Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 29. (Read 179234 times)

Activity: 463
Merit: 250
hi,
for first awesome project, but I have small problem
I got stable 140 Mh/s with ethereum but with zec I have only 1500 h/s any idea why ?
I have 6x 1060

Hi, are you using 2 workers per card (you have 6 cards, so 12 workers total), also did you overclock the core ?

hi, yes I have two workes and overcloked mem, but still I got the same speed, while overclocking did gave me a burst on eth it did not on equihash 

Memory overclocking doesn't really do much for equihash, its the core speed that matters the most.
This might be a far fetched idea, but have you checked your P-State ? (you can do that with nvidia inspector).
What is the hashrate you expected from the cards that you have?
Friend of mine is running an overclocked 1060 with 100W tdp limit, it hashes around 270 h/s for him.

Memory overclocking does quite a lot for equihash, just use GPU-Z and see that it uses memory. Also 1060(samsung) can do 320 sols on EWBF.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi, I'm trying to run Excavator on one RX470, and keep getting the following error message, any thoughts?

[[2017-07-09 14:32:34.574823] [thread=0x00002bb0] [error]]

Assertion failed: ReadPCI(topology.pcie.bus, 0, 0, 0x24, sizeof(config_registers_addr), &config_registers_addr) in openclhelp.cpp(283).

This is a compatibility issue with excavator. Which operating system are you using?

I've now tried on W7 and W8, same issue. Anything else you think I could try?
Activity: 12

You are using 2 workers for a single card for daggerhashimoto (the recommended amount is 1).
Remove the extra worker and everything should be fine.
Thanks for your reply. And how do I remove an extra worker?

You go to the command_file.json (it might be named a bit differently, its the file you set your pool/address in)

and look for a section looking like this
Code:
{"time":3,"commands":[
            {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]},
            {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]}
]},

and you change it to this
Code:
]},

Many thanks, helped!
Activity: 56
Can I mine any ehtash coin other than ETH and coin ETC?
Activity: 85
Merit: 10

What is it?

You are using 2 workers for a single card for daggerhashimoto (the recommended amount is 1).

You go to the command_file.json (it might be named a bit differently, its the file you set your pool/address in)

and look for a section looking like this
Code:
            {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]},
]},

and you change it to this
Code:
]},
Activity: 12

What is it?

Activity: 47
and now with crowd - linux linux linux !!! Smiley

it's ridiculous how things changed over last years, once free open source miners now replaced with closed, fee based miners released for windows and on top of it now we should beg for linux releases. sad...

I'm with you here.
Crowd spoils everything Sad
Activity: 39
What happens if you mine Equihash?
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
go on the githug, /releases and you'll see all versions with what was updated. 
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Here comes a new version with major improvements for CUDA ETH mining:

- added DAG cache host memory storage for quicker DAG switches
- speed improvements for all CUDA algorithms for certain cards
- CUDA faster DAG generation
- bug fixes for AMD cards
- added option to disable AMD support

djeZo and dropky worked really hard on it. Enjoy!

Is there anyway we can update the OP so we don't have to scroll through 42 pages to find what the updates were for each version?
Hi, I'm trying to run Excavator on one RX470, and keep getting the following error message, any thoughts?

Assertion failed: ReadPCI(topology.pcie.bus, 0, 0, 0x24, sizeof(config_registers_addr), &config_registers_addr) in openclhelp.cpp(283).

This is a compatibility issue with excavator. Which operating system are you using?

Using W10 Pro. Have not tried compatibility mode, also thinking of booting W7 to see if there's a difference but haven't had the time.
Activity: 463
Merit: 250
v1.2.10a

added DAG cache host memory storage for quicker DAG switches
speed improvements for all CUDA algorithms for certain cards
CUDA faster DAG generation
bug fixes for AMD cards
added option to disable AMD support

Why dont you say what improvements have you made and on what algos?
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer

hi,
I got stable 140 Mh/s with ethereum but with zec I have only 1500 h/s any idea why ?
I have 6x 1060

Hi, are you using 2 workers per card (you have 6 cards, so 12 workers total), also did you overclock the core ?

hi, yes I have two workes and overcloked mem, but still I got the same speed, while overclocking did gave me a burst on eth it did not on equihash 

Memory overclocking doesn't really do much for equihash, its the core speed that matters the most.
This might be a far fetched idea, but have you checked your P-State ? (you can do that with nvidia inspector).
What is the hashrate you expected from the cards that you have?
Friend of mine is running an overclocked 1060 with 100W tdp limit, it hashes around 270 h/s for him.
Activity: 39
hi,
I have 6x 1060

Activity: 796
Merit: 505
@cTnko:

Please could you make your own thread of GUI add-on?
Don't get me wrong, maybe it is great piece of code, but it's just add-on for people who are too lazy/too stupid to RTFM.
And of course it does not add any speed or other changes to excavator itself.

People, it is that hard to read API and make text file? :-D

Every time I look into this tread it's 10 posts from happy copy&paste noobs and wow! 1 post from excavator autors about software itself.

The GUI has its own thread as i mentioned it couple posts back (so i wouldn't clutter the official miner thread).
And you are wrong about it being an addon, while it doesn't add any speed (seems that's all you care about), it does add quite a bit of extra functionality which utilize what Excavator API has to offer.
Not to mention quite a few features that you wouldn't be able to utilize at all with a .json config file or .bat configuration changes.

Calling people "too lazy/too stupid" to read the manual is just rude, especially considering you didn't "read the manual" for the GUI.

Oh well, if your GUI has its own thread then I'm sorry. Thank you, and good luck :-)
hi,
I have 6x 1060

Pages:
Jump to: