Pages:
Author

Topic: Eth 2.0 can be delayed to 2024... - page 6. (Read 2585 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 12
June 26, 2022, 04:48:20 PM
Sounds like a miner's heaven, but the question is, who will actually use this coin or speculate on it? Don't we already have ETC? That is what actually drives the market cap of coins, which makes them profitable to mine at a large scale like ETH.

If miners go together and dump Ethereum 2.0 POS and buy Ethereum POW that's the only financing you need.. The dumping is already ongoing (to pay the exchanges listing fees etc).. 10.8% of the supply (supporting POS) vs 89% of the supply (supporting POW).

10.8% have already voted POS, and they will loose their funds in the new POW fork..

Didn't you bring out an Ethereum miner? Are you earning fees off other miners? If so you obviously have a biased outlook because those fees would be gone once the switch is made to POS. I am a pool miner myself and have been mining Ethereum for 4 years. But I am not as hysterical as you are with the looming merge and end of Ethereum mining. Get a grip on yourself!
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
June 26, 2022, 02:56:12 PM
The same arguments have been used before. Look at Dogecoin. The market cap of Doge is now bigger than Litecoin (the forked coin) . We don't want to join the POS experiment, so we simply move to a more stable, secure and advanced technology POW. By forking, we can remove the whole management of the coin, the devs and the assets of their supporters.

Then we can push the coin in the right direction.  

At launch all Ethereum holders that haven't locked their funds for staking will receive the same amount of ethereum as they own. Currently this number is 89,2% of the supply but this it is expected to decrease if more users join the ethereum 2.0 staking pool.

So the 11.8% who have locked their funds in Ethereum 2.0, will loose their coins in the new Ethereum.
Activity: 480
Merit: 106
June 26, 2022, 12:46:17 PM
All of you guys talk about the new coin fork from ETH without the PoW diff bomb seem unlikely to be successful. Sure, you guys can implement that but the legitimate for it will be your main obstacle. Since if you can do it, many others will do the same. This leads to fracture and the PoW supporters will be split among those forks. While the real PoW of ETH stuck in the diff bomb, either forced to upgrade to 2.0 or suffer the unprofitable.
Activity: 112
Merit: 83
June 26, 2022, 10:59:28 AM

I am not against this fork, but the price of this coin is important for all miners.
Will all ethereum coin holders get rebel fork coins?
121 million coins is enough to drive the price of the coin very low.

At launch all Ethereum holders that haven't locked their funds for staking will receive the same amount of ethereum as they own. Currently this number is 89,2% of the supply but this it is expected to decrease if more users join the ethereum 2.0 staking pool.
Hard to guess the price, it's up to the market to decide.
Do you understand that this can be fatal for your coin?
Ethereum coin owners will immediately sell your coin and the price will be very low. Miners will not be interested in mining your coin, and you will have problems with 51% attacks, as was the case with Ethereum Classic

Why sell if his coin succeeds the upside is huge.

Here is some simple math .

Eth hash rate is 1.18ph according to coinwarz.

so     1   x 3080    = 100 mh
and 10   x 3080    =  1gh
and 100 x 3080    =  10gh
and 1000 x 3080   =  100gh
and 10000 x 3080 = 1th
100000 x 3080     = 10th
1,000,000 x 3080 = 100th
10,000,000 x 3080 = 1ph.

11,800,000  3080's would be the network

pretend 3,800,000 = asics

so 7,000,000  3080's are all the gpus mining

sp_ did not say if he would allow asics to mine

but if he did it is good for bitmain.

So AMD + NVIDIA and BITMAIN all benefit from his idea.

oh and intel is getting in the game.

What are those companies worth ? close to 1 trillion last I looked.

How about they buy from the fools looking to sell off the "new" eth coin.

12% of eth is by foolish pos piece of shit believers

and ⅓ of that is held by 1 company

so 12 x 121 mill = 14.52 mill coins
⅓ by 1 investor =  4.79 mill coins

value of the 12 % is 1,724,400,000
value of that 1/3 is   574,800,000

value of 7,000,000 3080's is 630,000,000
value of the asics is maybe 300,000,000

and I mine I have some eth I hold not to count the infrastructure I have the cpus the psus the mobos the cooling fans the building

I am only 10gh but why not fight eth and mr v by supporting mr sp_

the only ones at risk are stakers.

btw. 32 coins is now only 40k to risk.

I have far more at risk in my gear than a 32coin staker.

My main point is the stakes coins are not much value anymore 1.7 billion is not a lot.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
June 26, 2022, 10:21:31 AM
Ethereum coin owners will immediately sell your coin and the price will be very low. Miners will not be interested in mining your coin, and you will have problems with 51% attacks, as was the case with Ethereum Classic

It could be fatal for the price of Ethereum 2.0 if 25% of the supply is sold to support the Ethereum POW fork.
Guessing the price at launch is impossible, but there are more than 1 million users with a balance is more than 1 ETH. Some will buy, some will sell.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
June 26, 2022, 08:36:10 AM

I am not against this fork, but the price of this coin is important for all miners.

Activity: 182
Merit: 152
June 26, 2022, 02:23:08 AM
However the challenge will be if exchanges want to get involved in this, they probably don’t want to get in conflict with the ETH dev teams.
I don't see how Vitalik or the dev team could punish these exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
June 26, 2022, 12:00:50 AM
I remember when ETC was born, was actually right when it was listed on Poloniex. It started trading on there and surprised many people and miners started to mine it again because the profitability was much higher due to the lower difficulty.

So all of this is possible, however it will need a listing at a decent exchange. I think if Binance were to list it then it has a good chance of pretty much becoming Ethereum Classic Classic. However the challenge will be if exchanges want to get involved in this, they probably don’t want to get in conflict with the ETH dev teams.

Activity: 112
Merit: 83
June 25, 2022, 07:54:17 PM
All pools, exchanges, clients, wallets will run that new version.

All pools will switch to the rebel fork client or shut down. Exchanges will support 2 coins. Ethereum POW (existing chain) Ethereum 2.0 (POS) the forked chain. With the difficulty bomb still inplace in the POS chain, there will be a period with 2 minable POW chains.

This work for me.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
June 25, 2022, 12:45:24 AM
All pools, exchanges, clients, wallets will run that new version.

All pools will switch to the rebel fork client or shut down. Exchanges will support 2 coins. Ethereum POW (existing chain) Ethereum 2.0 (POS) the forked chain. With the difficulty bomb still inplace in the POS chain, there will be a period with 2 minable POW chains.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
June 24, 2022, 11:37:50 PM
How will this be performed exactly. From what i understand when the POS merge is finally decided, they will release an update and that update will have a block number where the fork will take place. All pools, exchanges, clients, wallets will run that new version.

So miners who don’t want POS will stay on the old version, there will be a split in the network when the block number is hit. However the issue will be the difficulty bomb, eventually it will slow down the network. So some devs will need to code it out and then have everyone upgrade their clients.

sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
June 24, 2022, 09:57:09 PM
What if you increased the block reward to 5 ETH?

Why not 200 ETH reward for a few days.

1. When the Difficulty bomb kicks in the POS fork,  the rebelfork can increase POW reward to 200 eth per block for a few days. (100 times more profitable)
2. Miners will leave the POS fork to mine on the more profitable POW fork. Causing collapse (extreme increase of blocktime) and panic in the POS fork.

Or a dynamic reward calculated from the blocktime in the POS fork.

15 second blocktime in the POS fork 3ETH reward in the POW fork
20 second blocktime in the POS fork 4ETH reward in the POW fork
25 second blocktime in the POS fork 5ETH reward in the POW fork
June 24, 2022, 09:21:26 PM
That is the billion megahash question. The market cap of the rebel coin * the emission rate. What if you increased the block reward to 5 ETH?
But sounds like a plan and thank you for the effort. Let's go!
The more market cap it takes away from Vitalik & Co., the better.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
June 24, 2022, 06:00:33 PM
Please give a link to the rebel fork website or community. My search engine does not return the required information.

We are a group of devs, The name of the coin, launch date and www depends on the Ethereum Team and what they do.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
June 24, 2022, 01:40:15 PM
Ethereum POW=Ethereum Classic.

A rebel fork testnet has successfully been launched. With 100% of the nodes working as expected. Ready to be deployed.

1. The Ethereum POS stake holders funds will be vaulted.
2. The difficulty bomb has been removed.
3. The London fork burning code will be reverted.

Why do we need another worthless coin?

The rebel fork will be supported by some of the biggest exchanges in the world.
Please give a link to the rebel fork website or community. My search engine does not return the required information.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
June 24, 2022, 11:22:27 AM
Sounds like a miner's heaven, but the question is, who will actually use this coin or speculate on it? Don't we already have ETC? That is what actually drives the market cap of coins, which makes them profitable to mine at a large scale like ETH.

If miners go together and dump Ethereum 2.0 POS and buy Ethereum POW that's the only financing you need.. The dumping is already ongoing (to pay the exchanges listing fees etc).. 10.8% of the supply (supporting POS) vs 89% of the supply (supporting POW).

10.8% have already voted POS, and they will loose their funds in the new POW fork..
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
June 24, 2022, 11:07:48 AM
Ethereum 2.0 will fork the network, and they have implemented a difficulty bomb which will end POW. With a small modification of the wallet code, ethereum will still be minable. Solominers, Pools and exchanges would need to update their wallets.
Another Ethereum Classic, another Team. I am a coin dev and a miner dev with 9 years of blockchain experience, and my team is strong. I have also previously announced that I will create a new coin here on bitcointalk.

We will end up with the POW fork "Ethereum", and the new POS fork "Ethereum 2.0"
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
June 24, 2022, 05:26:11 AM
This is the first time that I have heard about eth rebel hardfork.
Can you give us more informations about it?
Activity: 155
Merit: 14
June 24, 2022, 03:32:11 AM
The rebel fork will be supported by all the miners in the world 100 million++, all the miningpools, all the miner devs, And big companies like NVIDIA and AMD.

Where can I find more information about this rebel fork?
Google search doesn't help.
June 23, 2022, 11:55:45 PM
All ethereum holders that haven't locked their funds will receive the same amount ethereum in the rebel fork. 1:1. The Implementation is done by a team of old Bitcoin devs.
You will get Ethereum lightning, dynamic blocksize to avoid expensive gas price (gwei) (We don't like that people in power control the gas price ), adding ethash+gpu minable randomx POW to avoid  asic attacks, refactor codebase to avoid buffer attacks- +++
Pages:
Jump to: