Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 15. (Read 179232 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Hey Nicehash,

I am starting to really enjoy using Excavator.  Unless I am missing something, any thought on add the ability to device print speed?  This would sum up all the workers for that device.

Use Excavator Monitor, Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.flintnet.ExcavatorMonitor&hl=ru or Windows https://github.com/Kayfolom/ExcavatorMonitor/releases
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hey Nicehash,

I am starting to really enjoy using Excavator.  Unless I am missing something, any thought on add the ability to device print speed?  This would sum up all the workers for that device.

For doo that you need to edit json file like this:

Code:
{"time":3,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","1","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","1","0"]}
]},
{"time":10,"loop":10,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["1"]},
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.print.speeds","params":["0"]}
]}

this it will add 2 worker / 1 device in M-0 Mode Be ware it depend by what algoritm it is use

["0","0","0"] = 0 = Device 0, 0 = worker 0, 0 = M0 mining mode (remove if you want default M1)

This section it will make miner to print speed at how many worker you was add first
Code:

This is same as what I am doing.  It prints speed for each worker, not total for the device.
Activity: 119
Merit: 3
Hey Nicehash,

For doo that you need to edit json file like this:

Code:
{"time":3,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","1","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","1","0"]}
]},
{"time":10,"loop":10,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.print.speeds","params":["0"]}
]}

this it will add 2 worker / 1 device in M-0 Mode Be ware it depend by what algoritm it is use

["0","0","0"] = 0 = Device 0, 0 = worker 0, 0 = M0 mining mode (remove if you want default M1)

This section it will make miner to print speed at how many worker you was add first
Code:
Activity: 132
Merit: 7
Hey Nicehash,

I am starting to really enjoy using Excavator.  Unless I am missing something, any thought on add the ability to device print speed?  This would sum up all the workers for that device.

There is one problem with the suggested method. You can't just sum up all workers if there are two different algorithms assigned to the same device (dual mining for example).
Activity: 11
Hey Nicehash,

Activity: 182
Excavator gives INSANE hashrate on lyra2... no other miner does this...
pulling about 180 mh/s with 6 p106-100 cards

I get 52.5MH/sec on a single 1080, same as ccminer-alexis.

On neoscrypt, its about 400kH/sec slower than everything.
Activity: 20
Excavator gives INSANE hashrate on lyra2... no other miner does this...
pulling about 180 mh/s with 6 p106-100 cards
For miningpoolhub pools - resolve domain name to IP, and insert to Excavator json config - Profit!

I suspect it's more than that - as that would be a pretty trivial bypass.  I wouldn't be surprised of some part of the Stratum protocol probably includes some host field and that's what it's working off of.
You may suspect that, but did you try it?  You might be surprised.

yes i was try replace named adress with IP & yes it wroking BUT is more about trivial bypass, coz invalid share it will be many Wink aka let give you a expample > Your Invalid: 676.0354 (26.58%) for equihash algo on one rownd, it was not a problem if was 1-2% but 25% to much. I any other pool invalid share are 0 or max 1% soo my conclusion is yes is more that trivial bypass special if i run other miner like dstm 0% bad share Wink or EWBF

anyway for me is clear excavator & miningpoolhub not work togheter = https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/issues/51

On https://monacoin.miningpoolhub.com :
Your Valid   179.3412
Your Invalid   2.7619 (1.52%)
For miningpoolhub pools - resolve domain name to IP, and insert to Excavator json config - Profit!

I suspect it's more than that - as that would be a pretty trivial bypass.  I wouldn't be surprised of some part of the Stratum protocol probably includes some host field and that's what it's working off of.

yes i was try replace named adress with IP & yes it wroking BUT is more about trivial bypass, coz invalid share it will be many Wink aka let give you a expample > Your Invalid: 676.0354 (26.58%) for equihash algo on one rownd, it was not a problem if was 1-2% but 25% to much. I any other pool invalid share are 0 or max 1% soo my conclusion is yes is more that trivial bypass special if i run other miner like dstm 0% bad share Wink or EWBF

anyway for me is clear excavator & miningpoolhub not work togheter = https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/issues/51
Activity: 182

Excavator (3 rigs) works on the pool https://monacoin.miningpoolhub.com for a week without problems.
instead
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["lyra2rev2","hub.miningpoolhub.com:20593","***********"]}
use
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["lyra2rev2","52.6.227.167:20593","***********"]}
Activity: 687
Merit: 511

about MiningPoolHub from what i undestend from treath pool page Excavator it have block that pool by dev look on last page

way or if is true i not know ze point is Excavator it not mine on that pool

Wow, very interesting - I roamed around a bit in the executable, and sure enough it mentioned "miningpoolhub" explicitly, but no other pools, so that would lend some credence to that.  I wouldn't be surprised if they really don't care if it connects to other POOLS, but they do care about it connecting to multi-pools with auto BTC conversion - since that's exactly what Nicehash does.  I certainly wouldn't have an issue with that, but it would be nice if it was spelled out in the docs so I didn't waste time trying to get it working.

Thanks for the heads up!
First off, good job on Excavator, I really find it super easy to use - both on Windows and Linux.

One note on your linux distribution, it doesn't include the /web/index file that you do with the Windows, but if you put it in the same directory as where you run excavator from, it works fine.  It took me a couple of attempts to figure out where it wanted the web folder, I wish that when you cranked up the messages with -d 0 that it would give full paths on failures so you could see where it was looking.

My main question is this - I've used it with a couple pools, such as Nicehash and ZPool without issue, but when I try to use it with MiningPoolHub, it doesn't ever seem to connect - and at the same time it doesn't seem to have any additional error messages for me to figure out what isn't correct (even with -d 0).  Any insight on this, an example of using this pool, or steps to try to debug what's going on?

Thanks again!

about MiningPoolHub from what i undestend from treath pool page Excavator it have block that pool by dev look on last page

as far as i knw excavator you are using was develop by nicehash. As they developed it they will lock it up only to be used for their pool. Greedy nicehash is to blame. It is best that we as miners exercise due diligence.

yes excavator was & it is dev by ppls what was & work for nicehash, but that not means is working only on they'r pool if you was read what i was write is working perfectly on Nano, Supernova, zpool or on any other ... only on here is not but if admin of pool decide to ban a miner apps is his decision Wink

NiceHash blocked MiningPoolHub on Excavator.

aaronsace  sorry from first your affirmation i was undestend other way aka excavator is block by pool ... now you say dev from excavator was block this pool ? errr never mind i get headhake  Roll Eyes  i will move on > that is not working here < fine fine i will keep simple Cheesy

way or if is true i not know ze point is Excavator it not mine on that pool
I'm having trouble using Excavator to mine Pascal Coin on Nanopool. The miner launches, detects the card, but doesn't seem to do anything.

Code:
$ excavator -a pascal -s pasc-us-west1.nanopool.org:15555 -u ${addr}.0.${worker}/${mail} -d 0 -ca

I get the exact same behavior on Windows 10 and Linux (Ubuntu 16.04). What am I doing wrong?

1. you need to edit / create a new json file for each algo what you want to use for be organize
start editing default_command_file.json & rename it for algo like pasc.nanopool.json

2. after create your json edit excavator+web+restart_script.bat file & 3'rd line it suppose to look like this:
SET COMMAND_FILE=pasc.nanopool.json then you are ready to mine

3. corect is wallet(user).worker:pass or wallet.worker:email not wallet.worker/email

cheers
Activity: 4
I'm having trouble using Excavator to mine Pascal Coin on Nanopool. The miner launches, detects the card, but doesn't seem to do anything.

Code:
$ excavator -a pascal -s pasc-us-west1.nanopool.org:15555 -u ${addr}.0.${worker}/${mail} -d 0 -ca

=========================== www.nicehash.com =========================
                Excavator v1.3.1a_nvidia GPU Miner for NiceHash.
           Copyright (C) 2017 NiceHash. All rights reserved.
    Developed by djeZo, zawawa, dropky and voidstar with help and
   contributions from pallas, Vorksholk, bitbandi, ocminer, Genoil.
=========================== www.nicehash.com =========================

Build time: N/A
Build number: 0
[17:49:43][0x00007f78c50a2740][info] Log started
[17:49:44][0x00007f78c50a2740][debug] nvidia | Failed connecting to X server
[17:49:44][0x00007f78c50a2740][info] core | Found CUDA device: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
[17:49:44][0x00007f78c50a2740][info] api | Listening on 127.0.0.1:3456
[17:49:44][0x00007f78c50a2740][info] core | Initialized!

I get the exact same behavior on Windows 10 and Linux (Ubuntu 16.04). What am I doing wrong?
First off, good job on Excavator, I really find it super easy to use - both on Windows and Linux.

One note on your linux distribution, it doesn't include the /web/index file that you do with the Windows, but if you put it in the same directory as where you run excavator from, it works fine.  It took me a couple of attempts to figure out where it wanted the web folder, I wish that when you cranked up the messages with -d 0 that it would give full paths on failures so you could see where it was looking.

My main question is this - I've used it with a couple pools, such as Nicehash and ZPool without issue, but when I try to use it with MiningPoolHub, it doesn't ever seem to connect - and at the same time it doesn't seem to have any additional error messages for me to figure out what isn't correct (even with -d 0).  Any insight on this, an example of using this pool, or steps to try to debug what's going on?

Thanks again!
Activity: 10
Hi!

Now in 1.3.8a version on Ubuntu 16.04 I get an error about 1-2 days after start mining and Excavator stops working:

rig03 kernel: [77113.327260] show_signal_msg: 18 callbacks suppressed
rig03 kernel: [77113.327270] excavator[32683]: segfault at 0 ip 00007fa7c52e2c29 sp 00007fa7c20d1b98 er$
rig03 start.sh[32653]: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
rig03 systemd[1]: exc.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=139/n/a
rig03 systemd[1]: exc.service: Unit entered failed state.
rig03 systemd[1]: exc.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

I'll try 1.3.7a and I'll write results late.

I had test 1.3.7a and after some time got an error in syslog and stoping mining:

rig04 start.sh[1183]: #033[0m#033[40m[15:32:49][0x00007f064a4fd700][info] #033[38;5;87mcore | Algorithm 'equihash' total speed: 3.525743 kH/s
rig04 kernel: [313941.139024] show_signal_msg: 21 callbacks suppressed
rig04 kernel: [313941.139028] excavator[1709]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f064d70dbe9 sp 00007f064a4fcb98 error 4 in libstdc++.so.6.0.21[7f064d669000+172000]
rig04 systemd[1]: Stopping NVIDIA Persistence Daemon...
rig04 nvidia-persistenced: Received signal 15
rig04 nvidia-persistenced: Socket closed.
rig04 nvidia-persistenced: PID file unlocked.
rig04 nvidia-persistenced: PID file closed.
rig04 nvidia-persistenced: The daemon no longer has permission to remove its runtime data directory /var/run/nvidia-persistenced
rig04 nvidia-persistenced: Shutdown (1312)
rig04 systemd[1]: Stopped NVIDIA Persistence Daemon.
rig04 start.sh[1183]: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
rig04 systemd[1]: exc.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=139/n/a
rig04 systemd[1]: exc.service: Unit entered failed state.
rig04 systemd[1]: exc.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Now I'll try upgrade system to the last and I'll test again with 1.3.7a.
Activity: 10
Hi All,

How do I make excavator work with p2pool, or what I need to change in the pool to make excavator to work> CC Miner works fine  but has slightly lower hash rate.

I'm getting  "error" not expected type: Array

[23:20:00][0x00004010][info] Log started
[23:20:00][0x00004010][info] core | Found CUDA device: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
[23:20:02][0x00004010][info] core | Found CUDA device: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
[23:20:02][0x00004010][info] core | Initialized!
[23:20:02][0x00003948][info] net | Connecting to 127.0.0.1:9171 (127.0.0.1)
[23:20:02][0x00002078][info] net | Connected!
[23:20:02][0x00003948][warning] net | Net error: JSON member "error" not expected type: Array
[23:20:02][0x00002078][warning] net | Net error: JSON member missing: "error"
[23:20:02][0x00003948][warning] net | Net error: JSON member missing: "error"
[23:20:02][0x00002078][warning] net | Net error: JSON member missing: "error"
[23:20:02][0x00003948][warning] net | Net error: JSON member missing: "error"

Thanks! Huh

Here are the specifications of the protocol stratum, the pool should support them https://github.com/nicehash/Specifications

So I installed the pool and I can mine using one click miner or cc miner. Where should I look and what to change to have excavator working with it? Is there a pool configuration ( and where) that needs to be tweeked?
Pages:
Jump to: