Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 37. (Read 179268 times)

Activity: 796
Merit: 505
Why is the bundled excavator program w/in Nicehash has the batch file setting pointing the BTCADDR to 3DJhaQaKA6oyRaGyDZYdkZcise4b9DrCi2?
Does it mean that my GPUs are mining for someone?

Hahaha, and you want it be yours by default?

I saw same stupid question in Claymore miner thread.
You made my day again :-D
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
This is the content of the file start_equihash+restart_script.bat
Code:
:: your Bitcoin address and worker name
SET BTCADDR=3DJhaQaKA6oyRaGyDZYdkZcise4b9DrCi2
SET WORKER=test

:: set your closest location (eu, usa, hk or jp)
SET LOCATION=eu

:: set to 1 to print out speed of devices
SET DEBUG_MODE=2

:start
excavator.exe -a equihash -s equihash.%LOCATION%.nicehash.com:3357 -u %BTCADDR%.%WORKER%:x -d %DEBUG_MODE% -ca -ca
ping 127.0.0.1 > nul
goto start

This is the content of the file start_pascal+restart_script.bat
Code:
:: your Bitcoin address and worker name
SET BTCADDR=3DJhaQaKA6oyRaGyDZYdkZcise4b9DrCi2
SET WORKER=test

:: set your closest location (eu, usa, hk or jp)
SET LOCATION=eu

:: set to 1 to print out speed of devices
SET DEBUG_MODE=2

:start
excavator.exe -a pascal -s pascal.%LOCATION%.nicehash.com:3358 -u %BTCADDR%.%WORKER%:x -d %DEBUG_MODE% -ca
ping 127.0.0.1 > nul
goto start
... also, the bundled Excavator with Nicehash program (1.7.5.13) seems pretty old.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
Why is the bundled excavator program w/in Nicehash has the batch file setting pointing the BTCADDR to 3DJhaQaKA6oyRaGyDZYdkZcise4b9DrCi2?

If you check this adress in Nicehash.com you'll see this guy have a lot of mining power:

https://new.nicehash.com/miner/3DJhaQaKA6oyRaGyDZYdkZcise4b9DrCi2

Also, I don't know nothing about this adress owner, maybe someone in Nicehash.com?
Activity: 39
GUI is looking good. Keep up the good work.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Looks nice so far, any GUI is a big benefit since it goes a long way towards not scaring off newer less technically inclined miners.... Wink
Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Hi guys, i have spent a couple of days working on my own GUI for the excavator, its long way from finished but i wanted to show you what i have so far.
Currently i can't really move too much further than this as i am waiting for a critical API bugfix in the excavator.

What do you guys think of it so far?
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
What tool is suggested to make these api calls in win10?  Using api is new to me, but I wanted to play around with it.
Activity: 130
We 'may' in future add some another event that gets called when pool's connection is dropped.

I think this is a must feature, if you want to be competitive with other miner.
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
Quick question: how do you specify backup pools? something like this perhaps:

Code:
{"time":0,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","pool1:port1","credentials1"]},
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","pool2:port2","credentials2"]},
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","pool3:port3","credentials3"]}
]},

You need to handle backup pools via API in real time. There is no other option for now. You will not be able to cover that with command file. We 'may' in future add some another event that gets called when pool's connection is dropped.
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
You need to add workers for Sia, too. Try:

Hi, im not fussed about dual mining as these ASUS Strix cards are a POS, and cannot handle dual mining.

I want to get the hardware acceleration working.

What is the issue with not being able to run it in admin mode?

Im using V1.28a still same issue.

Can I see the screen shot of the miner during the initialization?

Without Admin Mode
http://prntscr.com/fn5hw0

Admin Mode

http://prntscr.com/fn5i36

I turned out that there was a bug in hardware acceleration. The new version is on its way.
Activity: 130
I've been using excavator 1.1.4a for equihash algo on nvidia cards 1060 3gb/6gb for a while now,...and finally decided to switch to you're newest version because of the modular api/web interface,...which is very good and the development of this project is definitely heading into the right direction. So great work devs!

Quick question: how do you specify backup pools? something like this perhaps:

Code:
{"time":0,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","pool1:port1","credentials1"]},
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","pool2:port2","credentials2"]},
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","pool3:port3","credentials3"]}
]},

Now regarding the performance,...when you calculate H/W ration the excavator is always the king,...
if you want raw speed regardless of power usage, then EWBF 0.3.4b is faster on 750ti and 1070, on 1060 is about the same, this info is regarding equihash only.
Activity: 85
Could any of the devs be so kind and look at this? https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/issues/16
Thank you!
Activity: 27
@zawawa

Is there any progress with the linux version?
Waiting impatiently  Roll Eyes
Activity: 98

Hi, im not fussed about dual mining as these ASUS Strix cards are a POS, and cannot handle dual mining.

Without Admin Mode
http://prntscr.com/fn5hw0

Admin Mode

http://prntscr.com/fn5i36

Activity: 68
Release v1.2.8 alpha - Causes the operating system to crash on computers with Nvidia.

You can fix the problem by deleting the library phymem.sys

Why do I need to download the library first, if it is not really needed by the application?
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

It may be high, but you earn about 15% more than any other pool + you are paid PPS - for each share.

https://new.nicehash.com/algorithm/daggerhashimoto

Really?

Nicehash is currently paying 0.0565 BTC/GH/Day

I'm mining ETH at ~260 MHs and that means~.0143 BTC/day on Nicehash

But on Ethermine, I get a bit more, without the 4% fee!

Can you please explain how cant I get 15% more on Nicehash?

With numbers, please?

Although 15% sounds a bit too exaggerated even to me, I would be curious as to how NiceHash actually compares against other pools.
I used ethermine.org as a user for a while, and I am under the impression that its predictions are not particularly reliable.
If the actual data shows that there is room for improvements, we will take care of it. No worries.

Ethermine's predictions are as flawed as Nicehash's... But in recent months, Ethermine as always been reliable. Therefore, a better pool for ETH than NH specially due to the much lower fee.
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer

Activity: 98

Pages:
Jump to: