Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 18. (Read 179232 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
HOW TO HANDLE AN UPDATE WITH "DPKG"? --

I installed v1.3.1 with "dpkg" on Ubuntu 14.04.  Should I uninstall/reinstall, or is there an update procedure?      

I don't wish to destroy a working install with a botched upgrade.        --scryptr  

dpkg/apt do take care of updates. No worries.

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING--

But I am suggesting that you post a version upgrade procedure for Excavator 1.3.6+ following the initial install instructions.  I use Linux a lot, but  am not a great master.       --scryptr

Sure, I could do that for you:
Code:
wget https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/download/v1.3.6a/excavator_1.3.6a-trusty0_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i excavator_1.3.6a-trusty0_amd64.deb
sudo apt-get install -f
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

I installed v1.3.1 with "dpkg" on Ubuntu 14.04.  Should I uninstall/reinstall, or is there an update procedure?      

I don't wish to destroy a working install with a botched upgrade.        --scryptr 

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING--

But I am suggesting that you post a version upgrade procedure for Excavator 1.3.6+ following the initial install instructions.  I use Linux a lot, but  am not a great master.       --scryptr
Miner Developer

I don't wish to destroy a working install with a botched upgrade.        --scryptr 

legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028
Version 1.3.6 alpha NVIDIA for Linux

* cryptonight bug fixes & improvements

The Linux version of excavator is compatible only with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and it requires NVIDIA Display Driver 387 or later. All you need to do for installation on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is to install a compatible NVIDIA driver and to run:

Code:
wget https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/download/v1.3.6a/excavator_1.3.6a-xenial0_amd64.deb
sudo apt install ./excavator_1.3.6a-xenial0_amd64.deb

On Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
sudo apt-get update
wget https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/download/v1.3.6a/excavator_1.3.6a-trusty0_amd64.deb
sudo apt-get install -f

Everything will be installed under /opt/excavator, and you can test excavator with:

Code:
excavator-run

If you would like to mine to your Bitcoin address:

Code:
excavator-run -u [your Bitcoin address] -a [algorithm]

You can run a complete set of benchmarks with:

Code:
excavator-benchmark

For further details, please refer to the manpage for excavator(1).

Sorry for the delay... The new support scripts should be pretty useful, though. Enjoy!

Miner Developer
Version 1.3.6 alpha NVIDIA for Linux

* cryptonight bug fixes & improvements

The Linux version of excavator is compatible only with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and it requires NVIDIA Display Driver 387 or later. All you need to do for installation on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is to install a compatible NVIDIA driver and to run:

Code:
wget https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/download/v1.3.6a/excavator_1.3.6a-xenial0_amd64.deb
sudo apt install ./excavator_1.3.6a-xenial0_amd64.deb

On Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -f

Everything will be installed under /opt/excavator, and you can test excavator with:

Code:
excavator-run

If you would like to mine to your Bitcoin address:

Code:
excavator-run -u [your Bitcoin address] -a [algorithm]

You can run a complete set of benchmarks with:

Code:
excavator-benchmark

For further details, please refer to the manpage for excavator(1).

Sorry for the delay... The new support scripts should be pretty useful, though. Enjoy!
Activity: 132
Merit: 7
It's only happening on cryptonight algo...
Can a dev take a look at that?

Also I'm CPU mining at the same time, but I keep getting errors on my CPU miner while mining cryptonight.

We're working on it. The thing is that Cryptonight is very intense. The lags should be more tolerable if you lower the "intensity". Change the B parameter, you should set it between 10-30. 
is the linux 1.3.6a being prepared? Great work on supporting it as well!

Thanks for pointing it out. Linux packages will be uploaded soon.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
is the linux 1.3.6a being prepared? Great work on supporting it as well!
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Updated Excavator Monitor android application

Fixed artifacts when changing the algorithm
Fixed bug not showing offline minners

Google Play Link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.flintnet.ExcavatorMonitor
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
It's only happening on cryptonight algo...
Can a dev take a look at that?

Also I'm CPU mining at the same time, but I keep getting errors on my CPU miner while mining cryptonight.
Until 1.3.3 everything was fine. Now the miner crashes everytime I log onto my rig via TeamViewer. How you excpect me to monitor them without Teamviewer?

use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.flintnet.ExcavatorMonitor
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Until 1.3.3 everything was fine. Now the miner crashes everytime I log onto my rig via TeamViewer. How you excpect me to monitor them without Teamviewer?
Activity: 61
1080 Ti is powerful enough to do this test.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
Just wondering, is it possible to mine Cryptonight with my EVGA gtx 1070 and lessen the lag? I cranked this up and my computer became unusable. So far, my google searches have come up with "Mine Equihash algo" if you still want to enjoy your computer.  Grin Sorry for the newb question, but I just got this computer the other day. My last computer only had an AMD 7570, so I didn't GPU mine much at all. This is going to be quite the leaning curve.

Edit:Ok, I figured out how to set the intensity, down to B=10. Still lags, but more tolerable.  Grin I tried to lower the tpb to 16, but was getting errors of share difficulty too low. However, not sure this is even worth mining at  B=10.  Cheesy Any suggestions?
Activity: 796
Merit: 505
Thanks for the new version Version 1.3.5 alpha NVIDIA !
On 1.3.4 - frost the screen at five 1070? on 1.3.5 - fixed!

CryptoNight GTX 1070  - 660.0 !!!
CryptoNight GTX 1080Ti  - 800.0 !

CryptoNight GTX 1080  - 530.0 :-( Still low speed. Apparently the video memory is to blame?

What is expected with CryptoNight  GTX 1060 3GB?
Also what settings?
1 worker per card with default settings (no paremeters) don't give good performance in exevator...

Thanks in advance!

{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","30","32"]}
It is not difficult to adjust, the second parameter is always 32, select the first parameter within 10-30

Oh well, with good params  6x 1060 3GB rig 1.7 kHash -> 2.7 kHash.
Version 1.3.6 alpha NVIDIA - API is broken?

In web interface:
"equihash | FAIL | undefined | 607.460 H/s | 0.000 H/J"

This is fixed. Wrong web file was attached. Please re-download the archive.

Yes, web is fine, thank you!

In web interface:

This is fixed. Wrong web file was attached. Please re-download the archive.

Version 1.3.5 alpha NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti  Equihash - 720H/s
Version 1.3.6 alpha NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti  Equihash - 600H/s HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

There is no file cudart64_80.dll in the archive In https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/download/v1.3.6a/excavator_v1.3.6a_NVIDIA_Win64.7z

In web interface:
Thanks for the new version Version 1.3.5 alpha NVIDIA !
On 1.3.4 - frost the screen at five 1070? on 1.3.5 - fixed!

CryptoNight GTX 1070  - 660.0 !!!
CryptoNight GTX 1080Ti  - 800.0 !

CryptoNight GTX 1080  - 530.0 :-( Still low speed. Apparently the video memory is to blame?

What is expected with CryptoNight  GTX 1060 3GB?
Also what settings?
1 worker per card with default settings (no paremeters) don't give good performance in exevator...

Thanks in advance!

{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","30","32"]}
It is not difficult to adjust, the second parameter is always 32, select the first parameter within 10-30
Pages:
Jump to: