Pages:
Author

Topic: Etherdelta has bn hacked - page 5. (Read 1728 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
December 22, 2017, 12:01:44 PM
ETHERDELTA IS BACK ONLINE....I KNOW ALOT OF YOU ARE GOING TO SAY IM DONE USING THAT EXCHANGE ... BUT YOU'LL USE IT ANYWAY.  THERES NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE... WHEN IT COMES TO ERC20
Activity: 308
Merit: 156
December 22, 2017, 05:51:59 AM
I am very sad. It seemed to me that a decentralized exchange would guarantee that my coins were fully protected. But scammers turned out to be very smart
Activity: 714
Merit: 105
December 22, 2017, 05:33:30 AM
actually nothing happen to you if you not logged in to etherdelta after hackers attack .according to officilal announcement of etherdelta hacker get in to DNS server of ed and converted original etherdelta url to other site.if you logged in to your etherdelta account and given your private keys after hackers attack you may be at high risk of lost your fund from myetherwallet.if you are a victim highly recommend to make another mew account and transfer your funds as soon as possible.according to sourses your metamask wallet is safe.if you not logged in to your eterdelta during that period you dont have to worry or get panic.just wait till all these restored and official announcement.
Anyone know the exact period?
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
CV proof..best project 2018
December 22, 2017, 05:20:01 AM
actually nothing happen to you if you not logged in to etherdelta after hackers attack .according to officilal announcement of etherdelta hacker get in to DNS server of ed and converted original etherdelta url to other site.if you logged in to your etherdelta account and given your private keys after hackers attack you may be at high risk of lost your fund from myetherwallet.if you are a victim highly recommend to make another mew account and transfer your funds as soon as possible.according to sourses your metamask wallet is safe.if you not logged in to your eterdelta during that period you dont have to worry or get panic.just wait till all these restored and official announcement.
Merit: 500
December 22, 2017, 05:05:10 AM
It was a phising attack ? What really happen there? I saw a 250K lost on ETH funds.

Someone hacked their DNS and put up a phishing site on the real domain. Only people who use ED by entering their private keys have been affected.

If anyone needs help in transferring their funds out of EtherDelta while the site is compromised then I would recommend joining the Ethereum Blue telegram group:

https://t.co/RoxhCbc3ku

The admins and members have made it their mission to help every single person who needs help getting funds out of EtherDelta and they have a pinned message which gives step-by-step info with diagrams and annotations.

They have a beta release of their BLUE chrome extension which would have protected people from this phishing attack but you don't have to be a user to join their Telegram and benefit from the free help and advice they are offering to EtherDelta users.

I joined the group, and it was very heping... I followed steps to take my funds on ED and it's done... I'm safe for now... I wonder if I'll use ED to trade again in the future..
for a while it is better to trade at other exchange.its still risky now for trading on etherdelta.maybe people got scammed by this attack.wait for official announcement from etherdelta for trade there.
I am now back to use etherdeata but only in one wallet right now. i dont want to experience the same panic that happen last day. i will make sure all of my fund there is i can afford to lose even if there will be breach happen again .
Activity: 448
December 22, 2017, 03:11:36 AM
I had tokens I hope they will be OK , during the attack on the website I did not go
Merit: 105
December 22, 2017, 12:44:16 AM
I think when the address bar shows right address with https enable, it is safe to use.
How is it possible? Does the fake site use the same url under https protocol?
Is it more safe to use etherdelta ip address?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
December 21, 2017, 11:04:16 PM
It was a phising attack ? What really happen there? I saw a 250K lost on ETH funds.

Someone hacked their DNS and put up a phishing site on the real domain. Only people who use ED by entering their private keys have been affected.

If anyone needs help in transferring their funds out of EtherDelta while the site is compromised then I would recommend joining the Ethereum Blue telegram group:

The admins and members have made it their mission to help every single person who needs help getting funds out of EtherDelta and they have a pinned message which gives step-by-step info with diagrams and annotations.

They have a beta release of their BLUE chrome extension which would have protected people from this phishing attack but you don't have to be a user to join their Telegram and benefit from the free help and advice they are offering to EtherDelta users.

I joined the group, and it was very heping... I followed steps to take my funds on ED and it's done... I'm safe for now... I wonder if I'll use ED to trade again in the future..
for a while it is better to trade at other exchange.its still risky now for trading on etherdelta.maybe people got scammed by this attack.wait for official announcement from etherdelta for trade there.
Activity: 400
Play2Live presale starts on 5th December
December 21, 2017, 10:59:14 PM

Activity: 130
Merit: 10
December 21, 2017, 10:55:20 PM
Ether Delta has been hacked by the scammer. Some people invest to get a profit but some are stealing. So sad to know that kind of issue.
Activity: 144
December 21, 2017, 10:47:59 PM
it's back online
Activity: 213
December 21, 2017, 08:08:19 PM

Activity: 564
Merit: 104
December 21, 2017, 08:06:50 PM
This is really scary. Is there already any information about the entity of the stolen funds? And the type of stolen coins?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 08:01:52 PM
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
December 21, 2017, 08:01:15 PM
Tweets from EtherDelta
"We are in the last step to bring the service back and should have some announcements soon. Thank for you all for retweeting about the imposers phishing attack yesterday."
"Please note if you were using @metamask_io or hardware wallet on EtherDelta, your funds are completely *SAFE* from the phishing attack."
"Also note deposits can only be accessed through user's individual private key via the EtherDelta contract. If you had *NEVER* imported your key on the imposer's phishing site, your deposit should be safe."
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
December 21, 2017, 07:41:02 PM
So how did this all pan out? Safe again? Glad I was away during this, hopefully I wasn't affected!

From their Twitter account earlier today:

We are in the last step to bring the service back and should have some announcements soon. Thank for you all for retweeting about the imposers phishing attack yesterday.

If you were using MetaMask or Blue, you should be fine. If you haven't had Etherdelta's web site open / didn't import your private key, then you should be fine. Even still, this scared the crap out of me. I emptied the ETH in my private key and the tokens in the smart contract to a safe address. I will empty out the ETH held in the smart contract as soon as it's safe.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
December 21, 2017, 07:29:57 PM
I hope ETH is in good hand now coz i want to trade my coins there. Is there a possible way to trade in other exchanges using my ERC-20?  or i will just wait until they fix that issue. hoping for a good response to those who are updated on ETHDELTA hacked exposed
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2
December 21, 2017, 06:36:44 PM
I'm really starting to get tired of these things, we make some money and these hackers are crashing
Exactly what date was hacked?
the phishing wallet started getting transactions 1 day 3 hrs ago
Anyways i was lucky that i saw the warning on twitter otherwise my tokens would've been stolen too.
I think that Zach handled the warning to prevent people from getting hacked pretty professionally, but the hack shouldn't have hacked in the first place
do we have any information on how exactly they hacked the dns?
Activity: 560
December 21, 2017, 06:27:26 PM
I'm really starting to get tired of these things, we make some money and these hackers are crashing
Exactly what date was hacked?
Activity: 594
December 21, 2017, 06:16:41 PM

https://twitter.com/etherdelta/status/943580458616541184

Etherdelta has bn hacked... If you have your fund there... Do not attempt to remove them... The attackers will gain access into your wallet.. And steal all your funds

To check your current holdings on ED use https://deltabalances.github.io

Hackers wallet getting filled up

https://etherscan.io/address/0x3f8a37bde9b15b65c82f9cdd00192e0ba36cc5fc

Watch this video tutorial on how to withdraw your funds from etherdelta without going into the site
https://youtu.be/slru097RrfM

This thread was a big help to those traders who have fund stuck upin this exchange including myself. I have different altcoins funds in there and I don't know how get out in there without stealing my coins with somebody else. So thank you for this mate God bless you moreI hope there is still lot of people like you who had a concern to us in this situation like this.
Pages:
Jump to: