Author

Topic: EUROPECOIN [ERC] 🌟 FINANCECLOUD 🌟 CRYPTOCURRENY & FINANCE API + SMARTHUB 🌟 - page 160. (Read 543135 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012
Europecoin Financecloud API

New thread is made for Federated Blockchains Initiative

PRESS TO VISIT

though its an Europecoin project, i think, if the discussion around F.B.I. may get more intensive,
two threads are better, to unclutter the topics.
Also discussing all Europecoin project branches in one thread, could be confusing for new users.

I have added some additional informations about the "getting started roadmap",
memberships and some words about funding to the new thread

have fun
Matthias  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
keep ur eyes on ERC

once a project leave the birth troubles stage

in cryptospace the time they need to start  fly is low

Activity: 273
Merit: 250
Hi Matthias,

I've downloaded and read the federatedblockchains draft.

I think it's a good move to get a broader awareness and
 better and solid services base of crypto currencies in common and europecoin specific.

The understanding and knowlegde of cryptocurrencies is still mostly in the hands of the ICT people.

But to join efforts, knowledge and experience with others to create the 'federated block chains'
seem to be a very good idea.

To get the majortiy aware of the posibilities of cryptocurrencies and get an easly acceptance, the technical
side must be easy to use and running smoothly.

I don't know if you ever looked at the Guldencoin, but their (android and iphone) Wallet implementation is impressive and
easy to understand for first time crypto users. (see https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gulden.wallet&hl=nl)

A small report back on the current Windows wallet:

The current windows wallet is still working excelent.  Grin
Staking is also working perfect for a few days now. Grin Grin

Keep up the good work!

Jerry
legendary

new article on Bitcoingarden about BITSEND & EUROPECOIN partnership
and about the Federated Blockchain Initiative's White-Paper:
http://goo.gl/PJWjnv

have fun
Matthias  Grin

P.S. Helmut: GREAT, thank you!

legendary
@dev

i think energycoin is the best place to get the code from

regarding the splittreshhold

they wrote it in a way that it even store the selected value in wallet.dat

its non hardfork code

so can be added any time

00:00:13

setstakesplitthreshold 5000

00:00:13

{
"value setting to " : 5000,
"Success! " : "This threshold value is saved to wallet.dat"
}
legendary

Helping us to spread the word ...

here is a descriptive flyer to spread the word:

original downloadlink for the document is:

http://www.europecoin.eu.org/europcoin-info-resources-2/press-info?download=36:federated-blockchains

next: today we will have a conversation with two magazines that are willing to publish an article.
So we are now using one week to spreads the word and to give anybody a chance to understand our draft.
We don't lag to have developers, but its a big task and we like to give other developers and coin developers a chance,
to jump on board. Like i already layed out two weeks ago, after this week, we are organizing an online conference, gathering
to talk about a roadmap. I am expecting another exiting trip to the next level of our efforts.

and of course we will not forget about our ongoing tasks:
Mac wallet 2.025 and upgrade 2.0.25 are currently given to our partners to compile.

thank you and have fun
Matthias  Wink

legendary

... because we learned a lot about how to explain our idea, here is our

DRAFT VERSION TWO (Better Description for easier understanding)

FOR A COLLABORATIVE INITIATIVE TO BUILD A
PLUGIN AND CULTURE OF
FEDERATED BLOCKCHAINS AND COMMUNITYS

After weeks of research and collaboration I proudly present our draft
for a plugin based Coin 2.0 servicebus with unified, open, permissionless access for any altcoin or service.
I hope you like it.

DOWNLOAD THE
PAPER
HERE

have fun
Matthias
 Smiley
legendary
i might give u a hint how to solve that pay steam some BTC with ur altcoin usecase

noblepay for example aim to provide a service
that allow pay with altcoins towards someone who just accept bitcoins

who know maybe they will support FBI with their API in the future...

and local wallet connected to FBI plugin
and noblepay who runs a FBI plugin

make this happen easier than today direct from local wallet towards the service provider

(today u would have to load first ur noblepay webwallet with  a altcoin before u can utilize that altcoin for something)

legendary
Matt - Your summary above was clear and brought
         the whole concept down to my level. (Light bulb
         turns on). Now the paper will be an easier read.

Thank you!

thak you maybe i should make an update tomorrow and put it into the paper right?

thanks for that inspiration
Matthias

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
Matt - Your summary above was clear and brought
         the whole concept down to my level. (Light bulb
         turns on). Now the paper will be an easier read.

Thank you!
Activity: 322
thank you both for the answers... I will digest them a through the night to connect all the dots in my mind.
legendary
hi nuno

what is the added value of the federated blockchain

do u see cross chain interaction trading and share of services coin A provide towards a user who dont run coin A already?

if a solution can create this enviroment i think thats plenty "added value"

I see the federated blockchain as the Service middle layer, which only acts as middle man between altcoins existing services and is supposed to be codeless

i dont see it codeless
in my vision its blockchainbased solution
which use no own currency but some kind of service tokens u generate easy by just be online as a node for some time

we decided inside the federation
that we not work behind closed door with a bunch of devs and present a solution in 6 months
but that we present a usecase we want to solve and while we have federation brainstormings and solution designs
we can also interact with input from outside present as feedback to the paper

and its possible for each dev or coin community representative to join the federation too

Ok, so if I understand, the idea is to have something like what for example Nocks team has with Gulden/BTC/FIAT but which is agnostic of the altcoin in use and actually does not charge a fee for being used.

Lets imagine I want to use ERC to pay for a Steam game which would have to be paid using BTC, the federated blockchain would allow me to do that. Is this the idea?

If yes, how would the rating between altcoin A and altcoin B be made?

I guess Exchanges would really hate to see something like this appear.. as they would be of no further use as I see it.

i see you are  coming closer, our post crossed, i wrote some words about your questions (see two post before)

Smiley Matthias
legendary

Lets imagine I want to use ERC to pay for a Steam game which would have to be paid using BTC, the federated blockchain would allow me to do that. Is this the idea?

I guess Exchanges would really hate to see something like this appear.. as they would be of no further use as I see it.

if one of the coins or even a otherwise attached service provider
deliver a shapeshift like ability then the servicebus can give u access to it

on BTC chain side is no service called pay steam that u can trigger with their api
and so we cant share this service

what u describe is a normal payment towards someone who just accept BTC

the idea of FBI is to create a link between services

to convert coin A to pay someone who wants coin B is a service

if we can give access to such ability that deepens if a coin or service provider did set up such a service

the aim of FBI at first is provide ability to cross chain communication (access to api) between coins
and service providers
and this for free (the comunication)

what u can then do with it and what services will be available and if they request some fees

that is just limited by the creativity of service creators
legendary
Hi Matthias,

First of all congrats on releasing the paper, for sure it took you many hours to consolidate all the information which you had on your human hard-drive.

By reading it, I got however a bit confused.

On the first part I thought about some "mechanism" that could unify/carry any altcoin blockchain by adding a signature as added value.
   question 1) why only altcoins and not also bitcoin?
   question 2) what would be the usage of the federated chain? Would it be used as a "central bank" which regulates and ensures altcoin blockchains are valid_

In the end, where you have the diagram, I see the federated blockchain as the Service middle layer, which only acts as middle man between altcoins existing services and is supposed to be codeless.

It did not clicked in my mind yet what is the added value of the federated blockchain or which types of services it can provide.

PS: I am not bashing on the paper, I am just trying to understand the concept on its fullness.

Cheers,
Nuno

just wasn't able to sleep so i am here once more Smiley

Yes its a bit confusing on the first read, try to read the "non-technical" parts very slow first, they are the key to understand the difference
of why this approach is unique and provides value. On the first view it looks as it doesn't add anything else but an ethereum like layer.
That Idea is not completely wrong except two significant details, first is, that does this this job for ANY Coin in a unified manner at the same time in one big network.
And it does it via a plugin that doesn't require users of any altcoin, to depend on their coin being added to the network.
They can just decide to plug into our ecosystem on their own, without any help or interaction, total user-control, absolutely permisssionless.
And second difference is that coins and and apps and services are not different layers or entities any more. You can connect coins to services, coins to coins or add
already existing services, that are existing on other coins blockchains or networks to our servicelayer in one unified manner.
Coins are services in the same way as apps are services, like in HTML5: EVERYTHING IS AN APP!
That's the key.

I hope this helps and no your questions are welcome Smiley
i am delighted to see your interest
have fun
Matthias

P.S. Ah i forgot to say: of course Bitcoin to ... its all the same then

Edit: and yes you are right: exchanges will hate it, lol

hi nuno

do u see cross chain interaction trading and share of services coin A provide towards a user who dont run coin A already?

I see the federated blockchain as the Service middle layer, which only acts as middle man between altcoins existing services and is supposed to be codeless

i dont see it codeless
which use no own currency but some kind of service tokens u generate easy by just be online as a node for some time

that we not work behind closed door with a bunch of devs and present a solution in 6 months
but that we present a usecase we want to solve and while we have federation brainstormings and solution designs

and its possible for each dev or coin community representative to join the federation too

Ok, so if I understand, the idea is to have something like what for example Nocks team has with Gulden/BTC/FIAT but which is agnostic of the altcoin in use and actually does not charge a fee for being used.

legendary
hi nuno

i dont see it codeless

Hi Matthias,

First of all congrats on releasing the paper, for sure it took you many hours to consolidate all the information which you had on your human hard-drive.

By reading it, I got however a bit confused.

On the first part I thought about some "mechanism" that could unify/carry any altcoin blockchain by adding a signature as added value.
   question 1) why only altcoins and not also bitcoin?
   question 2) what would be the usage of the federated chain? Would it be used as a "central bank" which regulates and ensures altcoin blockchains are valid_

In the end, where you have the diagram, I see the federated blockchain as the Service middle layer, which only acts as middle man between altcoins existing services and is supposed to be codeless.

It did not clicked in my mind yet what is the added value of the federated blockchain or which types of services it can provide.

PS: I am not bashing on the paper, I am just trying to understand the concept on its fullness.

Cheers,
Nuno
legendary

DRAFT FOR A COLLABORATIVE INITIATIVE TO BUILD A
PLUGIN AND CULTURE OF
FEDERATED BLOCKCHAINS AND COMMUNITYS

After weeks of research and collaboration I proudly present my draft
for a plugin based Coin 2.0 servicebus with unified, open, permissionless access for any altcoin or service.
I hope you like it.

DOWNLOAD THE
PAPER
HERE

have fun
Matthias
  Smiley

legendary
hey Matthias,

Can you give a brief definition of what the Federated Blockchain is please?

thanks,
john

yes my draft is about to be published in 1 1/2 hour, you will find everything inside.
Its just being lectured by methamorphin, to get rid of my ever present typos.
I am delighted, you are expressing interest

thank you
Matthias

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
hey Matthias,

Can you give a brief definition of what the Federated Blockchain is please?

thanks,
john
Jump to: