Pages:
Author

Topic: EtherDelta - Decentralized Token Exchange - page 16. (Read 40417 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
January 02, 2018, 08:29:01 PM
Hi,

Got some strange issue, the "buy" button does not appear at the bottom and I can't go down the page...
Same on opera or chrome.

Am I missing something here ?

Your buttons are probably below the screen that's why you can't see them - so, zoom out your screen a little (to make the letters smaller) and the buttons will apear. At least that was the situation in my case.
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
January 02, 2018, 07:43:47 PM
Hi,

Got some strange issue, the "buy" button does not appear at the bottom and I can't go down the page...
Same on opera or chrome.

Apart for some slowness everything is ok here.

Sometimes I need to refresh until every block is fully loaded. (Volume is the hardest to load, but it's a bit useless)
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
January 02, 2018, 06:12:25 PM
Every time when I see some mistakely happened trades I feel bad for them. Lots of people losing money with the mistake  when trying to sell or buy. I remember one guy sold 31k $ equivalent token for 100$ with typo. I hope you will fix that problems too. ED needs very much developments on it. And graph also not good
Activity: 420
Merit: 25
January 02, 2018, 05:26:48 PM
Hi,

Same on opera or chrome.

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
January 02, 2018, 01:14:52 PM
So should I hope for things to get better soon or I can just say goodby to my 0.1 ether sitting there for weeks?? I know its just 80 dollars but hey....

ETH and tokens withdraw is disabled on ED?

Not sure,I had 150 dollars worth of ether and I did manage to take half out but it was very hard, first the gas price was always too low no matter what ethgasstation recommended. I will try to get the other half out, its very frustrating...

So should I hope for things to get better soon or I can just say goodby to my 0.1 ether sitting there for weeks?? I know its just 80 dollars but hey....

I wasnt around for some time and still have my funds sitting in EtherDelta. When I heard about the hack I was scared to access the website and therefore left it there for the time being. Better safe than sorry! 

Can anybody tell me what the current status is? Can people access the site safely or is there still a possibility to loose the funds when accessing the website?

it seems to be safe now after they've got back the control over DNS servers.
anyway if you totally losed the trust you can withdraw your eth/tokens from etherdelta 100% safely not entering the site but interacting with etherdelta's smart contract in MEW. 
here is the step-by-step instruction: https://steemit.com/etherdelta/@davidaarong/how-to-manually-transfer-tokens-off-of-etherdelta

Thank you very much for this tutorial, will try that now.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
January 02, 2018, 12:55:54 PM
Seems that ED doesn't work depending your IP.

2 hours awaiting and nothing. But if I configure a VPN it works...
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012
January 02, 2018, 12:17:42 PM

I wasnt around for some time and still have my funds sitting in EtherDelta. When I heard about the hack I was scared to access the website and therefore left it there for the time being. Better safe than sorry! 

Can anybody tell me what the current status is? Can people access the site safely or is there still a possibility to loose the funds when accessing the website?

Currently, it looks safe.

But i advise you to take your valuable tokens to some other address and only use an old address for etherdelta. And never keep there good amount of money.

Thanks for the information. I will do so as soon as possible. Actually Im not going to trade there anymore for now, I just want to withdraw my funds to a safe wallet. I will stay away from EtherDelta until all security risks are fixed. Hopefully the ED team works hard on solving those issues. Still cant believe that ED got hacked, I was always thinking of it as the most secure exchanges as it was running solely on smart contracts, well, lesson learned.

Actually, i don't believe they will be safe. I can't trust they are safe from this incident. I will use them but with precautions.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 02, 2018, 11:49:57 AM

But i advise you to take your valuable tokens to some other address and only use an old address for etherdelta. And never keep there good amount of money.

Thanks for the information. I will do so as soon as possible. Actually Im not going to trade there anymore for now, I just want to withdraw my funds to a safe wallet. I will stay away from EtherDelta until all security risks are fixed. Hopefully the ED team works hard on solving those issues. Still cant believe that ED got hacked, I was always thinking of it as the most secure exchanges as it was running solely on smart contracts, well, lesson learned.
Activity: 434
https://eloncity.io/
January 02, 2018, 11:35:25 AM

it seems to be safe now after they've got back the control over DNS servers.
anyway if you totally losed the trust you can withdraw your eth/tokens from etherdelta 100% safely not entering the site but interacting with etherdelta's smart contract in MEW. 
here is the step-by-step instruction: https://steemit.com/etherdelta/@davidaarong/how-to-manually-transfer-tokens-off-of-etherdelta
January 02, 2018, 10:53:12 AM
How are things now with security on the etherdelta? that it is frightening to get coins there. Who wound up, please tell me if everything is all right?

everything is safe already. they've got the control over dns servers back on 22th dec. only people who were importing their private keys on the phishing fake etherdelta site couple days before that got damaged.

But the problem they have entered the right address. Maybe they entered from bookmark and it was a phishing website thanks to the inadequacy of etherdelta team. So how can you say it won't be again.

i'm not saying it won't happen again. and definitely not trying to excuse etherdelta team. obviously huge security hole had place and informing clients about hackers attack only in several hours after happening didn't make it look better as well.
legendary
January 02, 2018, 10:26:53 AM

Activity: 238
January 02, 2018, 10:19:36 AM

Activity: 430
Merit: 101
January 02, 2018, 08:59:01 AM

ETH and tokens withdraw is disabled on ED?

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
January 02, 2018, 04:00:34 AM
legendary
January 02, 2018, 01:21:05 AM
How are things now with security on the etherdelta? that it is frightening to get coins there. Who wound up, please tell me if everything is all right?

everything is safe already. they've got the control over dns servers back on 22th dec. only people who were importing their private keys on the phishing fake etherdelta site couple days before that got damaged.

But the problem they have entered the right address. Maybe they entered from bookmark and it was a phishing website thanks to the inadequacy of etherdelta team. So how can you say it won't be again.
January 01, 2018, 10:34:32 PM

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
January 01, 2018, 10:26:27 PM
January 01, 2018, 04:59:31 PM
I really like their system before the hack. But i wouldn't buy any of their tokens with this conditions. They are making a million dollars worth of ico and offering nothing in return. Not a fee share or discount on fees. Just they will buy their worthless tokens halfback.

Still if it wasn't just after the hack i wouldn't be so much frustrated to them.
Not only that, but the new owners have shown ZERO goodwill towards users.
1. No capacity upgrades or immediate improvements.
2. Fired/removed all chat room support
3. Stopped adding new tokens (or stopped announcing them)

And again to re-hash other arguments:
1. Why are millions needed to market/promote the most successful decentralized exchange in the world?
2. Why does it take millions to "develop" Etherdelta? 2 or 3 devs for $150k/yr should easily suffice for improvements and upgrades.
3. What benefit will token holders receive? Some vague promise of discounts in fees... which without a change to the smart contract is not possible. And changing the smart contract is a logistical and support nightmare.

yes, totally agree! this crowdsale is a joke. the only thing would make this crowdsale looks a bit better is a sharing of earned money with the people who has been scammed by the phishing site.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
January 01, 2018, 03:00:37 PM
I really like their system before the hack. But i wouldn't buy any of their tokens with this conditions. They are making a million dollars worth of ico and offering nothing in return. Not a fee share or discount on fees. Just they will buy their worthless tokens halfback.

Still if it wasn't just after the hack i wouldn't be so much frustrated to them.
Not only that, but the new owners have shown ZERO goodwill towards users.
1. No capacity upgrades or immediate improvements.
2. Fired/removed all chat room support
3. Stopped adding new tokens (or stopped announcing them)

And again to re-hash other arguments:
1. Why are millions needed to market/promote the most successful decentralized exchange in the world?
2. Why does it take millions to "develop" Etherdelta? 2 or 3 devs for $150k/yr should easily suffice for improvements and upgrades.
3. What benefit will token holders receive? Some vague promise of discounts in fees... which without a change to the smart contract is not possible. And changing the smart contract is a logistical and support nightmare.
Pages:
Jump to: