Author

Topic: EUROPECOIN [ERC] 🌟 FINANCECLOUD 🌟 CRYPTOCURRENY & FINANCE API + SMARTHUB 🌟 - page 155. (Read 543135 times)

Activity: 273
Merit: 250
Just installed the latest version.

Working worked smooth!

After an hour or so, i got disconnected from the network.

It mined, but the blocks where unaccepted.

Just to be curious, what's changed/prepared in this new release ?

Jerrry

The workaround (hardcoded blocks) have been coded till block 1 000 000, thats where we are, now you are running
on a modified PPos engine with an output quite similar to the former engine, but prepared and testeed to run with 5 min blocktime.
Next upgrade will be Blocktime and then the full switch (or both at once,  Chris will decide) what you experienced, was the stop of the workaround,
until enough nodes catch up the new engine. Old engines stop and are preventing hardforks by doing so.

doing an extented transition (Engine, Core, Algorithm, Staking2Hodl, Blocktime)
like this, without a coinswap, is some kind of masterpiece.
If we succeed, we will have prooven, to be able to adapt to ANY possible situation

have fun
Matthias  Smiley

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your explanation.

Exiting times again!  Hopefully with lesser bumpy road, but as you mentioned, when you succeed, you can handle anything!.

Good luck with the next exciting steps!

The wallet is running fine.  Grin

But....
After running a few hours, still all staking is rejected  Angry.
But i assume i have to leave it on for a few days before the staking will work again.

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012
Europecoin Financecloud API

Working worked smooth!

Jerrry

The workaround (hardcoded blocks) have been coded till block 1 000 000, thats where we are, now you are running
on a modified PPos engine with an output quite similar to the former engine, but prepared and testeed to run with 5 min blocktime.
Next upgrade will be Blocktime and then the full switch (or both at once,  Chris will decide) what you experienced, was the stop of the workaround,
until enough nodes catch up the new engine. Old engines stop and are preventing hardforks by doing so.

doing an extented transition (Engine, Core, Algorithm, Staking2Hodl, Blocktime)
like this, without a coinswap, is some kind of masterpiece.
If we succeed, we will have prooven, to be able to adapt to ANY possible situation

have fun
Matthias  Smiley

Activity: 374
WoW! nothnin, nothing then everything at once! Wink  

Im not at all read up on hodl? and how that works so with that said i think a change can be good (in some direction) back to pow? again would need some more information on how this would be managed before i say yes or no.. leaning a bit against it now thou, as long as the current coin coint in total dont change and there still well be room for the ones that invested in the coins on the old specs (total coins, pos, and so on) and they still can  be accounted for maybe it s a good idea?  

Waiting for more info on how to  and something to read up on first. ( new wallet version, with struggle is a thing we dont need again thou. )
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
Activity: 273

Working worked smooth!

Jerrry

legendary
I admire your work szenekonzept Smiley

thank you so much kalenen,

Fresh motivated we go:

Its one of a series, of releases, that are ensuring a smooth transition, to our new major release.

Please everybody upgrade!

get the windows noinstall version here:

DOWNLOAD EUROPECOIN 2.03 WINDOWS NOINSTALL

GITHUB IS UP TO DATE

have fun
Matthias  Grin

Activity: 404
Beware
I admire your work szenekonzept Smiley
legendary

But on the other hand he will have TWO possibilities to achieve the goal:

1) mining and supporting the network
2)  saving and limiting the supply for a certain time

thats not true

u dont have two possibilities to achieve
u have to use both or u fall behind in conserve the percentage of total coins

im not against hybrid POW/POS solutions (how i could by run DMD is one of the best example it works out great)
but for the hybrid security aspect u can even go with low mining coin rollout

i dont wana create ur coin specs enough work to manage one coin

i just raise this points so u can create coin specs and have that aspects also in mind when u doing so

Sounds reasonable, i can't say how we are taking that into account,
but you made me think from a different perspective.
I hope we are managing to model the specs in a way that will make everyone happy.
More thoughts are welcome. NOW is the time to raise concerns and to post ideas.

have fun
Matthias
  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

2)  saving and limiting the supply for a certain time

thats not true

u dont have two possibilities to achieve
u have to use both or u fall behind in conserve the percentage of total coins

im not against hybrid POW/POS solutions (how i could by run DMD is one of the best example it works out great)
but for the hybrid security aspect u can even go with low mining coin rollout

i dont wana create ur coin specs enough work to manage one coin

i just raise this points so u can create coin specs and have that aspects also in mind when u doing so
legendary
that are major changes in coin rolloutplan....
be very sensitive with that

adapt technology to have a better technology reach same coinrollout  effect is one thing

but change coinrollout at all total coins coin rollout speed become mineable agains instead of POS as only coin rollout source

that sounds to me like overkill

get the better technology but try to touch the basic coin specs regarding aimed total coins and coin rollout speed as less as possible

because that where the values investors based their decision on when they did chose ERC

noone want the ruleset of his investment changed to be different than what made him invest

best would be u make it visible for us how the new rulesets will create similar results

i am for example not keen to be forced to mine to keep my share of total coins

Yes i can see your point, we will modify the specs to make a similar outcome (or better) fpr our investors,
i will get mor specific in numbers when we are done with our tests.

The only difference should be the investore will do something different then staking.

2)  saving and limiting the supply for a certain time

if we achive that by a saving rate of max 8% and a slow mining reward,
that is attractiv to single users, but not attractive enough for multipools,
would you be able to argee on that?

Raeson for my decission:
1) If you watch currend POS coins, they are all running on an ridiculous old core, the is rarely any progress.
With the new solution we could work with bitcoin core engines and take advatage of their currend  developments.
2) miners are creating rumors and we need some more public discussions talking about us, POS is mostly quitely staking people, that
do not talk that much.  So i searched for a solution that could make both of them happy. I am sure stakers will lover the saving concept.

and yes, i agree with  rollout speed and total coins should stay the same

tell me what you think
Matthias
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!

adapt technology to have a better technology reach same coinrollout  effect is one thing

but change coinrollout at all total coins coin rollout speed become mineable agains instead of POS as only coin rollout source

get the better technology but try to touch the basic coin specs regarding aimed total coins and coin rollout speed as less as possible

because that where the values investors based their decision on when they did chose ERC

noone want the ruleset of his investment changed to be different than what made him invest

best would be u make it visible for us how the new rulesets will create similar results

Thanks for your always welcome input!
But asic mining with a very little miningreward wouldnt damage your shares, no? Imagine, how you could change ur shares in the positive way, if you lock your coins over HODL-system. I think, its a fair consense between new mined coins and the coinrewards over HODL.

Greetz
Steve
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

adapt technology to have a better technology reach same coinrollout  effect is one thing

legendary
I liked the concept of Hodl (Lock up coins  - the longer you lock them the higher the bonus POS).
However, the verdict is still out on it. When the lockup periods expire, large amounts may flood the market.
However, the Hodl team says the expiration of the lockup periods are staggered and some may re-lock.
They feel it is not a problem. Only time will tell. If there are reeall live usages for the coins the Hodl
developers could be right. The biggest problem I see with Hodl is the POS Bonus %'s are really high.
A more moderate POS table might work.

exactly i totally agree with your view.
We will make the rewards like "POS plus Bonus" to keep it low and we will also implement
Bitbreack. That makes us secure in  both directions: On high demand and on low demand.

HINT:
Bitbreak jumps on if not enough miners are on to keep the chain moving. I that case all
wallets are beginnig to mine a tiny bit and keep the chain going. It is unstoppable then.

AH i forgot to mention: Europecoin then will be minable again WITH  YOUR LAPTOP!!!
H0DL is a very asic proof algorythm, HODL-COIN has been mainly solo mined.

That will be fun
Matthias  Grin

legendary
I liked the concept of Hodl (Lock up coins  - the longer you lock them the higher the bonus POS).
However, the verdict is still out on it. When the lockup periods expire, large amounts may flood the market.
However, the Hodl team says the expiration of the lockup periods are staggered and some may re-lock.
They feel it is not a problem. Only time will tell. If there are reeall live usages for the coins the Hodl
developers could be right. The biggest problem I see with Hodl is the POS Bonus %'s are really high.
A more moderate POS table might work.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348
we will NOT make a coinswap we will ride this chain in one go through all these changes

I try it, i hope it works^^
legendary

LOL no simpler then that> For all those  pictures i needed 1-2 hours and more each. Right now all my projects *(and especially Europecoin)
are running hot and i simply can't spend the time on fun like that and have to focus on the real fun ;-)
But there will be picture from time to time, i promiuse

What at stake now?

I walk through some points from our Raodmap, that changed

1) The friend of mine with the local-bitcoins-like exchange doesn't step forward, therefore i decided to do it (guesswhat) myself.
domain is already there named "localcrypto.eu.org"

2) telefonica did cancel the appointment (in fact they "can't remember" it)
so i searched and found another way to get phones connected, thats what i am doing right now, stay tuned

3) Europecoin will get a new blocktime of 5 minutes to stop the chain from getting unproportional big

4) after the blocktime update we will replace the whole core (wich is BITCOIN 0.79(!!) and we will get the newest one)

5)  we are also thinking about replacing POS with H0DL witch is a kind of Ram-Mining concept. It is much better,
its the concepot published by hodlcoin so go out and try this coin and tell me what you think

the remarkable: we will NOT make a coinswap we will ride this chain in one go through all these changes

thats it 4now
have fun
Matthias
 Grin

legendary
So quiet here last couple of days..

ye, i second that. And no fun pics either? Wink the calm before the storm? Cheesy

I am thinking Matt is still recovering from his 100 pages celebration.

Activity: 374

ye, i second that. And no fun pics either? Wink the calm before the storm? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348
Jump to: