Pages:
Author

Topic: [ETH] Ethereum = Scam - page 17. (Read 60193 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
October 03, 2015, 03:04:50 PM
Lol are you serious guys? So ETH was proven to be a scam?

I was just replying to other threads talking about ETH being suspicious, but this really confirms my suspicions.

So if ETH is a scam, then i`m not even that surprized because i suspected this for a long time. It is promising too much but doesnt deliver jackshit, not even a wallet is ready lol.

Ah c`mon man you posted the same picture in 4 different threads. I am not certain, but I have a feeling, just a gut feeling that things will go bad for ethereum.

Why? Because it would not be the first crypto that was a scam. There are scams every week here, some are busted in 1 week, some tend to last 1 year. But when a staff pays 180,000$ to employees for little or no work, then you have to question their abilities.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
October 01, 2015, 06:18:08 PM
Lol are you serious guys? So ETH was proven to be a scam?

I was just replying to other threads talking about ETH being suspicious, but this really confirms my suspicions.

So if ETH is a scam, then i`m not even that surprized because i suspected this for a long time. It is promising too much but doesnt deliver jackshit, not even a wallet is ready lol.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
October 01, 2015, 06:15:34 PM
stable ? ..we need some regulation
then we wouldn't have a long history of exchanges and related services stealing your money guys.. AKA: Pulling a GOX
Want people to use some of these coins such as the one in the topic title here ?
We need some basic common sense laws.. Mark (from Gox) should not be able to tweet pics of a beautiful sunset having a beer (after stealing millions)
want to talk about stability ?
I am not even worried about the code base's used.. I am far more concerned with corrupt maggots loitering in this scene. (that run crypto services)
until they decide to say they got hacked  Roll Eyes and spend your money that is LOL

What do you mean "regulation"?  If there was regulation, you would not be able to create a coin in the first place.  Only the government would be able to make them and you would have government coin + GoldmanSachsCoin and those would be your only 2 options.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
October 01, 2015, 03:09:56 PM
stable ? ..we need some regulation
then we wouldn't have a long history of exchanges and related services stealing your money guys.. AKA: Pulling a GOX
Want people to use some of these coins such as the one in the topic title here ?
We need some basic common sense laws.. Mark (from Gox) should not be able to tweet pics of a beautiful sunset having a beer (after stealing millions)
want to talk about stability ?
I am not even worried about the code base's used.. I am far more concerned with corrupt maggots loitering in this scene. (that run crypto services)
until they decide to say they got hacked  Roll Eyes and spend your money that is LOL
legendary
September 30, 2015, 06:20:50 PM
(to get BTC to cash out to fiat)
which I might add is destructive to Crypto (if that needed to be pointed out)
reality check guys.. we need people in the scene that will come and USE the desired digital currency.

But really, how can you blame people for cashing to fiat if crypto is not functioning as any kind of stable store of value?  Except there now seem to be solutions to that with market pegged assets like BitUSD, BitGold, etc, so this might change soon.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
September 30, 2015, 05:23:24 PM
You bumped a 2 year old Spoederman post

Haven't heard that one before LOL

yeah.. 2 years and your still all pushing IPO Ponzi schemes (to get BTC to cash out to fiat)
which I might add is destructive to Crypto (if that needed to be pointed out)
reality check guys.. we need people in the scene that will come and USE the desired digital currency.
what we do NOT need is yet more people who are showing up to make a buck and leave a mess (ruining crypto in the process)

ON Topic:
Something most of you does not possess the ability to do (such as the comment I quoted)
I was right now wasn't I ?

..I told you so *Again  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
September 29, 2015, 09:51:40 PM

actually its not even 18 months old... Roll Eyes
Activity: 504
Merit: 512
September 29, 2015, 09:47:29 PM
I guess, and I could be wrong so please correct me, that NXT and BURST are turing complete since they rely on java.

Why is ETH requiring to have a separate language when we already got the NXT platform to build on?
legendary
September 29, 2015, 09:36:52 PM
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
September 29, 2015, 05:40:23 PM
This thread needs a bump with todays news! Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
July 31, 2015, 06:49:46 PM
Anyone has met Antony (the founder of Ether) knows hes shaddy as fck. The guy doesnt really understand bitcoin and generally talks baseless crap just like Roger Ver.

Someone should do a background check on Antony and you will be shocked.

Everything's shady.  You forgot about the Goldman Sach's connection.  There's only so many people in this world that have worked for them (out of 7 billion people) and yet Ethereum has them.

Then there's Vitalik - always doing these hour long interviews and flying around the world to promote Ethereum.  When does he have time to do any development?  Why is he passed off as some sort of prodigy developer?  How is that kid more well known than Charlie Lee or actual Bitcoin developers like Gavin Andresen?  I swear that Vitalik is a mascot, some Goldmansachs executive at some table probably said: "We need someone 'hip and kewl', like Justin Bieber, to promote our scam coin to the skateboarding millenials".. "umm how about Vitalik sir, all he does is edit some magazine read by a few dozen people and he's also from Toronto just like Bieber", "Good job Samuels, keep up the good work and you'll get that raise".

I don't seem any similarities between Justin Bieber & Vitalik..... I do agree the goldman sachs connection is very fishy.
That's why I want no parts of Ether. Appears more like a scam the more I do investigation.

Share what your investigation discovered with us.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
July 31, 2015, 03:52:37 PM
Anyone has met Antony (the founder of Ether) knows hes shaddy as fck. The guy doesnt really understand bitcoin and generally talks baseless crap just like Roger Ver.

Someone should do a background check on Antony and you will be shocked.

Everything's shady.  You forgot about the Goldman Sach's connection.  There's only so many people in this world that have worked for them (out of 7 billion people) and yet Ethereum has them.

Then there's Vitalik - always doing these hour long interviews and flying around the world to promote Ethereum.  When does he have time to do any development?  Why is he passed off as some sort of prodigy developer?  How is that kid more well known than Charlie Lee or actual Bitcoin developers like Gavin Andresen?  I swear that Vitalik is a mascot, some Goldmansachs executive at some table probably said: "We need someone 'hip and kewl', like Justin Bieber, to promote our scam coin to the skateboarding millenials".. "umm how about Vitalik sir, all he does is edit some magazine read by a few dozen people and he's also from Toronto just like Bieber", "Good job Samuels, keep up the good work and you'll get that raise".

I don't seem any similarities between Justin Bieber & Vitalik..... I do agree the goldman sachs connection is very fishy.
That's why I want no parts of Ether. Appears more like a scam the more I do investigation.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
July 31, 2015, 11:32:43 AM
Activity: 294
February 22, 2015, 10:17:39 PM
No post here for 3 months... I thought may be it is time for an update about how the story is unfolding.

The coding of Ethereum is still going strong. Latest can be observed here:
  http://github.com/ethereum   

As of right now they have released their proof-of-concept "PoC 8".
  https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/1864/ethereum-poc-8-released

I, like many other developers, have been learning and experimenting smart contract development on Ethereum "testnets" for many months.

It works.

Will the genesis fail? Will the Ether economics hold? Will a fork of it (say from IBM) succeed better?

Who knows... but clearly Ethereum is already *real*.... and if somehow its first official blockchain fails, then it will be tweak and revived one way or another.

Good stuff. Looking forward to seeing it as a Bitcoin sidechain.

Sidechain? Bitcoin is worthless compared to innovative altcoins we see here.
Activity: 336
February 22, 2015, 07:24:12 PM
No post here for 3 months... I thought may be it is time for an update about how the story is unfolding.

I, like many other developers, have been learning and experimenting smart contract development on Ethereum "testnets" for many months.

It works.

Will the genesis fail? Will the Ether economics hold? Will a fork of it (say from IBM) succeed better?

Who knows... but clearly Ethereum is already *real*.... and if somehow its first official blockchain fails, then it will be tweak and revived one way or another.

Good stuff. Looking forward to seeing it as a Bitcoin sidechain.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
February 22, 2015, 07:10:45 PM

It works.

Activity: 443
November 21, 2014, 11:27:39 AM
For those how are sure the Ethereum teams can not keep the promise to start the main net this winter we opened a prediction market on it:

https://www.fairlay.com/predict/registered/new/ethereum-main-net-goes-live-before-spring-2015/

It is a market place where people can bet against each other. If you prediction they won't start the main net we try to find one how is willing to take the other side. Currently we have about 0.8 Bitcoin in open predictions and the likelihood is at 45%. If you think it is more likely you should predict "yes" - otherwise "no".

Will be interesting who wins in the end...
Activity: 345
November 20, 2014, 07:09:53 PM
Don't people get all software is vaporware until it is finished?

Why is it no one automatically calls any movie, music album or product announced 6-12 months or more in advance Vaporware and something that will never come out?

Perhaps because promises to create software are the ones that are most often broken.
legendary
Activity: 1246
November 20, 2014, 06:46:35 PM
Don't people get all software is vaporware until it is finished?

Why is it no one automatically calls any movie, music album or product announced 6-12 months or more in advance Vaporware and something that will never come out?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
November 20, 2014, 12:49:16 PM
Surely Ethereum isn't a scam or vaporware.  It seems to be working really good to me (on the CounterParty test net).  Cool

Vitalik very well might go down as the genius who created Ethereum, let other people use it for free, and then just kept all the fundraiser money. 

He doesn't really care.  He gets rich and this really cool software he invented is used everywhere.  He gets awards.  It is all around a big win for him.  Just because the people that directly paid for it aren't the people that actually directly profit probably shouldn't worry him much. 
Pages:
Jump to: