Pages:
Author

Topic: Every ICO can F*ck off, especially SONM. - page 3. (Read 3569 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Wagerr ICO works just fine
Activity: 1050
Merit: 295
I think the best ICOs to invest in at the moment are those with real world values/applications
Activity: 537
Merit: 250
The worst thing about it was the official Telegram channel.

Every 1-2 seconds a scammer would spam their own ETH address in a spoof-style message hoping to trick suckers into sending them money. There wasn't a single moderator in sight banning or regulating this, it was total chaos.

Activity: 784
Merit: 503
Bitcoin King BTC
True.
Its hard to judge because there hasn't been anything like this since the dotcom bubble in the 90's
I believe it was about five or six years before everything started to fall apart (1994 to just after 2000 before a lot of big companies went bankrupt)
maybe someone can provide a more accurate timeline on this.

but the dotcom bubble was based on actual functioning companies, even if they were crappy ones. they had employees, products, services, serious investors and even customers and actual utility. that all takes real time to screw up and die.

icos are dust built on even more dust. their 'bedrocks' are nothing than speculative playthings, let alone their ico offshoots. even bitcoin has a long, long way to go before it's anything more than speculation.

During 2000–2002, the bubble collapsed. Some companies, such as Pets.com and Webvan, failed completely and shut down. Others, such as Cisco, whose stock declined by 86%, and Qualcomm, lost a large portion of their market capitalization but survived, and some companies, such as eBay and Amazon.com, later recovered and surpassed their dot-com-bubble stock price peaks.[2]

See BTC as the ebay or amazon, they surpassed their dot-com bubble peak by more then 100 times.
Activity: 784
Merit: 503
Bitcoin King BTC
Why do you want to buy at the first minutes the ICO start?
Why dont just try it couple hours after launch, if you still see in the thread pple having issues then look the next day?
Why you you '' need''  to buy from the ICO  the first minutes it launches?
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
True.
Its hard to judge because there hasn't been anything like this since the dotcom bubble in the 90's
I believe it was about five or six years before everything started to fall apart (1994 to just after 2000 before a lot of big companies went bankrupt)

but the dotcom bubble was based on actual functioning companies, even if they were crappy ones. they had employees, products, services, serious investors and even customers and actual utility. that all takes real time to screw up and die.

icos are dust built on even more dust. their 'bedrocks' are nothing than speculative playthings, let alone their ico offshoots. even bitcoin has a long, long way to go before it's anything more than speculation.

Go on Craigslist and type in Bitcoin and you'll find many people accepting Bitcoin, as do much bigger businesses.  Miners put in time, money and electricity to distribute an honest ledger and get rewarded for it.  That's more than speculation, that's an economy.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
True.

Activity: 434
In five years (maybe less) this ICO thing is going to be a wasteland.

are you sure about the years thing? more like five weeks or months.

True.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble
lists the biggest gain and then drop from about 1998-2001 so only 3 or 4 years at its peak.
"On March 10, 2000, the NASDAQ Composite peaked at 5,132.52, but fell 78% in the following 30 months"
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
Why would I say that SONM has any competitive edge over the other ICO's from the last month? There has been a lot of good ICO's lately so the competition is though I'd say
Activity: 749
Merit: 507
are you sure about the years thing? more like five weeks or months. there are plenty of precedents for these things failing to deliver in a much shorter period of time. and they don't even need to not deliver, all that needs to happen is more than one trader wondering what the hell they've spent their money on, and then another, and then another for the house of cards to collapse.

maybe ethereum itself won't exist in five years.

Probably this. Like Satoshi said, in 10 years time Bitcoin will have either great value or no value at all.
In 5 years time ICO's would go away or stay stronger. I think SONM is one of the good ICO's if they deliver the project.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

This is what happens when people flock to stupid ICO's run by god only knows who (most likely a bunch of kids by the looks of it)

If they can't run a ICO successfully.. You think they could run a super computer?

Wake up..
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
POSWallet was a good one but I may have missed it's high.

Activity: 406
Merit: 251
there has to be a way to make them work, but greed and dumb money are a deadly combo
legendary
I thought of this as well but this is the price we pay for a decentralized system , there is so much deception and people go scot free with their investors money and nothing can be done about it. This is were we would appreciate a centralized system to protect investors and make sure upcoming projects have a chance of surviving and not gifting the person behind the project.

true decentralisation is a luxury not permitted at these price levels. they capture the attention of the law and you can almost guarantee that some laws somewhere have been broken.

if they'd thought it through properly then they would either not run them at all, go through every possible legal outcome with a fine tooth comb or make sure no one would be identifiable.

when things are under the radar it doesn't matter. back in the day you could buy bitcoin with paypal directly inside the blockchain.info wallet. that was only possible because paypal didn't know.

same goes for this.
Activity: 686
Merit: 521
ICOs should be either regulated and bounded to follow some rules to protect investors or should be forbidden.
There is no way that you can invest into something which offers no investor protection.
Greedy investors are unable to comprehend what risk they've agreed to by trusting their money to ICO managers.
There is rarely any innovation these days and certainly no decentralization.
I thought of this as well but this is the price we pay for a decentralized system , there is so much deception and people go scot free with their investors money and nothing can be done about it. This is were we would appreciate a centralized system to protect investors and make sure upcoming projects have a chance of surviving and not gifting the person behind the project.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

are you sure about the years thing? more like five weeks or months. there are plenty of precedents for these things failing to deliver in a much shorter period of time. and they don't even need to not deliver, all that needs to happen is more than one trader wondering what the hell they've spent their money on, and then another, and then another for the house of cards to collapse.

More like by the end of the year when BTC starts to appreciate again. The gimmick's become too saturated and overused now.
Make your money though
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Didn't get in either although I sent eth right when the website started to load. Yeah, this distribution model is completely useless. When it hits the exchange, price x5 ...
legendary

Activity: 434
You know its bad when Vitalik Buterin is getting sick of ICO scams
considering ETH is mainly used for ICOs right now.

We ICO bubble now boys.
Make some money while you can and get the fuck out before this shit comes crashing to the ground.
Most of these companies don't actually do anything but make a coin and put it up for offer on the exchanges.
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo
Maybe make the Ico open to all not just the few whales with tens of thousands of Eth to invest with huge transfer fees.

In my model an Ico would last a couple of days to a week and all participants would get tokens. If the total was capped at 50000eth for example not just the first investors would get their share but everyone would get a percentual share. So with a 50000 Eth cap and total collected was 100000 Eth, everyone would get 50% in tokens and rest of their Eth refunded.

I quess the big whales could still overbuy to get a larger share but this model would make all participants token holders nevertheless instead of having to buy them from the whales at an exchange at a second tier market..
Pages:
Jump to: