Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum price killing a lot of new ICO tokens - page 3. (Read 583 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
I think it's the other way around. New ICO projects kill the Ethereum and the Ethereum are not them. They're pumping money out of him in large amounts.
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
Series of tokens have been developed and some are still in the ICO. Those that have been completed and listed on exchange are really suffering a big blow in term of loss of value in the exchanges. The new ones are scared of being listed on exchange at the moment because of the market situations at the moment and the effects it could possibly have on their tokens' value.

Oh, yes, that is a really big issue. Those projects who gathered funds in ETH are in big trouble if they did not fix it. Many could just go nowhere, as they will not have enough funds for declared things in the roadmap and that is a big issue. Weak projects will die shortly if they did not have a good financial planning.
On the good side, the projects will learn how not to spend money on not effective marketing, which some really do and they will be more accurate with the funds. Secondly, many projects been greedy by not fixing to fiat, as they thought ETH will raise and thus they will have more funds. Meaning they speculated on the contributors' money, that is quite a lesson for everyone.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
You are mixing things with each other, yes Ethereum had a great impact on a lot of ICOs, but those are the one that was running early this year and this happened because the decline in their capital due to Ethereum price falling, basically the one who raised 10 million dollars ended up with just 3-2 million in hands.

But the effect you are seeing now on ICOs that is falling to even reach their soft cap and the projects that are succeeded to reach their goal but are afraid to get listed on exchanges is not caused by Ethereum alone, but it is caused by the whole market stat. In fact, make a deposit to buy a Token that is worth $1 today will cost you the same amount of money that cost you 10 month ago.
Activity: 616
Merit: 1
On the contrary, I'd say that new ICOs are killing Ethereum. Take for instance the amount of ETH being dumped by different ICOs in order to recoup their raised funds, it has a larger impact on Ethereum than ethereum has in ICOs.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
This has nothing to do with Ethereum price. Try thesame thing on Ethereum alternatives nothing really will change. The prices of  Cryptocurrencies generally are on the decrease.

The tokens are probably not valuable to the holders? Developers need to create stuff worth holding. Or token distributors should find ways of rewarding those who would value/hold their tokens.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
The decline in ICOs is mainly due to the quality and applicability of ICOs projects. The prices of most altcoin and tokens are decreasing! but still very suitable for long term investment.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
You are absolutely right and almost all projects speak about this. If the project goes to such a falling market on the stock exchange, then it is worth waiting for the fall in value in a matter of days. Here's a look at the coinmarketcap and there almost all the added coins are worthless. There will be real happiness if you find at least one project in which the token is worth 1 dollar or more. We are looking forward to solving etf and possibly another growth of coins as last year although it is not certain.
Activity: 456
Merit: 15
Series of tokens have been developed and some are still in the ICO. Those that have been completed and listed on exchange are really suffering a big blow in term of loss of value in the exchanges. The new ones are scared of being listed on exchange at the moment because of the market situations at the moment and the effects it could possibly have on their tokens' value.
These problems are inevitable. In fact, Ethereum itself is also a victim. False ICO has caused ICO's reputation to suffer. This caused everyone to panic and the fraudster deceived ETH to escape. The price of ETH will fall so badly, which also affects the team that really wants to do things.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1
Base.protocol
Its quiet a sorry sight what us happening to Ethereum. The way individuals cycle it does not  give it the value as expected. Individuals always sell off their ICO token to ethereum and dump.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 295
The lower the ETH price, then you can ensure that the ICO tokens that will be listed on the market will not have a high value even many tokens with a value of under $ 0.1 and all that is very far from the ICO price they offer. I don't understand whether this condition will continue to survive on Crypto or all this is only temporary like last year.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
You may have some misunderstandings. The value of ETH is provided by ICO. When there is a project demand, its value can grow! Although the price of ETH is falling, it does not affect ICO!

it actually works both ways.
meaning when ICOs are all crap and useless they lose value over time as they get dumped with time. and that brings ETH price down with it as it  is now losing demand.
similarly when ETH is losing value people are also leaving ICO tokens behind and many of them are also panic selling specially the ICO devs who had lots of funds to dump so it brings the price of both of them down.
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
yes, ethereum prices do kill many new tokens, especially tokens that use ERC20 smartcontracts, their token prices will surely follow ethereum's price, and now the price will definitely fall due to falling ethereum prices
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
You may have some misunderstandings. The value of ETH is provided by ICO. When there is a project demand, its value can grow! Although the price of ETH is falling, it does not affect ICO!
Activity: 643
Merit: 253
You are right, many ICO developers are very afraid to immediately list their tokens because before they just list, they have lost because Ethereum prices continue to fall, if they register, then 100% of their tokens will soon be impacted by investors, because investors certainly will immediately sell their assets on a large scale to prevent more severe losses
Activity: 308
Merit: 5
I think this is not related with ETH specifically this is problem of the stagnation at the crypto market as a whole.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
I do not understand those companies who want to keep in their tokens without listing on the stock exchange. They that wait for better times? I can say that this fall will be delayed for several years, and there is no time better than now.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265

We the token holders are in the deepest feeling now because if theres whos more affected on this kind of burden that would be us.my last check in my folio all my tokens drops about more than 80% and thats hurting me because when i bought them i have a trust in their potentials but now i am partly doubting its capacity to recover

These ICOs that were started recently really unlucky. Majority of people sit and keep their money and do not wan to invest.

Not only those whos started recently but even the ico thats been in here for quite sometimes all of them are affected and not are suffering from a huge losses that driving some to desperation
Activity: 114
Merit: 0
This is the wrong view. Although the price of Ethereum is very high when you invest, the new coins are still losing money. But I think a good coin should be long-term, you can't just see short-term.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
These ICOs that were started recently really unlucky. Majority of people sit and keep their money and do not wan to invest.
Activity: 197
Merit: 15
They are connected and this fact could be predicted. ETH is very weak now and it makes the whole situation on the cryptocurrency market not os bright because of ETH's effect on others.
Pages:
Jump to: