Pages:
Author

Topic: Exbet is LIVE >> The Bitcoin Betting Exchange [exbet.io] - page 32. (Read 13499 times)

copper member
Activity: 425
Merit: 58
copper member
We've just started sending out first invites to the Exbet API beta. More info later today.
copper member
Correct, Exbet has commission of 1%. To be clear, commission is charged on net profits in a market (as per the industry standard), not on "winning bets".

Its already been a couple of months since you guys announced this exchange. After the beta, I didn't observe any major updates regarding the release apart from sports news here and there. I thought it would launch in Q1 of 2020. Any issues op?

Q1 2020 was the aim but Covid-19 decimated the sporting calendar, so launch has been postponed until we get a critical mass of sporting events running again. Everything moving in the right direction, with Bundesliga rolling and La Liga set for mid-June start. We'll be keeping everyone updated on launch plans here, on Twitter, and via our newsletter which you can sign up to at exbet.io.

The Exbet API will soon be out in beta, which is one more step towards launch. Watch this space!
Activity: 3080
Merit: 970
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Its already been a couple of months since you guys announced this exchange. After the beta, I didn't observe any major updates regarding the release apart from sports news here and there. I thought it would launch in Q1 of 2020. Any issues op?

What are the proposed fees for Exbet? Degens currently charges 0.5% on winning bets but we don't accept bitcoin, only DAI stablecoin.
They state that 1% commission is charged on your winning bets on the site. I guess Degen is better in this area. However, I have never heard of DAI stablecoin.
copper member
Activity: 146
Merit: 2
What are the proposed fees for Exbet? Degens currently charges 0.5% on winning bets but we don't accept bitcoin, only DAI stablecoin.
copper member
Excellent news about La Liga - restart schedules for 12 June:
https://www.espn.com/soccer/spanish-primera-division/story/4098472/la-liga-given-green-light-to-restart-on-june-8-by-spanish-prime-minister

Looks like the sporting schedule is really starting to pick up. Let's hope it continues but in a way that keeps players and support staff healthy.
copper member
Don't worry arco-yabamba, we've got you covered!
Activity: 196
Merit: 13
just in case it wasnt clear in latest dm, please send over api details asap and i will get my guys on it, expect feedback aplenty
copper member
Hi mirq20

Thanks for your interest, we replied to your DM  Cool
Activity: 17
Merit: 1
Hi, I wrote DM, I would like to try it out
copper member
Closing in on first release of Exbet API - very excited! This will be in the hands of beta testers later this month, so DM us (here or on Twitter) if you're interested getting involved early with Exbet's trading interface.

https://twitter.com/exbetio/status/1258887289138266115
copper member
It's interesting that as the exchange user gets more "professional", they are probably better equipped technically and temperamentally to hedge BTC volatility off-exchange. At the same time we need to accept that BTC is still a niche currency and many existing Betfair market makers and traders will not have first-hand experience using it. Which is where stablecoin has some advantages - it ensures lower barriers of entry to those considering the move to another exchange.

ok but if you use tether what about people who want to keep funds in btc and not miss the moon? not bothered for myself but we know theres plenty here (clue its called bitcointalk lol) who are all in on crypto. how is fiat denomimated exchange (which is what usdt support wd be if i understand correct) going to attract there custom?
Because an exchange is for smart bettors who use normal exchanges and bookmakers to trade, therefore accounts in stablecoinn are needed, because prices do not have to be extremely volatile like BTC.
Instead a regular bettor does not need an exchange, except if he does not want to be limited by bookmakers.

if its only smart bettors on the exchange who do they all make their money from? i politely suggest they need some ++when moon++ idiots to keep feeding btc into the machine
Activity: 268
Merit: 9
ok but if you use tether what about people who want to keep funds in btc and not miss the moon? not bothered for myself but we know theres plenty here (clue its called bitcointalk lol) who are all in on crypto. how is fiat denomimated exchange (which is what usdt support wd be if i understand correct) going to attract there custom?
Because an exchange is for smart bettors who use normal exchanges and bookmakers to trade, therefore accounts in stablecoinn are needed, because prices do not have to be extremely volatile like BTC.
Instead a regular bettor does not need an exchange, except if he does not want to be limited by bookmakers.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 69
I'd avoid it
copper member
Hi exbet.io
an optimal solution covering the 2 fiat & crypto markets, could be having accounts in stablecoin (for example USDT)

Stablecoins like USDT definitely offer a path to unified markets that cater for both crypto and fiat. We think it's a strong contender for a solution. We'll update with more on this when we have it. Great talking it over with you!
Activity: 268
Merit: 9
If you want to have more chances of success as an exchange it is to cover the 2 markets (cryptocoin & fiat).
I recommend having accounts in BTC & USDT

Hi elabor77

Sure, we agree that offering both fiat and crypto support allows a betting exchange to appeal to the widest possible audience.

But the key challenge for a betting exchange here is to do this in a way that doesn't dilute liquiidty.

For example, consider the 1x2 market for Barcelona vs Real Madrid on a betting exchange - would you have two 1x2 markets for that match - one denominated in BTC and one in USD? Then you are splitting the money into smaller, non-connected pools, and making it harder again to build liquidity (which is hard enough anyway!).

There are various ways to cross-match between those two example 1x2 markets, or even to have one market denominated in USD with a fixed BTC-USD rate for the duration of the market.

Here at Exbet we're thinking hard on these challenges, because we agree with your basic statement - offering both fiat and crypto support gives users the most choice and the best product, if done right.
Hi exbet.io
an optimal solution covering the 2 fiat & crypto markets, could be having accounts in stablecoin (for example USDT)
copper member
Interesting that Bundesliga may resume as early as mid-May according to latest reports:
https://sports.yahoo.com/bundesliga-could-resume-mid-may-sports-ministers-132720150--sow.html

We'd be surprised to see restart come quite that soon, but it will be interesting to see how this develops differently in different countries. Netherlands and France have already cancelled top leagues, of course.

Anyone willing to offer any predictions on other leagues/sports? Our guess is that Premier League will be cancelled but that Liverpool will be awarded the title.
copper member
If you want to have more chances of success as an exchange it is to cover the 2 markets (cryptocoin & fiat).
I recommend having accounts in BTC & USDT

Hi elabor77

Sure, we agree that offering both fiat and crypto support allows a betting exchange to appeal to the widest possible audience.

But the key challenge for a betting exchange here is to do this in a way that doesn't dilute liquiidty.

For example, consider the 1x2 market for Barcelona vs Real Madrid on a betting exchange - would you have two 1x2 markets for that match - one denominated in BTC and one in USD? Then you are splitting the money into smaller, non-connected pools, and making it harder again to build liquidity (which is hard enough anyway!).

There are various ways to cross-match between those two example 1x2 markets, or even to have one market denominated in USD with a fixed BTC-USD rate for the duration of the market.

Here at Exbet we're thinking hard on these challenges, because we agree with your basic statement - offering both fiat and crypto support gives users the most choice and the best product, if done right.
Pages:
Jump to: