Pages:
Author

Topic: Everyone loses money when the market is down right? - page 5. (Read 22173 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101
You can short in this market, if it can not be done, in any case, you sold at a higher price and are already in profit, you need to trade and understand what options are preferable for your time
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181
If you have not yet sold your coins, you have not yet lost, there is always a chance that the market will turn in your direction, but if you are desperate and sold the coin at a reduced price, then everything, you have a loss.
My friends also always told me about that. That is why i like trading more than gambling. Even sometime i play gambling games, trading make it different because i am not lose my assets if i am not cut loss it yet.
in general, of course they lost money, how much did the market go down? this is a natural thing, especially if you hold lots of assets. because of this, panic sell often happens. however, I prefer to hold assets rather than sell them.
It is good to hold our assets, but maybe this strategy must shared to a lot of people and some people who always get panic when their assets down in value not panic again and then can manage their assets better.
copper member
Activity: 546
Merit: 1
Generally Yes, everyone loses when the market is down but the few that gains when the market is down are those that didn't let their emotions cloud their trading technique. In buying and selling without a unique strategy it will look like a waste of time because even though you're not losing you might be earning low returns but with a unique technique which might be a pattern derived from a trader himself or from what such person learned it will either minimize huge lose when market is down or no lose at all.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
If you have not yet sold your coins, you have not yet lost, there is always a chance that the market will turn in your direction, but if you are desperate and sold the coin at a reduced price, then everything, you have a loss.
maybe they are not just desperate, it could be because they are afraid later if the price will go down so they just sell it to reduce their huge losses. they just think rather than later losing a lot of better selling now.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
No,we are not going to see the downtrend too straight there will be sideway movement as well so people who know how to make profits from it will get benefits.

And also the people who are holding the cryptos for too long are also not going to lose money because they didn't lost anything until they sell it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
There are a lot of experienced traders out there, who purchase the coins during the dips and sell them when the bull rally occurs. Their success rate can very from person to person and also luck plays a major part. As we know, it is incredibly difficult to predict the future prices of Bitcoin (and even more difficult to predict that of the altcoins).
Predicting any of these markets is next to impossible and also the time comes when most of the holders are in loss. Last time when we were enjoying the bull runs there were peoples who bought even at that price and now are holding that amount to have some profits by these coming bull markets so the profits would depend on how you judge your coins and how long you can potentially hold the coin.

Even when the markets are down, there are peoples who buy and sell instantly to make some profits from the coming markets so we can't assume that when the markets are red each of the investor is in loss. There are strategies which would be applied upon to have profits in each market condition.

You will not lose if you do not sell anything when the market is down. This is the easiest technically but the most difficult (psychologically) way to escape a loss. Suppose, many guys understand it now.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
Exactly, the loss when the market starts to go down is an unspecified loss, this loss is just a virtual loss, it will never come true unless we sell it at that time, but a lot of people always take hasty actions like you say, panic and sell their property, they don't realize they always have opportunities and other methods in this situation, they forget that they can still wait. However, sometimes that action may be very reasonable when cutting the loss too early can give us a chance to accumulate altcoin at a cheap price and return with more profit but traders will need to be very sophisticated to do that
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
There are a lot of experienced traders out there, who purchase the coins during the dips and sell them when the bull rally occurs. Their success rate can very from person to person and also luck plays a major part. As we know, it is incredibly difficult to predict the future prices of Bitcoin (and even more difficult to predict that of the altcoins).
Predicting any of these markets is next to impossible and also the time comes when most of the holders are in loss. Last time when we were enjoying the bull runs there were peoples who bought even at that price and now are holding that amount to have some profits by these coming bull markets so the profits would depend on how you judge your coins and how long you can potentially hold the coin.

Even when the markets are down, there are peoples who buy and sell instantly to make some profits from the coming markets so we can't assume that when the markets are red each of the investor is in loss. There are strategies which would be applied upon to have profits in each market condition.
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
Well, that depends on how you look at it. Technically, it is losing value in dollars, however, if you have no plans of selling, the value remains the same, so to speak. On the contrary, not everyone loses money when the market is bad. One way to look at it is how much you actually spent purchasing compared to its current value. You only lose money the moment you sell your assets with a lower value than you bought it for. All values are temporary and patience is always the key factor to succeed in this business.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
My friends also always told me about that. That is why i like trading more than gambling. Even sometime i play gambling games, trading make it different because i am not lose my assets if i am not cut loss it yet.
in general, of course they lost money, how much did the market go down? this is a natural thing, especially if you hold lots of assets. because of this, panic sell often happens. however, I prefer to hold assets rather than sell them.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181
Activity: 714
Merit: 287
Activity: 35
Merit: 2
I dont think everyone loses money in market up n down.I have seen few people and they are making good profit in down market.You just need some skills and good market reading mind for making profit in bear market.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
In this case the mindset will be the matter of getting the success if you had not been with your confident it will definitely give some changes and your decision so it sometimes will not going properly that's why going with the proper mindset will always been giving the success for you.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
Categorically, not everyone that lost money when the entire market is down to RED becasue there are some, that still make profit even though it not the expected type (profits). I can still remember last year, when the market went down RED but still make some pretty profits becasue of my experience in trade, if you can't trade then hold for a better day before make a sale. 
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
Yes that's right so that some traders make multiple coins to trade for them not to lose a lot and for them also to know which coins or market value are better to trade with but if you are a trader and you only have one coin to trade then it is really up to the market now, if you are going to gain profit or not. 😁
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
of course not, some people don't lose money when market prices fall.
because the traders hold several different altcoins. suppose they hold a stable coin like USDT so when the price falls the brand's money won't disappear. they can even increase the number of ticks if they buy bitcoin or cryptocurrencies that fall with these stable coins.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
I think that 95% ppeoples has losses their money when the market is dumped. To be honest I also lost almost 60% investment but now my losses are recovering gradually day by day. I think good day will come again and I will make profits again.
All time there is a few coin or token which price can be increased so those coin or token's price increase if you trade on that then you will be able to make profit if if cant then you will make a loss.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Not everyone. Short-sellers will make profits if the markets go down, right? And probably that's the reason why we have so many bears among us in the crypto-currency market. Personally I have never tried short-selling or any type of margin trade. It is for those guys who have a great deal of experience and knowledge about crypto.

It is right Not everyone, but little bit it is wrong that only Short sellers could make profit when market down.
In trading mostly big traders buy coins when market down and it is opportunity for everyone to buy coins in a down fall, and when market rise then sell coins and earn profit.
But for those traders who have lost in down fall of market they wait for time when market maintain and that is a way to recover the loss.
So in my thinking, if we manage trading with timely, then it doesn't matter that market down or up. 
Pages:
Jump to: