Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 32. (Read 179234 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
So far the new Overclocking UI looks like this:

@polymer_city
@zorvalth

Would you guys be ok with this?
In the new UI you could either use the global profile or create a new profile, tweak the OC and assign it to a specific job/s, the OC will get applied when the assigned job starts.
I also added copy/paste values, which lets you easily paste & save same values to different cards.
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
As far as I am aware there is no load balancing on excavator? Devs??

@ cTnko - By global settings I meant - Have a global OC setting that can be copied to all cards
Either separate input or by being able to copy settings from one GPU to all cards

You could adjust GWS if you are using AMD cards.
Activity: 98
As far as I am aware there is no load balancing on excavator? Devs??

@ cTnko - By global settings I meant - Have a global OC setting that can be copied to all cards
Either separate input or by being able to copy settings from one GPU to all cards
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Maybe attaching different overclocking profiles to different jobs would be a good idea. Pretty much every algo has different optimal clocks.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, i will put it on the todo list.

Not sure what was happening on ETH & SIA when i tried to Dual Mine

SIA was getting about 80% of each card and ETH the rest

800mh/s each card on SIA and 12mh/s on ETH...Huh?

Could you possibly add Global OC settings for GPU's?

Well done, works great!

That sounds like a high dcri value was set; at least with Claymore's dual miner changing the dcri value will increase the hashrate of one algorithm wihile lowering it for the other algorithm, and vice versa etc...
As promised, here is a new release of the GUI https://github.com/cTn-dev/Excavator-GUI

Screenshot of one of the new remove confirmation dialogs that were added

Code:
Changelog:
03.07.2017 @ 0.2 - Use it with Excavator version 1.2.9a
- Added confirmation dialogs for job/pool/wallet removal
- Fix Overclocking fan speed always showing as auto
- Potential fix for worker UI blocks occasionally disappearing

@polymer_city give this version a try (please check if the fan speed is fixed for you)
Maybe attaching different overclocking profiles to different jobs would be a good idea. Pretty much every algo has different optimal clocks.

Well done, works great!

Currently the "hardware" section is acting like a global OC profile, when i will start working on the new OC stuff i was thinking of having one global profile, and then the user could create as many OC profiles as he would like and assign them to specific jobs, for now its just an idea.

Regarding the dual mining, i honestly wouldn't know, probably someone on the forum or the devs could tell you which algorithms work well together, i guess tweaking worker parameters would help when it comes to dual mining, but right now there is very little info about that (GUI doesn't support worker parameters for now, when setting them becomes critical, i will definitely look into it).

Well done, works great!

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
@ cTnko

Im testing your GUI now, very pleased with it!

Can you give a quick description on how to setup Dual Mining?

Possible bug;
Setting manual fan speed (nVidia) - Keeps resetting to Auto?
Fan speed is saved, but when you go to Hardware tab, the previous value is not stored in textbox

I am glad you like it!

When it comes to dual mining, simply add a second job for the currency that you would like to mine, in other words "have 2 jobs running at the same time".
Obviously you need to find out which 2 currencies work "nice" together, for example running equihash and daggerhashimoto on the same card would be a disaster.

Regarding the fan speed, yes you are indeed right (its a bug), thanks for spotting this.
I already fixed it in my development build, i would like to implement the delete dialogs today, if i can get them ready i will release a new build in the evening.
@ cTnko

Im testing your GUI now, very pleased with it!

Can you give a quick description on how to setup Dual Mining?

Possible bug;
Setting manual fan speed (nVidia) - Keeps resetting to Auto?
Fan speed is saved, but when you go to Hardware tab, the previous value is not stored in textbox
Hi everyone, i am very happy to announce that my GUI for Excavator is finally ready!   Roll Eyes

Few screenshots so you would have an idea how it looks

To anyone that would be willing to try it, you can find the GUI with instructions on how to use it over here: https://github.com/cTn-dev/Excavator-GUI

Currently it has only been tested on Nvidia cards (sadly i don't own an AMD gpu).
If people will like the GUI, ill try to save up some funds to buy one AMD card to properly implement and test everything on AMD side aswell.

If you have any questions, please let me know, happy mining! :-)

It is a pity that this is just a "local executor". I expected that you would create a full-fledged tool for remote control of the excavator. It could not be started because it requires the executable excavator file in the application folder.

I was waiting for your application, but my hopes did not justify :-(

Hi, i never said that i was working on remote monitoring GUI, also no one said that feature like this won't be coming to the GUI, i released the first version for people to get a taste of how the GUI looks and how it works and to get feedback from people, as without people like you i wouldn't know on which new feature i should focus.

From your message i gather that you would like to have a monitoring/control support for "all" of your miners on your local network, is that correct ?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
Using the new Nicehash 2.0.0.7 Alpha miner here, excavator got a nice boost on Equihash algorithm, from 610-620 H/s in the previous version to 640-670 H/s on my GP-102-A card with 80% TDP.
Miner Developer
I have been busy rewriting hardware acceleration for quite some time as there were some horrendous bugs, but I'm almost done. With the next version, hardware acceleration will be fully customizable. I'll keep you updated.
Miner Developer
djeZo actually has a pretty good reason to promote his own protocol: It is simply more efficient with a reduced number of duplicates. I would love to support other protocols, but I don't think I would be able to convince him to adopt what he perceives to be technically inferior solutions...
Activity: 349
Merit: 102

To everyone asking when some new protocol will be added to Excavator. The answer is NEVER.

But pools are welcome to update their protocols. Here are documentations.

For SIA: https://siamining.com/stratum

For EthereumStratum: https://github.com/nicehash/Specifications/blob/master/EthereumStratum_NiceHash_v1.0.0.txt

Contrary to their implementations, we actually make documentation, everything is well explained and there are examples.

surely I'm misunderstanding, but are you saying you don't want to interface with existing pool/stratum protocols and instead made your own , and expect everyone else to adapt to you?
The main purpose is directing people to specific pools like suprnova and nicehash.

Nope. The main purpose is security. Most pools have a bad implementation of the stratum protocol.

Come oon:) suprnova got less than 0.09% of the hash and nicehash got less then 0.005%, so either no one cares for security or either 99.9% are stupid. Either way whats the point of having 0.01% secured? Honestly I really like the flexibility of excavator I would use if i had an option to choose where to mine even if there is a dev fee. I'm sure i'm not alone.

You're not alone but I don't think any number of us are going to change the developer's mind unfortunately.

To everyone asking when some new protocol will be added to Excavator. The answer is NEVER.

But pools are welcome to update their protocols. Here are documentations.

For SIA: https://siamining.com/stratum

For EthereumStratum: https://github.com/nicehash/Specifications/blob/master/EthereumStratum_NiceHash_v1.0.0.txt

Contrary to their implementations, we actually make documentation, everything is well explained and there are examples.

surely I'm misunderstanding, but are you saying you don't want to interface with existing pool/stratum protocols and instead made your own , and expect everyone else to adapt to you?
The main purpose is directing people to specific pools like suprnova and nicehash.

Nope. The main purpose is security. Most pools have a bad implementation of the stratum protocol.

Come oon:) suprnova got less than 0.09% of the hash and nicehash got less then 0.005%, so either no one cares for security or either 99.9% are stupid. Either way whats the point of having 0.01% secured? Honestly I really like the flexibility of excavator I would use if i had an option to choose where to mine even if there is a dev fee. I'm sure i'm not alone.
Hi everyone, i am very happy to announce that my GUI for Excavator is finally ready!   Roll Eyes

To anyone that would be willing to try it, you can find the GUI with instructions on how to use it over here: https://github.com/cTn-dev/Excavator-GUI

Currently it has only been tested on Nvidia cards (sadly i don't own an AMD gpu).
If people will like the GUI, ill try to save up some funds to buy one AMD card to properly implement and test everything on AMD side aswell.

It is a pity that this is just a "local executor". I expected that you would create a full-fledged tool for remote control of the excavator. It could not be started because it requires the executable excavator file in the application folder.

Point me a link to your gui? The one with remote monitoring and remote control? I want to test it! Its first release for god sake.
Activity: 68

Pages:
Jump to: