Pages:
Author

Topic: [ETH] ethpool.org-Predictable ETH solo mining pool - Stratum & VarDiff - page 5. (Read 15158 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
EU-Server seems to be down.
US-Server works for me...

Since i'm located in Europe and ping-times are much lower for me on EU-Server than the US-Server, i'd prefer the EU-Server.
So ethpool-admins: please fix asap!

Thanks,
djoser.

The EU server is working now. It would be better if we know the maintenance or other technical care before the server outage.
Activity: 122
Merit: 16
EU-Server seems to be down.
US-Server works for me...

Since i'm located in Europe and ping-times are much lower for me on EU-Server than the US-Server, i'd prefer the EU-Server.
So ethpool-admins: please fix asap!

Thanks,
djoser.
Activity: 461
Merit: 101
What is happening to the Ethpool? There is no response from the EU and American server now. Pool maintenance?
Activity: 35
I don't know, I guess it depends on Genoils schedule.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Currently qtMiner does not support failover pools. Such a feature should be added in an upcoming version of Genoils CUDAminer (which works as good as qtMiner for AMD based cards). So we will recommend switching to this miner as soon as it is released.

When do you think the new CUDA miner with the new failover pool feature will be available? I think Genoil is on holiday at the moment.
Currently qtMiner does not support failover pools. Such a feature should be added in an upcoming version of Genoils CUDAminer (which works as good as qtMiner for AMD based cards). So we will recommend switching to this miner as soon as it is released.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
For the QTminer, is it possible to put two -s, one with Eu, the other with us so that when one server is down, we can use the other server?
Time will tell how much improvement you will gain by joining a server that is closer to your location. In theory it should decrease the uncle rate of the pool as well as the number of stale shares.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Due to popular demand we have added an EU based server (eu1.ethpool.org). Check out our FAQ for connection instructions.

That is good news. I am based in Europe. So my connection should be faster. Does it affect the stratum mining a lot?
Due to popular demand we have added an EU based server (eu1.ethpool.org). Check out our FAQ for connection instructions.
Well CPU mining is still supported on the pool. It will just take time (some hours) till the stats are visible but if you use our stratum connection the vardiff module will adjust the difficulty over time so that it matches your miners speed.
Activity: 33
I have more than 1000+ vps'es with 5 m/h each. I think I will earn much more than GPU users.
The share difficulty of the pool is optimized for GPU mining. This means it will take a very long time to find a valid share using only CPU mining. Generally I would advice not to CPU mine Ethereum as it simply will not yield a lot of income given the current difficulty.
Activity: 33
I'm started mining with opencl miner with -C option (cpu) but I can't get hashrate it shows 0 h/s every time. What could be the main reason of that?
Our 0% fee promotion has ended. Furthermore we have added support for the new stratum enabled CUDAminer from @Genoil. Please note that the stratum enabled version is still in beta and may contain some issue.

You can get the new version from https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/tree/stratum/releases (beta 3). To mine on the pool simply start it using the following arguments:

ethminer.exe -G -S ethpool.org:3333 -O "address"."worker"
In order to celebrate the 6 month anniversary of ethpool.org we have reduced the pool fee to 0%.

We would like to thank all miners for your trust in the pool and your valuable feedback which helped us tremendously to improve the functionality and performance of the system.
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
hmm guys anyone used this before , is it safe to download ?

I have been using this pool for months with no issues.
Payments are on par with most accurate calculator I found -- http://karldiab.com/EthereumMiningCalculator/
Currently around 500 workers are connected to the pool using qt miner. If you have any doubts in regards to the pre-compiled version feel free to compile it from the provided source.
We have deployed a new version of our backend which should provide better stability and a lower uncle rate.

As a Christmas bonus we have reduced our fees to 0%.

Happy mining!
ethpool.org - Predictable Ethereum Solo Mining Pool

New: US-West based server added
New: Asia based server added
New: EU & US based servers
New: Added eth-proxy support
New: Integrated Stratum miner & VarDiff support!

For detailed instructions on how to start mining on the pool check out our homepage.

Features
  • Anonymous mining
  • Optimal mining performance due too integrated stratum miner & VarDiff support
  • DDOS Protected
  • Predictable solo mining
  • 1% fee
  • Automatic payments
  • Professional helpdesk
  • High pool hashrate (~100GH/s) guarantees stable payments and a low variance
  • US, EU & Asia Servers

We tried to combine the best of solo and pool mining into a new payment concept. The new concept awards the full block reward to the miner who did contribute the most unrewarded work to the pool.

The system works like this, every miner starts with 0 credits at the pool. Each submitted valid share increases the credits of a miner by the difficulty of the share. When a block is found the miner holding the most credits will be credited the full block reward and his credits will be reset. This way each miner will receive a predictable payment as soon as his credits at the pool equal the current block difficulty (+/- a few credits caused by the global variance of the pool). You can see the current ranking table at ethpool.org/credits.

As a side benefit, the pool never holds on to any funds. Block rewards are paid in full (meaning uncles & transaction) immediately after 10 confirmations.

All currently existing ethereum stratum pool rely on a local proxy for the stratum connection, which introduces an additional delay. That's why we built the stratum module directly into the ethereum mining software.

Getting started
For full instructions check out our FAQ: http://ethpool.org/faq
Pages:
Jump to: