Pages:
Author

Topic: EtherDelta! It's not safe anymore !? - page 16. (Read 3104 times)

legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
February 27, 2018, 04:01:14 AM
EtherDelta is a good exchange. Just use Metamask or go to the Tezor hardware wallets, and your coins will be safe. And do not forget to check the name of the site!
If there is another exchange, I prefer to run from ED.
deals are very slow and gas is huge, that's one of the reasons I want to go.
DEX will probably become ED's biggest rival.
I hope so. They always start well, then as time goes on it becomes crazy. I stopped using etherdelta and idex just because of the fee and the gas I have to pay for deposit. It sucks mate! I rather just prefer waiting for the token to get listed on a centralized exchange that is trustable and then trade it there.

Etherdelta has so many times shown not to be secured with series of attack most especially if the site could be diverted, so nothing makes the different then ?
Activity: 224
Merit: 14
QuickX ICO
February 26, 2018, 05:22:07 PM
I am very curious to try https://forkdelta.github.io/, apparently it is a fork that tries to make etherdelta less of a shit hassle to use, so I am just waiting for right change.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 10:30:30 AM
Always check the SSL cert.
Activity: 23
February 26, 2018, 10:21:26 AM
i use cryptobridge... but i got bridgecoins to stake at ATH... so kida upset with that exchange.. other than that.. it has been actively adding coins over thje past few months..
Activity: 468
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 10:07:48 AM
The alternative I offer is to move to another exchanger, such as idex, cryptopia, or forkdelta. forkdelta I think the website and how the exchanger work is almost the same as etherdelta, maybe you can try it, I have not tried forkdelta, but some of my friends have tried it and they say safe. I use idex more often.
Activity: 420
Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data
February 26, 2018, 10:04:40 AM
Unfortunately, this exchange does not work anymore. We need to look for a replacement. I can not trade there for two weeks. I hope that soon a good decentralized exchange will appear.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
February 26, 2018, 10:04:36 AM
Yep, the exchange is having some serious issues causing the breaking down of transactions. However some alternative exchanges are on ground which anyone can also use. Idex and Fuckdelta are both centralized exchanges which are good and bug free to use.
Activity: 672
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 09:56:45 AM
Etherdelta is safe if you use metamask for login and dont import your private key to exchanger. and etherdelta is safe if you didn't phising web.
but etherdelta have some problem now and volume trading is always 0.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
February 26, 2018, 08:48:25 AM
IDEX is a much better alternative, you just have to wait for it to be listed there. Whereas EtherDelta is immediate as long as you know the contract address.

EtherDelta has always been very buggy and laggy. I'm not surprised it gets compromised every second day or so. Make sure you use Metamask and never give out your private keys. And dont transfer to ED because you see high buy orders, sometimes the orders in the order book are already completed and ED hasn't updated them yet. I fell for that many times.
I agree with you. IDEX is a much better alternative. Since it appeared I practically stopped using EtherDelta. Competing for the same order and wasting gas fee, too many failures, too slow, and not very functional.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
February 25, 2018, 08:46:16 PM
Etherdelta is working again in the name of forkdelta...but it still not safe enough because of the private key...i dont like etherdelta and idex i like exchanges Which you use in it a exchange adress to trade

as long as I use etherdelta does not have a problem, note that do not import your privatekey MEW,create a new one in etherdelta, for your safety
Activity: 1096
Merit: 167
February 25, 2018, 08:33:47 PM
Etherdelta is working again in the name of forkdelta...but it still not safe enough because of the private key...i dont like etherdelta and idex i like exchanges Which you use in it a exchange adress to trade
Activity: 143
Merit: 1
February 25, 2018, 08:16:20 PM
IDEX is a much better alternative, you just have to wait for it to be listed there. Whereas EtherDelta is immediate as long as you know the contract address.

EtherDelta has always been very buggy and laggy. I'm not surprised it gets compromised every second day or so. Make sure you use Metamask and never give out your private keys. And dont transfer to ED because you see high buy orders, sometimes the orders in the order book are already completed and ED hasn't updated them yet. I fell for that many times.
Activity: 261
Merit: 2
February 25, 2018, 08:05:28 PM
I feel that it is quiet safe after getting guideline  from the team members .Earlier it was quiet risky but now team members are coming forward to clear doubt.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 518
February 24, 2018, 07:03:37 PM
I lost ETH in etherDelta at that time and I panicked if it would be so unsafe I found that new information if etherDelta could be used again and probably there would be no theft again good luck and hopefully safe.
Same with me but totally it's my fault cause I directly transfered it into another exchanger. But totally,  I don't have any problems on Ed, in fact I've learn from here in buying and selling when I was new in crypto.  It could be sometimes that their is system maintenance to improve their services.
Activity: 6
February 24, 2018, 06:48:53 PM
I have been using either delta to buy my alt coins and I haven't had any problems. Today I used fork delta and it was a good bit faster and all my trades went well.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 108
February 24, 2018, 06:32:13 PM
I lost ETH in etherDelta at that time and I panicked if it would be so unsafe I found that new information if etherDelta could be used again and probably there would be no theft again good luck and hopefully safe.
Activity: 252
February 24, 2018, 06:07:59 PM
One of the most important elements of the digital money world is trading sites. etherdelta members have suffered from the worry and security problems. I think it is possible to prevent thieves from advancing technology
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
February 24, 2018, 08:28:17 AM
EtherDelta! Dear forum participants, what do you think about how to continue working, because there is no alternative to this exchange yet, and it is not possible to trade safely any more. What alternative can you offer?

Now there's the IDEX alternative. Personally, it's an exchange that I like more than EtherDelta. I think it's more intuitive and functional. And although IDEX gas costs are about 1.5x higher than EtherDelta, on IDEX there is no risk of competing for the same order and wasting this gas fee. Traders receive their chosen order regardless of how long the transaction takes to settle.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
February 24, 2018, 07:09:42 AM
it's always been a dump
people lost a lot of money by entering wrong orders, IDEX is a much better stock market
Activity: 1134
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 24, 2018, 07:08:11 AM
I think etherdelta does become unsafe. too many missing tokens
and also too often disturbed by etherdelta thieves. to my knowledge it may have to be even better for security.
Pages:
Jump to: