Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum will overtake Bitcoin - page 62. (Read 10568 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
February 19, 2018, 05:19:33 PM
Why do you think so? Is there any official forecast?
Activity: 126
February 19, 2018, 04:57:37 PM
I'm not sure that this event will happen this year. There must also be a lot of work on the platform of the ethereum. Maybe the ether will take the first place, but not for long. Bitcoin does not need to develop. everybody understands that this is a tool for long-term investments. When the ethereum decides all its problems, then maybe he will catch up with bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
February 19, 2018, 12:43:29 PM
I believe Bitcoin will stay the same N1 in crypto.Etherium has a few strong competitors such as Neo,Eos and in the near future-Tezos,so I expect a great battle among all of them in 2018-19.The winner will take the most part of ICO market.
Activity: 308
February 18, 2018, 10:29:44 AM
I do not even know. I have dozens of transactions per day on bays, and transits are excellent. Ether is controlled, also with low bandwidth.
Activity: 322
February 18, 2018, 07:52:20 AM
I think ETHEREUM will not overlook the BITCOIN because BTC is the leader in all cryptocurrency world. ETH is simply used to donate or gas at ETHERDELTA when you go out token or coin
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
February 18, 2018, 07:45:24 AM
Could be, why not if Vitalik is working hard in that project, and so many projects are running on Ethereum protocol. But it's hard to beat Bitcoin as it more popular and it's first on the blockchain.
Bitcoin is popular than Ethereum, released earlier than Ethereum - the first cryptocurrency successful project. But the fact, the Bitcoin technology isn't better than Ethereum, if Bitcoin can't update to Lightning Network, it will be the loser. Tether has used Ethereum (ERC token) to continue create more coins. Wink
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
February 17, 2018, 02:24:23 PM
That's true. If the underlying technology is better, no matter what it's worth at exchange platforms are right now. It is already worth alot in terms of contribution to the society. Whichever technology has more real time real life use, that will stay here longer and the prices will ultimately go up based on this fact.
Activity: 52
February 17, 2018, 01:54:16 PM
In the next year ETH will overtake BTC as the number 1 cryptocurrency.  I would unload your bitcoin while you still can.

From a technical perspective, ethereum is superior to bitcoin: smart contracts, good scaling perspective, possibility of DAOs and so on. But a currency is a matter of trust. Dollars bills are just pieces of paper. Gold is just an inert metal. Bitcoins are just numbers in a computer. It is the trust that build their value.Currently, the trust in ethereum is lower than the trust in bitcoin , For the future, I will guess that ethereum will be the number 2 cryptocurrency for a long time. But on the long term, it will get closer and closer from bitcoin in terms of market capitalization. Of course, I am not an expert, and it is pure speculation.
Activity: 5
February 17, 2018, 01:43:30 PM
Yes we too believe that, ethereum smart contracts have far more real life applications which is easier to implement and at lower cost. So no doubt about Ethereum overtaking bitcoin. Just that they should do something about their half backed Mist Application which has a never ending synching issue. As the block size increases, for a common developer with a normal computer configuration it would be impossible to sync the whole node.

Visit https://tuteit.io/ for our brand new Pre ICO Sale that would revolutionize the educational industry with the help application written using ethereum blockchain platform
Activity: 140
February 17, 2018, 01:37:46 PM
I think that this will not happen ... Bitcoin remains one of the main coins on the market. Ethereum will not be able to outrun bitcoin. But Etherium is a promising coin, which will also grow.
Activity: 630
Merit: 123
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 17, 2018, 12:47:46 PM
Could be, why not if Vitalik is working hard in that project, and so many projects are running on Ethereum protocol. But it's hard to beat Bitcoin as it more popular and it's first on the blockchain.
Activity: 210
February 17, 2018, 12:47:42 PM
 Eth is faster than Bitcoin and it has highest volume after BTC. I think we will soon see their clash unless coming lightning to BTC
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
February 17, 2018, 12:42:42 PM
Ethereum will overtake Bitcoin? Well, I'm not really convinced about it that Ethereum has the capability to replace Bitcoin in its current position as the King of the Cryptocurrency because recently Ethereum was been replaced by ripple so it really means that Ethereum don't have a full grip in its current second place position in the crypto world. If it can't keep up in its second position so the more it can't go up in the first place where Bitcoin stands.
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
February 15, 2018, 04:42:08 PM
i think ethereum has what it takes to overtake bitcoin but as a personal point view i think not now because btc is still will have a big round and will reach epidemic prices in the positive prices.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI
February 15, 2018, 04:38:27 PM
I think it's possible. Capitalization Ethereum has a smaller gap with a capitalization of bitcoin. I think Ethereum will be able to take the first place in terms of capitalization in 2018.
Activity: 178
Merit: 1
February 15, 2018, 04:31:26 PM
In fact, it's hard to say for the time being either. At the moment I think that most likely yes, but a little later.
Activity: 406
Merit: 131
February 15, 2018, 04:24:56 PM
Both coins are good and should not overtake each other. I believe both should remain strong. Ethereum is good for payment system we can handle single transactions and make our own ledger to check and maintain , on other hand bitcoin is good for bulk distribution. So for me, both are good and both are having their own qualities... But Eth little better (=
Activity: 165
February 15, 2018, 10:39:01 AM
Alright, I wouldn't outright say that Ethereum will take the number one spot but I do think that a flippening could happen as Ethereum has some great projects coming up and day by day is gaining much more attention. I wouldn't take your advice and dumb all your bitcoin for Ethereum though, that's ridiculous to be honest, even if Bitcoin does go to number 2 the price won't go to 0.

Virtued
Activity: 28
February 15, 2018, 07:38:54 AM
I guess never, Ethereum is no doubt the shining Crypto of this era, but keeping in mind, Bitcoin is the Father of every Cryptocurrency. Ethereum can never match its prices or ever go up like Bitcoin because of its infinite supply. It took a long time for Bitcoin to come up to this position and I am dead sure, no one can replace it at least for next 5 years, unless and until something like Bitcoin comes up. Ethereum has its own special features, but the problem of clogging remains, which creates problem while transaction.
Activity: 168
February 13, 2018, 07:53:09 PM
I do think one day we will see this, but I imagine it will be quite far in the future. Bitcoin still is the name for cryptocurrencies to the general public. I think it will take years for Ethereum to change this.
Pages:
Jump to: