship my unit.)

Looking forward to us hitting the group commitment of 100 units and Beaflag sending me a PM with address to send BTC. Quantity of BTC determined by MtGox valuation on that date.

--

Please correct me, Beaflag, if I've mis/poorly stated anything.

-- edit 1

I'm contracting/committing for the board, the 12 brass standoffs and the fan. As pictured.

-- edit 2 - Revised the 'edit 1' line for clarity.

You have that pretty much spot on. The only thing is that the boards do not come with the standoffs. The boards come with (from their site):

•1 x Lancelot, with standard cooling system (200Mhz Firmware)
•1 x CDROM (with necessary software, documents)
•1 x cable to connect to the power supply
•1 x USB cable

I've added you to the list.

You can put me down for 10 units.

To be clear, I plan to resell zero or more of these at a profit once I have them in-hand.  I do hope that no one has a problem with this.  Anyone is free to join this GB themselves now to secure a lower price.

I may commit to additional units if funds allow.

I have no problem with that. I've added you to the list.

You can put me down for 4 boards

Danny

Danny,

Your units have been added to the list.

2 units if there's a trusted escrow as well as this company being legit. No previous feedback on these yet I believe.

I won't add you to the list yet. Please read my next reply below.

When I asked about Escrow, I was more concerned about the company.  I've spoken with others that were interested in this and that was always their concern as well.  Where abouts are you located?  That will perhaps affect shipping time, no?

I am located in the United States. I've PMed blackarrow to clarify their escrow policy. If theirs is unacceptable I'm sure we can negotiate a third party escrow service.

vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
I will accept all funds for the group purchase initially to prevent people from backing out and potentially causing a drop below 100 units. Blackarrow states that they will accept escrow for the boards. We as a group can decide on who we want to use for our escrow. I will send the BTC to a group confirmed escrow agent upon ordering the boards. When the boards arrive I will confirm the correct number of boards have arrived ONLY. I previously stated I will only be separating the boards for shipping, but if a member would want me to test their boards that could potentially be arranged.

When I asked about Escrow, I was more concerned about the company.  I've spoken with others that were interested in this and that was always their concern as well.  Where abouts are you located?  That will perhaps affect shipping time, no?

Pages:
Jump to: