Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum, MaidSafe, NXT, anything else worth investing in, in 2014? - page 2. (Read 5886 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
can someone recommend an ipo that is still ongoing so we can still buy in now?

If you're just looking for profit, I think eMunie will produce a decent ROI. Very little interest considering what it offers but also due to people losing interest because of so many delays.
So if I have to sum it up looks like Ethereum, NXT and MaidSafe are the 3 (potentially) hot things one can invest in 2014 if he wants to be in the position that bitcoin early adopters were in 2009?

Your thoughts?

I also think there will be a wealth transfer from litecoin to peercoin over the next 8 months

why?

This is just my opinion and I'm sure many will have their own.

I think litecoins high standing importance in the cryptoworld is coming to an end. The only benefit is currently ASIC resistant mining and 2.5 minute block times. I can't see that as being enough to stay ahead of Bitcoin 2.0 coins or the more immediate threat,  peercoin. I think POS is the consensus of the future and POW is only great for distribution.

Peercoin has the community and attributes to replace litecoin as number 2 marketcap. With peershares coming along and a larger peerunity, it's only a matter of time.
Activity: 862
Merit: 100
Seems like eMunie isn't getting more attention than it should but that's reasonable for now since the source code isn't out yet.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
So if I have to sum it up looks like Ethereum, NXT and MaidSafe are the 3 (potentially) hot things one can invest in 2014 if he wants to be in the position that bitcoin early adopters were in 2009?

Your thoughts?

Nxt is a big one.
Ethereum  is looking to revolutionize decentralised platforms.
eMunie has so very much potential and is doing something very unique and is progressing very fast.
Skycoin definitely the underrated project of the year. Includes a darknet, meshnet and obelisk blockchain. More secure than bitcoin and much much faster.
I also think there will be a wealth transfer from litecoin to peercoin over the next 8 months
Not sure why maidsafe is getting so much attention...

Thanks for pointing me to Skycoin, reading up on it and it looks very promising.

skycoin? really? Buying in a 1% IPO, and devs keep 99%?
Don´t look promising to me.

I just started reading up on it; initial posts I saw said nothing about an IPO.. perhaps they added that later >:[ which makes it a lot less attractive

Your thoughts?

Nxt is a big one.
eMunie has so very much potential and is doing something very unique and is progressing very fast.
Skycoin definitely the underrated project of the year. Includes a darknet, meshnet and obelisk blockchain. More secure than bitcoin and much much faster.

Thanks for pointing me to Skycoin, reading up on it and it looks very promising.

To me profit != promising.
Innovation and demand = promising.
Devs are keeping 99% to continue to distribute over the years. I'm not entirely happy with this but they said they might have 3 IPOs  but also bounties for implementing the meshnet for incentive and get away from pump and dump history of coins.
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
I'm biased but Storj is going to be opening up a crowdsale soon. You can read up on the general platform here. We are also collaborating with MaidSafe, but we are also build cool front end systems.

Best of all no vaporwear! Here is a screenshot of web node that we plan on releasing soon:

We found out some really cool things to do with the blockchain other than currency. I suggest you take a look at our whitepaper but we will be releasing more detailed information soon.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
can someone recommend an ipo that is still ongoing so we can still buy in now?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
On a tangential note, is Dogecoin done?

Too early to tell.

Dogecoin is one of the biggest thing that has happened this year to bring new people into cryptocurrency.
That momentum can still carry them further as their community remains huge.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!

Your thoughts?

Nxt is a big one.

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

Your thoughts?

why?
Activity: 52

Your thoughts?

Nxt is a big one.

Your thoughts?

Nxt is a big one.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
exocoin, qora, emunie ethereum

I am not convinced of emunie anymore. I think this thing will be a flop, if they ever get it out. But I am still watching.
Activity: 882
Merit: 302

- Niche target demographic (Pedophiles and Tin Foil types who want anonymous internet.  Good luck convincing ordinary people to use this platform).

So, everyone that appreciates his privacy is pedophile or tin foil type according to your logic?
I believe you just crossed off  the whole forum as pedophiles. Well played Smiley
I must say I have been impressed with the talk I heard on http://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/ltb-e103-seek-and-find?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=mshare&utm_medium=email&utm_content=http://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/ltb-e103-seek-and-find
about Maidsafe. He had me convinced of the project until he started talking at around 19:20  about how hungry children could be saved, at which point I thought "Really? why bring that up.. " a bit suspicious.

I was ready to buy some Maidsafecoin trough Mastercoin, but I'm trying to read up on this IPO.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
Even if Maidsafe had a perfect IPO then what?  

Here are the issues

- Open Source (in before the clones)
- Nothing proprietary (ignoring the above, the concept isn't proprietary and others are working on doing the samething)
- Niche target demographic (Pedophiles and Tin Foil types who want anonymous internet.  Good luck convincing ordinary people to use this platform).
- Been in development for 8+ years.

Really the IPO was this:  a small very small company which was making almost no profit (probably had liabilities up to the sky) jumped on the digital currency phase and just walked away with $8+ million (some of it embezzled from MtGox).  I'ld say their IPO was a tremendous success if their true intention was to make quick bucks off dumb capital.

Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Zerocash (anonymous) and Monero / Bytecoin (true and automatic privacy).

NXT and MaidSafe are not worth investing in. Ethereum is promising.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
Insane probably being the most appropriate word used in connection with that IPO.

reposted from:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6406384

Going back to the legal aspects: i wouldn't worry about the NSA too much. If they want access, they'll get it. Probably already have, given the age of the project.
And providing that you aren't tagged as a "terrorist" by the US gov, it shouldn't be a problem for the average user or Maidsafe itself

I'd be more worried about Sony, tbh. Every dropbox system ever created has been used by the warez scene (remember the Yahoo Briefcase, godabuzz fans?) and an encrypted, decentralised, anonymous storage system certainly offers possiblities for the illegal sharing of copyright content.
If Sony (or any other big music/software/movie company) felt that MS was stepping on their toes in any way, the central core of the MS project will be an easy legal target, and Sony has resources that make the $12 million (?) from the IPO look like coffee money.
The same problem also arises with law enforcement /police agencies: individual users may well be able to remain relatively anonymous, but the public head of the MS project is always going to be an easy target.

Any MS guys with ideas about this ?
I am currently seen as the public head (not for long if I succeed). We have just spread this across the planet. It is all open, all owned by everyone and will be very difficult to stop. So now there is no public head, no company at the centre, this is decentralisation of the whole system. In terms of being infiltrated etc. if you knew anything at all about me (I am not being cheeky here) then you would know this was impossible for me to allow. If I quit all of a sudden then worry, I never and the code is our there. Many eyes are being trained on this now, many devs are to receive training from us and others to develop the core.

I am not money driven, so a hard target, no amount of cash could buy me off when I can see the face of some child who would be disadvantaged by not doing this. We are single entities us humans and part of a species. It is our individual duty to protect and further the species. If you can remove greed from your person you are already protected beyond belief. If the target becomes more than money, then that's the risk we take. I choose to accept that risk gladly.

My well being is irrelevant to the world when all is taken into account. The opportunity for a free privacy enhancing and secure mechanism of information transfer and protection is way more important than any single person or team. Knowing this, absolutely and with 100% conviction makes you a very difficult adversary for those who would choose to stop freedom. I believe this stance is an easy one for people to follow and adopt, the greed stance is so last century, more of us can count now, more of us are educated and more of us are building project SAFE each day.

I doubt there will be any backdoors, there may be attacks, we seen all the mt gox lies and deceit already spewed about , that only works with weak minds, I do not believe society is made up of weak minds. We can see now our eyes are opening and the path ahead should be clear. Lets take our Internet back for a start, a very small start, but a start never the less. We are taking these steps now, everyone is welcome to join, we can be legions for change and we all know this is an inevitability, no need to wonder. We will take back our freedom and dignity.

Backdoor that :-)

Pages:
Jump to: