Pages:
Author

Topic: ethOS - Ethereum Mining Platform - page 10. (Read 94454 times)

Activity: 239
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 03:20:48 PM
Guys I have a problem with ethos 1.27. I'm trying to mine on RX 580 and GTX 1050ti in one rig, and ethOS detects them both while booting, but when it loads in only detects RX 580 GPU. But when i start claymore it mines on both cards. The problem is that ethOS does not detect  1050ti so i I cannot overclock it. Any ideas what should i do?

RTFM

Ethos never supported mixed Nvidia and AMD in single system.
Split you rig or use different OS.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
January 28, 2018, 05:51:02 PM
Guys I have a problem with ethos 1.27. I'm trying to mine on RX 580 and GTX 1050ti in one rig, and ethOS detects them both while booting, but when it loads in only detects RX 580 GPU. But when i start claymore it mines on both cards. The problem is that ethOS does not detect  1050ti so i I cannot overclock it. Any ideas what should i do?
Activity: 60
January 28, 2018, 09:42:49 AM
look in the flags file

Thank you. I also find it in the ethOS 1.2.9 changelog now:
- Removed all claymore stubs, claymore confs moved to ethOS conf with flags option (now remote.conf is possible with claymore).

This makes it even more easier to control.
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
January 28, 2018, 08:11:04 AM
Any idea how to update teamviewer via Ethos? Preferably without removing and installing it again from scratch
Activity: 239
January 28, 2018, 07:20:00 AM
I am currently using Smos with my nvidia Rigs ,i wonder is there a trial time  for the ethos just like the smos?

No, there is no trial period. You have to buy the OS else you are violating licensing policy. Beware of "free torrent downloads". Scums where reported.
Activity: 434
Merit: 52
January 28, 2018, 06:31:05 AM
I am currently using Smos with my nvidia Rigs ,i wonder is there a trial time  for the ethos just like the smos?

You can use it free, you just have to register and pay if you want to use some of the features, like remote monitoring. Grab it here and try it out:

EDIT: nevermind, that link requires a code. But you can get it elsewhere, google around.
Activity: 77
January 28, 2018, 04:39:11 AM
I am currently using Smos with my nvidia Rigs ,i wonder is there a trial time  for the ethos just like the smos?
Activity: 106
January 28, 2018, 02:37:15 AM
Hi!

Is anyone using KlausT version of ccminer under EthOS? The hashrate is far superior under Windows. I have 1210 compared to 900 for Neoscrypt.

Please advise.

Thanks!

I'm also hoping to hear some feedback on the linux version. Is it even useful? The last commit for the Linux codebase was Nov 4, 2014, while the Windows version was updated 6 hours ago, and all the positive feedback from a few cursory searches seems to be for the Windows version.

It seems like if the linux driver had value it would be in wider use by now, and already incorporated into EthOS if it was going to happen?

But maybe we just need to be the gravel underfoot to give the linux version more traction? I'd really like to know why it hasn't taken off and I plan to look into this more.

Obviously this doesn't help you with the Linux version, but I am using the KlausT v8.19 x64 cuda9.1 in Windows 8.1 and it's a real advantage for neoscrypt hash rates. I have used the Alexis78 version which hasn't been updated in a long time - it produces good hash rates but I find it unreliable and unstable. The latest KlausT CCMiner (for Windows at least) is stable and reliable. I can run it for days without problems.

I have 4 x 1060 6GB, 4 x 1070 and 2 x 1080. I am running pretty much all of them at powerlimit 75%, core +100 and memory +300 and I'm getting 8-12 mh/s neoscrypt mining to Nicehash (the two rigs locally show approx 9.6mh/s but Nicehash is measuring fluctuating hash-rates between 8-12mh/s), using approximately 1400 watts.

If I plug my stats into whattomine.com it recommends mining equihash (if I just consider the nicehash options) but after some experiments and watching the payment rates, I am clearly better off using KlausT to mine neoscrypt.

I do have 2 licenses for EthOS but currently given that there are just so many more options under Windows for Nvidia GPUs (and it's not worth mining ETH anymore) I am begrudgingly using Windows.

Thank you for the feedback, if only for some ironic pressure to get me to begrudgingly try the Windows version, at least for the experience Smiley.

May I ask why you think ETH "isn't worth mining" though? I'd rather not "profit-hunt" day to day (or even week to week) and think ETH is ok as a set-it and forget-it mining choice. Not wise? EthOS has been phenomenally stable for me for ETH generation (snd my rig is too remote to tend to daily), and is that worth disturbing for something marginally better? I'm open to being convinced. I'm also currently paying next to nothing for electricity.
Activity: 2
January 27, 2018, 02:22:07 PM
Thanks, this solved my problem, by changing to Gen 2 pcie~ cheers !!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1068
January 27, 2018, 01:28:37 PM
Ethos may be made for eth mining in the beginning but right now with all this different miner you can mine anything.

ccminer is have most supported algorithms . Hash rates are the same with windows or linux version. All depends how you configured.

Wink Ethos is very stable. Because it is built in linux. You can also auto tune your gpus which you do not have it on windows.

Check

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ethos-auto-tuning-gpus-core-gpus-memory-and-gpus-power-tuning-2831674
https://github.com/yarustr/autotuning

On ethos overclock settings are way more easy then windows

i will try this miner asap with your script. well done. looks great.
Activity: 5
Merit: 2
January 27, 2018, 12:48:24 PM
Ethos may be made for eth mining in the beginning but right now with all this different miner you can mine anything.

ccminer is have most supported algorithms . Hash rates are the same with windows or linux version. All depends how you configured.

Wink Ethos is very stable. Because it is built in linux. You can also auto tune your gpus which you do not have it on windows.

Check

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ethos-auto-tuning-gpus-core-gpus-memory-and-gpus-power-tuning-2831674
https://github.com/yarustr/autotuning

On ethos overclock settings are way more easy then windows
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
January 27, 2018, 10:51:29 AM
Hi!

Is anyone using KlausT version of ccminer under EthOS? The hashrate is far superior under Windows. I have 1210 compared to 900 for Neoscrypt.

Please advise.

Thanks!

I'm also hoping to hear some feedback on the linux version. Is it even useful? The last commit for the Linux codebase was Nov 4, 2014, while the Windows version was updated 6 hours ago, and all the positive feedback from a few cursory searches seems to be for the Windows version.

It seems like if the linux driver had value it would be in wider use by now, and already incorporated into EthOS if it was going to happen?

But maybe we just need to be the gravel underfoot to give the linux version more traction? I'd really like to know why it hasn't taken off and I plan to look into this more.

Obviously this doesn't help you with the Linux version, but I am using the KlausT v8.19 x64 cuda9.1 in Windows 8.1 and it's a real advantage for neoscrypt hash rates. I have used the Alexis78 version which hasn't been updated in a long time - it produces good hash rates but I find it unreliable and unstable. The latest KlausT CCMiner (for Windows at least) is stable and reliable. I can run it for days without problems.

I have 4 x 1060 6GB, 4 x 1070 and 2 x 1080. I am running pretty much all of them at powerlimit 75%, core +100 and memory +300 and I'm getting 8-12 mh/s neoscrypt mining to Nicehash (the two rigs locally show approx 9.6mh/s but Nicehash is measuring fluctuating hash-rates between 8-12mh/s), using approximately 1400 watts.

If I plug my stats into whattomine.com it recommends mining equihash (if I just consider the nicehash options) but after some experiments and watching the payment rates, I am clearly better off using KlausT to mine neoscrypt.

I do have 2 licenses for EthOS but currently given that there are just so many more options under Windows for Nvidia GPUs (and it's not worth mining ETH anymore) I am begrudgingly using Windows.
Activity: 49
January 27, 2018, 10:48:05 AM
Just want to get this out there - I've purchased 6x licenses so far, and have used them to monitor rigs. 99% of the time, when I don't change anything, the software is awesome. But when I go in and change something as simple as a wallet address in the remote config, things go haywire. I live an hour from where my rigs sit and I had to drive out and spend five hours figuring out why ethermine started rejecting all shares. It's definitely a love-hate relationship.
Activity: 42
January 27, 2018, 10:28:54 AM
Any possibility to set on RX 5xx custom core/mem voltage ?
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
January 27, 2018, 02:26:17 AM
look in the flags file
Activity: 60
January 23, 2018, 01:53:57 PM
Where can I found the former claymore.stub.conf file?

I used: find . -name "*.stub.conf" to search but I can only find sgminer.
Activity: 106
January 16, 2018, 01:30:59 AM
Hi!

Please advise.

Thanks!

Activity: 1
January 10, 2018, 06:10:45 PM
I would love this too.
I tried to compile and install this driver directly from AMD, but got some missing dependency crap and gave up.
Activity: 434
Merit: 52
January 06, 2018, 11:30:41 PM
Hi!

I'm using ethOs with ethminer and card is GTX 970 4G. Ethminer shows hashrate 10.3-10.3-10.3-15.7-10.3.-10.3-10.3-15.7 Mh/s. Why every fourth is bigger? Could I do something so that I would get 15.7 Mh/s all the time?

I've found most often that those types of variables are usually due to either the miner (see if you have the same result using Claymore) or the underclocking/memory settings. Try setting all to default (# out any memory or powertune/core settings) and rebooting, if it's still the same change the miner to Claymore (globalminer claymore) and reboot. If it's still the same, check your risers and PSU and make sure you are providing enough power. It's also possible that you just randomly have it set up so every 4th card happens to just be better (better memory or clock speed). You can mess with the settings for each individual card to drive up hashrates once you are sure everything is stable.
Activity: 24
January 04, 2018, 04:15:49 PM
Hi!

Please advise.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: