Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH sell now then re-buy later? - page 3. (Read 3795 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
June 16, 2017, 02:50:10 PM
That's actually what I just did. I sold 3.9 ETH coins at $355 (bought in at $240). With my profit I bought $300 worth of LTC for long term investment. I won't even look at LTC for a long time.

With the rest of my USD I made from selling my ETH I will keep in my wallet and rebuy when it dips below $240. Which supposedly is possibility in the coming weeks.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
June 16, 2017, 02:39:33 PM
I think I made a pretty good speculation about ETH hitting ~$370 again today! Right now we're back up to 357.99. I might go ahead and sell a few coins to keep readily available as I do think we are in a bubble and the price will dip below the $240 mark (which is when I first bought in).

But yes I agree that it's so hard to to accomplish a perfect sell high/buy low scenario. I could sell right now and by EOD today it could be closer to $400.

I am glad I found this forum. You guys all seem to know what you're talking about and its nice to bounce ideas and strategies off of everyone.

I think you got the right idea mate. Don't sell all in, just it a few portions of your stash and see how the market goes. And buy back again when you think you will profit. I pegged my profit roughly around 30%. I think today is all green so I think it is better to hold still and sell it later at a higher price currently. It looks like the price will still go up in a couple of days.
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
June 16, 2017, 02:32:41 PM
Current dip looks over for now and all cryptos are nice and green.
ETH should hit $500+ before next peak. I'll sell some at that level.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
June 16, 2017, 02:25:41 PM
That's what I did at 150$  Grin

I'm still waiting to buy again.

If you want to sell, don't sell all your coins, at least, if it goes up again, you'll still have a bunch with you. Anyway that's what I would do today after I've seen my fail.

This is the problem with trying to game the market for short term gains, it only takes one permanent jump in price for you to miss out.
June 16, 2017, 02:22:51 PM
I think I made a pretty good speculation about ETH hitting ~$370 again today! Right now we're back up to 357.99. I might go ahead and sell a few coins to keep readily available as I do think we are in a bubble and the price will dip below the $240 mark (which is when I first bought in).

But yes I agree that it's so hard to to accomplish a perfect sell high/buy low scenario. I could sell right now and by EOD today it could be closer to $400.

I am glad I found this forum. You guys all seem to know what you're talking about and its nice to bounce ideas and strategies off of everyone.
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
June 16, 2017, 08:43:46 AM
Thank you everyone for the replies!

After posting this, the next morning (6/15/2017) ETH dropped at one point to $251 USD. But I did not sell any. Seeing how it recovered nicely (338.56 USD at the time of this posting) I think I will wait until it gets back to the $375-390 USD as that seems to be the current resistance level.

I currently have 6.8633 ETH coins. I believe it will reach the ~$370 price again tomorrow (hopefully). At that point I will sell 3 ETH coins to keep in my coinbase wallet, roughly half, and gain back $1,110 of my initial $2,000 buy in.

BTW, earlier this week I purchased the lenovo Y710 cube gaming PC with the AMD RX 480 8GB graphics card so I can start mining ETH coins. Based on rate for this graphics card, I should (in theory) be able to mine .5 ETH each month.

But I am curious, did anyone sell today (6/15/17)?

Good luck to all!
I have sold at ~$370 price before it dropped to $251 and im happy I made the right decision. For now I won't rebuy and I will wait for lower prices to rebuy. It was a nice move that you bought a gaming pc to mine ETH but you might also like to mine other altcoins with potential to grow. That way you will profit more, It is just up to you to choose the coin you will mine and believe in though but still eth mining would be nice if the price range we have now would not go lower.

Why do you think the ETH price will drop lower again?
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots
June 16, 2017, 05:24:40 AM
I would book my profit when the price reaches a certain valuation and if you think that the price has a major resistance to over come those valuations it is better to sell off and buy back later because you will get plenty of time to buy back if there is a major resistance.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
June 16, 2017, 04:32:15 AM
I always wanted to do the sell high and buy low during the dip. However I realize i am just not fast enough and not very good at predicting when is the bottom. Not to forgot that some of the existing services that exchange coin to flat are extremely unstable. E.g coinbase goes down everytime there's a big price correction of the market.
Evidently they (Coinbase) are under DDOS if they are down.
You have endless sources on internet how to read from graphs, nobody started as winner, we all had our losses..

Probably is good to sell it now, because it is pumped nicely and we didn't see any of correction lately. Buy on deep again if you truly believe in its success.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
June 16, 2017, 04:24:17 AM
I always wanted to do the sell high and buy low during the dip. However I realize i am just not fast enough and not very good at predicting when is the bottom. Not to forgot that some of the existing services that exchange coin to flat are extremely unstable. E.g coinbase goes down everytime there's a big price correction of the market.
i am the same. finally I understood that it's better to hold instead of trying to ride, especially if you have no knowledge in trading
Activity: 3
June 16, 2017, 04:17:26 AM
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
June 16, 2017, 03:04:35 AM

After posting this, the next morning (6/15/2017) ETH dropped at one point to $251 USD. But I did not sell any. Seeing how it recovered nicely (338.56 USD at the time of this posting) I think I will wait until it gets back to the $375-390 USD as that seems to be the current resistance level.

I currently have 6.8633 ETH coins. I believe it will reach the ~$370 price again tomorrow (hopefully). At that point I will sell 3 ETH coins to keep in my coinbase wallet, roughly half, and gain back $1,110 of my initial $2,000 buy in.

BTW, earlier this week I purchased the lenovo Y710 cube gaming PC with the AMD RX 480 8GB graphics card so I can start mining ETH coins. Based on rate for this graphics card, I should (in theory) be able to mine .5 ETH each month.

Good luck to all!
I have sold at ~$370 price before it dropped to $251 and im happy I made the right decision. For now I won't rebuy and I will wait for lower prices to rebuy. It was a nice move that you bought a gaming pc to mine ETH but you might also like to mine other altcoins with potential to grow. That way you will profit more, It is just up to you to choose the coin you will mine and believe in though but still eth mining would be nice if the price range we have now would not go lower.
June 16, 2017, 02:25:31 AM

Good luck to all!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
June 15, 2017, 07:58:15 PM
Hello,

This would be pure speculation, I know, this is more of a "what would you do?" question.

I bought $2,000 US worth of ETH when it was trading at $240 US. I see some analysts saying that ETH will hover around $320-390 before a crash happens. I am sure it will rebound nicely after this supposed crash but would you sell ETH now while you're still in the green, keep the USD in your wallet and then re-buy when/if ETH falls?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

i think it is reasonable. drop will continue until 18 june. if you sell all your eths you can take double of it after 3 days.  thats it what i will do. i sold all my eths yesterday. and waiting for june 18.

It seems it starting to recover. Why June 18 is so special?
Activity: 728
Merit: 263
June 15, 2017, 02:25:37 PM
Hello,

This would be pure speculation, I know, this is more of a "what would you do?" question.

I bought $2,000 US worth of ETH when it was trading at $240 US. I see some analysts saying that ETH will hover around $320-390 before a crash happens. I am sure it will rebound nicely after this supposed crash but would you sell ETH now while you're still in the green, keep the USD in your wallet and then re-buy when/if ETH falls?

i think it is reasonable. drop will continue until 18 june. if you sell all your eths you can take double of it after 3 days.  thats it what i will do. i sold all my eths yesterday. and waiting for june 18.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
June 15, 2017, 02:09:22 PM
Selling ETH when the price peaked was really a good option looking at the price today,but there were many variables to think other wise,if i had a clue that the market is going to correct itself i would have probably sold some coins and would have planned on re entering later.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
June 15, 2017, 12:45:23 PM
Right now it seems to be going back up. But what you said is true. That is what you try to accomplish, but you will rarely do a perfect "sell at top, buy at bottom", because you don't really know when the top nor bottom is. So you might screw up a few times, and actually buy at top and sell at bottom, trying to stop your losses Cheesy
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
June 15, 2017, 12:42:16 PM
It will go back up again, many ico's in the near future.
Selling out now would be a mistake.
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
June 15, 2017, 04:38:44 AM
I am also waiting to reach 150$  based on my speculation it may reach in next 2 months . I sold some of cryptos in last week when price was in peak like bitcoin around 2980 and ether some where around 390$.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
June 15, 2017, 03:50:16 AM
Seem to much already, I might just forget ETH this time, keep the ETH left on my wallet and focus more on some token that I can afford. There are just more that worth trading. WAVES I guess won't leave until we get more for our bags to hold.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
June 15, 2017, 03:45:29 AM
Hello,

You already made a profit, but I don't think is a good time to sell now as the cryptocurrencies are facing a "dump" these days because of the bitcoin price that has been decreased too much. I think that I would hold a little bit even though the price is going lower and lower (in the past 2 days ETH price dropped for $50+) that's a huge loss for you.
Pages:
Jump to: