Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 17. (Read 179232 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner
Hello,

How do you put the pool/worker password in the json ?

The following doesn't seems to work.

{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["algo","pool_address:pool_port","workername.mypass"]}
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["algo","pool_address:pool_port","workername/mypass"]}
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["algo","pool_address:pool_port","workername","mypass"]}

Could you please give me the right method ?

Thanks.
Activity: 132
Merit: 7
If I install excavator and ubuntu 16.04 on my 1070s will excavator still be able to control the clocks just wondering I'm not a linux guy but trying to learn it more than my second question is on my win 10 pro build do I just leave out the clock commands to let AF manage my cards I'm asking because I read somewhere that running excavator would disable msi AF or this is no longer the case

Excavator will not disable MSI Afterburner, you can manage your GPU settings either using command line or third party software (e.g. MSI AF).

Regarding Linux, yes you will still be able to manage GPU through excavator's commands.
Activity: 132
Merit: 7
Version 1.3.6 alpha NVIDIA for Linux

* cryptonight bug fixes & improvements

The Linux version of excavator is compatible only with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and it requires NVIDIA Display Driver 387 or later. All you need to do for installation on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is to install a compatible NVIDIA driver and to run:

Sorry for the delay... The new support scripts should be pretty useful, though. Enjoy!

Hi!
I compared performance of versions 1.3.4a and 1.3.6a in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on Palit p106-100 (GFX 1060 6G).
It's very strange - on Monero (cryptonight algorithm) I have results:

1.3.4a ~ 431-436 H/s,
1.3.6a ~ 460-464 H/s.

In json config I use CUDA-cryptonight parameters: B=30,TPB=32.

PS. ZEC mining looks the same in both versions.

I am not sure if it is my optimization or voidstar's bug fix, but I am glad to hear that anyway!

One another question - how to use miner on AMD GPUs in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?

Is there solution to start mining with Excavator on AMD GPUs in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?
I read all pages and didn't found recept to do this.

Unfortunately, Excavator doesn't support AMD anymore. Sorry. 
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
If I install excavator and ubuntu 16.04 on my 1070s will excavator still be able to control the clocks just wondering I'm not a linux guy but trying to learn it more than my second question is on my win 10 pro build do I just leave out the clock commands to let AF manage my cards I'm asking because I read somewhere that running excavator would disable msi AF or this is no longer the case
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

The Linux version of excavator is compatible only with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and it requires NVIDIA Display Driver 387 or later. All you need to do for installation on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is to install a compatible NVIDIA driver and to run:

Sorry for the delay... The new support scripts should be pretty useful, though. Enjoy!

Hi!
I compared performance of versions 1.3.4a and 1.3.6a in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on Palit p106-100 (GFX 1060 6G).

1.3.4a ~ 431-436 H/s,
1.3.6a ~ 460-464 H/s.

I am not sure if it is my optimization or voidstar's bug fix, but I am glad to hear that anyway!

Is there solution to start mining with Excavator on AMD GPUs in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?
I read all pages and didn't found recept to do this.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Dear Zawawa, is it planned to add new algorithms to the Excavator?

Good question - now I need ethash algorithm too, but on AMD and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS  Wink
Dear Zawawa, help us!  Smiley

EXCAVATOR DOES ETH-HASH (DAGGER-HASHIMOTO)--

You may read on pages 48-50 or so for example configurations.  Excavator dual-mines with no fee.  Detailed configuration docs are on the GitHub site.       --scryptr

I saw 48-50 pages before and config dual-mining for ZEC and XMR. But I didn't know what algorithm is for ETH in Excavator miner. Thnx!

Now I can't config web stats for Excavator on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Where can I put the "index.html" file to get stats on web?
I start excavator with -wp and -wi parameters (not local IP bind) and get on web "404 Not Found", but when I do "api?..." to binded IP and port I can get stats in JSON format.

Thnx!

Лeкc, cпpocи вoт тyт https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/issues/60 , caм нe знaю, нa линyкce нe зaпycкaл.
Ask here https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/issues/60, I do not know, I did not run it on Linux.

Anyone

I am trying to implement the "device.list" command in my config file but failing.
I have already read the Readme and Master documents. It is not clear to me how this command is implemented.

I added the following to my config file and caused the system to freeze.

{"id":1,"method":"device.list","params":[]}

I am currently mining ZEC on Excavator. I have 5x GTX1080TI GPUS on my rig. It works fine until I add the "device.list" and then it crashes.

Has any of you used this function when running excavator? If yes can you show your config entries related to "device.list" functionality.

I ran the telnet call for the device info. I entered the device results into a text file.
Can anyone show how the "device.list" command works in the config file and where does the results of this command show up?

Best regards

device.list works only via API.  In the configuration file it does not work.
Via Telnet  - only type on keyboard {"id":1,"method":"device.list","params":[]} and press Enter.
With the HTTP  - http://Excavator_IP:Excavator_Port/api?command={"id":1,"method":"algorithm.list","params":[]}
For example:
Linux: wget --quiet -O - http://10.0.0.9:38080/api?command={"id":1,"method":"algorithm.list","params":[]}
Windows: use PowerShell (.Net) or wget for windows or browser

I see the same HTTP request to api used in standard index.html. But how to get this result in index.html on Ubuntu?

Thnx!
Activity: 3
Anyone

I am trying to implement the "device.list" command in my config file but failing.
I have already read the Readme and Master documents. It is not clear to me how this command is implemented.

I am currently mining ZEC on Excavator. I have 5x GTX1080TI GPUS on my rig. It works fine until I add the "device.list" and then it crashes.

Has any of you used this function when running excavator? If yes can you show your config entries related to "device.list" functionality.

I ran the telnet call for the device info. I entered the device results into a text file.
Can anyone show how the "device.list" command works in the config file and where does the results of this command show up?

Best regards

Via Telnet  - only type on keyboard {"id":1,"method":"device.list","params":[]} and press Enter.
With the HTTP  - http://Excavator_IP:Excavator_Port/api?command={"id":1,"method":"algorithm.list","params":[]}
For example:
Linux: wget --quiet -O - http://10.0.0.9:38080/api?command={"id":1,"method":"algorithm.list","params":[]}

Thank You Kayfolom
I was expecting more from the command. My misunderstanding. I did run the api and did get the detailed device output.

Best regards

Anyone

Best regards

For example:
Activity: 3
Insert Quote
Quote from: scryptr on November 19, 2017, 10:31:46 AM
Quote from: lexkanev on November 19, 2017, 08:49:35 AM
Quote from: Kayfolom on November 18, 2017, 06:43:27 AM

Good question - now I need ethash algorithm too, but on AMD and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS  Wink
Dear Zawawa, help us!  Smiley

You may read on pages 48-50 or so for example configurations.  Excavator dual-mines with no fee.  Detailed configuration docs are on the GitHub site.       --scryptr

I saw 48-50 pages before and config dual-mining for ZEC and XMR. But I didn't know what algorithm is for ETH in Excavator miner. Thnx!

Now I can't config web stats for Excavator on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Where can I put the "index.html" file to get stats on web?
I start excavator with -wp and -wi parameters (not local IP bind) and get on web "404 Not Found", but when I do "api?..." to binded IP and port I can get stats in JSON format.

Thnx!

Anyone

Best regards

Good question - now I need ethash algorithm too, but on AMD and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS  Wink

You may read on pages 48-50 or so for example configurations.  Excavator dual-mines with no fee.  Detailed configuration docs are on the GitHub site.       --scryptr

Thnx!
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

Good question - now I need ethash algorithm too, but on AMD and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS  Wink
Dear Zawawa, help us!  Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
whats a hashrate on VEga 64?

Hi!

1.3.4a ~ 431-436 H/s,
1.3.6a ~ 460-464 H/s.

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer

Hi!

1.3.4a ~ 431-436 H/s,
1.3.6a ~ 460-464 H/s.

Hi!

1.3.4a ~ 431-436 H/s,
1.3.6a ~ 460-464 H/s.

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
THANK YOU! --

What I understand from this is that a new version of Excavator will simply install over a successfully installed previous edition.  Is that correct?        --scryptr

P.S.  The control features of Excavator are terrific!       --scryptr

Yes, just like "apt install". In fact, it is the other way around: apt uses dpkg internally.
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028
HOW TO HANDLE AN UPDATE WITH "DPKG"? --

I installed v1.3.1 with "dpkg" on Ubuntu 14.04.  Should I uninstall/reinstall, or is there an update procedure?      

I don't wish to destroy a working install with a botched upgrade.        --scryptr  

dpkg/apt do take care of updates. No worries.

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING--

But I am suggesting that you post a version upgrade procedure for Excavator 1.3.6+ following the initial install instructions.  I use Linux a lot, but  am not a great master.       --scryptr

Sure, I could do that for you:
Code:
wget https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/download/v1.3.6a/excavator_1.3.6a-trusty0_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i excavator_1.3.6a-trusty0_amd64.deb
sudo apt-get install -f

THANK YOU! --

What I understand from this is that a new version of Excavator will simply install over a successfully installed previous edition.  Is that correct?        --scryptr

P.S.  The control features of Excavator are terrific!       --scryptr
Pages:
Jump to: