Pages:
Author

Topic: EVERYONE CALM DOWN - page 3. (Read 14315 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
September 11, 2011, 11:59:39 AM
I did precisely that.  I've been panicking since I mined my first coins at a cost basis of well under a dollar while market prices were around $8.   The panic went into high gear as we climbed to $30 while cost to produce was around a buck, and has been gradually subsiding as bitcoin prices approach cost to produce.

I knew we were not going to infinity and beyond when my hardware investment was paid for in 6 days.

But then, I'm not a "buy and hold even if it goes to nothing" faithful.  I've already profited from this pyramid.  Anything else I get is gravy.

Activity: 81
Merit: 9
September 11, 2011, 11:51:42 AM
Can we start panicking now?
Well, you could start panicking at any time, but in reality it isn't going to do anything for you.  It would have been better if you would have started panicking when bitcoin started shooting through the roof, maybe started using that influx of wealth to build infrastructure for bitcoin, so that there would be a place for that money to stay once it got there.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
September 09, 2011, 04:17:34 PM
It's time for everyone to convert to cosbycoin apparently.

Already done. I'm so way ahead of you there.
Activity: 126
September 09, 2011, 04:16:51 PM
It's time for everyone to convert to cosbycoin apparently.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
September 09, 2011, 04:16:07 PM
Can we start panicking now?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
September 09, 2011, 03:26:38 PM
Someone could've coded GPU mining in any language.

Really Satoshi should have made encryption harder so it's not 256 bit, but 65535 bits.

What are you talking about? The difficulty adjusts for any improvement in hardware and a hash is not encryption.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
September 09, 2011, 02:25:11 PM
Green line guy here  Grin

If that chart becomes a meme I claim 0.05 BTC for every usage  Cheesy
1C1aN3gBrTdy8NghFAAaQudHkr9zTaC5o5
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 09, 2011, 01:50:45 PM

I just want you all to know, this "Bitcoin Black Tuesday" thing is nothing to worry about. The more coins you sell, the worse the economy is going to get. Please just calm down and hold your own. It's best for you, and best for the community. In my time typing this, the MT.GOX price has rise .30 USD.

Remember the basic economy fact, supply and demand. By putting up all of your available BTC, you are driving funds up. Look at this as a great time for investment.

Currently the Gox price is 6.57 6.57202 USD, which is higher than it was a year ago. Bitcoin is only a baby, we must feed and nurture it sell orders.

You can't forget that the price is only relevant to miners. Investors should look at BTC as any stock/asset investment, meaning low means buy. The lower price of today is only relevant to miner's as it isn't as profitable to mine as it was yesterday, but that doesn't mean that tomorrow the value won't be $50 a coin.

I will update the price as often as possible.

Fixed it for you.

Additional Fix.  Cheesy
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
September 09, 2011, 01:49:12 PM

I just want you all to know, this "Bitcoin Black Tuesday" thing is nothing to worry about. The more coins you sell, the worse the economy is going to get. Please just calm down and hold your own. It's best for you, and best for the community. In my time typing this, the MT.GOX price has rise .30 USD.

Remember the basic economy fact, supply and demand. By putting up all of your available BTC, you are driving funds up. Look at this as a great time for investment.

Currently the Gox price is 6.57 6.57202 USD, which is higher than it was a year ago. Bitcoin is only a baby, we must feed and nurture it.

You can't forget that the price is only relevant to miners. Investors should look at BTC as any stock/asset investment, meaning low means buy. The lower price of today is only relevant to miner's as it isn't as profitable to mine as it was yesterday, but that doesn't mean that tomorrow the value won't be $50 a coin.

I will update the price as often as possible.

Fixed it for you.
Activity: 154
September 09, 2011, 01:14:28 PM
Need your green line fix!?

GREEN LINE FEVA

What does it mean?

BUYELL!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
September 09, 2011, 01:12:59 PM
hey guys, it seems the price dropped below your green line that it wasn't supposed to.

what's up with that?

Right. We're not hearing from the "green line" guy any more, I notice. No great loss.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
September 09, 2011, 01:07:41 PM
hey guys, it seems the price dropped below your green line that it wasn't supposed to.

what's up with that?
Activity: 168
September 07, 2011, 10:39:49 AM
I think it can get back up.  It being over I dont think so.  Bitcoin can do things that stocks can not, theres some benefits to using bitcoins verse cash, checks etc, but real stores need to accept bitcoin for it to have future.  For now it is just a gamble, having fun with them, dont invest too much money and lets see what happens.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 06, 2011, 09:41:30 PM
Step One: Open and eTrade account.
Step Two: Buy any fucking stock you like, randomly if you feel so inclined.
Step Three: Wait.
Step Four: Profit.

How does this do what Bitcoin does ? 

Or are you just offering general dollar-based investment advice ?

Bitcoin doesn't do anything but move a graph-line,
Activity: 153
September 06, 2011, 09:39:04 PM

How does this do what Bitcoin does ? 

Or are you just offering general dollar-based investment advice ?
September 06, 2011, 09:35:38 PM
Not at all..

I have a small amount of Bitcoins that I bought and hold as a fun gamble - a known hi-risk, potential high-reward investment,  I have spent more of them to help do what one should do with money to make it work

and I am more interested in the value of the system as a potential future replacement for Paypal and other centrally managed ways of moving dollars to people without interference than I am in caring what their momentary value is according to the opinions of some lily-livered speculators and day-traders are.

Their current value as "an investment vehicle" is purely driven by speculation on their perceived future value and amateur investors who care nothing of their actual usefulness crying "OMG, They're losing their value, The System is Dying, Quick Get out, they're a joke" is what makes me angry...  not any "wah! my BTC holdings arent going up in value" as you seem to think.

So, without a useful actual functioning alternative that you can demonstrate to be better, you are just sounding like an upset short-term value investor yourself, and your "its a dying joke" claim is baseless and ridiculous.

Activity: 153
September 06, 2011, 09:32:33 PM
Not at all..

I have a small amount of Bitcoins that I bought and hold as a fun gamble - a known hi-risk, potential high-reward investment,  I have spent more of them to help do what one should do with money to make it work

and I am more interested in the value of the system as a potential future replacement for Paypal and other centrally managed ways of moving value to people without interference than I am in caring what their momentary value is according to the opinions of some lily-livered speculators and day-traders are.

Their current value as "an investment vehicle" is purely driven by speculation on their perceived future value and amateur investors who care nothing of their actual usefulness crying "OMG, They're losing their value, The System is Dying, Quick Get out, they're a joke" is what makes me angry...  not any "wah! my BTC holdings arent going up in value" as you seem to think.

So, without a useful actual functioning alternative that you can demonstrate to be better, you are just sounding like an upset short-term value investor yourself, and your "its a dying joke" claim is baseless and ridiculous.
September 06, 2011, 09:22:59 PM
Of course, you're right..    Tell me o'Guru where should we go now after "cashing out" ?

You must have a better place in mind ?
US$Dollahs perhaps ?  Paypal ? LOLCoins ? Gold Certificates ?  Actual chunks of Metal ?

Oh, you dont have a better alternative that can do what Bitcoin can ? 

Then GTFO and stop crying abandon ship when your best alternative is the empty ocean.
Someone is angry at being the bagholder

I didn't list an alternative because p much anything is a better investment vehicle than bitcoin. Ideally you'd want something that can't lose 80% of its value in 3 months. Something that a human being without crippling mental deficiencies might concievably want to buy from you in the future. A good trick is to browse Ron Paul forums to find out what the libertarians are buying - Purestrain gold, silver, solidcoins etc. - and avoid it like the plague. Libertarians are canaries for terrible financial decisions.

Hey You!

Do NOT come in here insulting Bitcoin.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 06, 2011, 09:09:56 PM
Of course, you're right..    Tell me o'Guru where should we go now after "cashing out" ?

US$Dollahs perhaps ?  Paypal ? LOLCoins ? Gold Certificates ?  Actual chunks of Metal ?

Then GTFO and stop crying abandon ship when your best alternative is the empty ocean.
Someone is angry at being the bagholder

I didn't list an alternative because p much anything is a better investment vehicle than bitcoin. Ideally you'd want something that can't lose 80% of its value in 3 months. Something that a human being without crippling mental deficiencies might concievably want to buy from you in the future. A good trick is to browse Ron Paul forums to find out what the libertarians are buying - Purestrain gold, silver, solidcoins etc. - and avoid it like the plague. Libertarians are canaries for terrible financial decisions.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
September 06, 2011, 09:03:46 PM

surewhynot

http://www.rfreitas.com/Nano/TangibleNanomoney.htm
Pages:
Jump to: