Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 69. (Read 179269 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I have a single rig, gtx 1060 with a i7 and I am getting disconnects on nicehash and suprnova after a few minutes

[23:12:19][0x000017e4][info] device#0 | Initializing thread #0 (CUDA-Pascal) GeForce GTX 1060 3GB #0
[23:12:19][0x00001530][info] net | Connected!
[23:12:23][0x00001530][info] net | Connection lost! Reconnecting in 6 seconds
[23:12:29][0x00001530][info] net | Connecting to pascal.eu.nicehash.com:3358
[23:12:29][0x00001530][info] net | Connected!
[23:12:30][0x00001530][info] net | Connection lost! Reconnecting in 12 seconds
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
PascalCoin seems to mine my card hotter than ZEC does even at the same power limit. Voltage is in line with the TDP too.

Profitability is equal at the moment. Factor the extra heat and that glitch in my previous post and I will be sticking with ZEC for now
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Can we expect the next version with speed increase?
zjy
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
linux miner please
@ioglnx
we got offtopic

you know CPU usage on opencl pascal is due no one tested it on NV and fixed the bug? also pascal mining was not profitable on NV at all, and the wallet/coin is so big FUCKUP it prolly will never be again

Nicehash is only paying $1.20 a day for 1x gtx 1070 mining pascal.. Slow miner. No profit..

Even with stable hash rates and stable whattomine stats through the day, I notice NiceHash proits fluctuate a lot. I'd try again a few more times through the day before writing it off but 1.20 is quite low I never get that low on ZEC
GTX 1070 FTW
134mhz OC (234'ish over reference) 500mhz OC memory

50% TDP, 904 MH/s
79% TDP (maximum draw), 1016 MH/s

I have not played around with memory and core clocks to know what this coin prefers I am just using my ZEC setting. I seem to run into the problem where the miner or driver locks the card to 731mv and 1607 clock speeds (35% TDP) if I change my settings too much forcing me to restart my PC. I had this problem with ZEC before too
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
@ioglnx
we got offtopic

you know CPU usage on opencl pascal is due no one tested it on NV and fixed the bug? also pascal mining was not profitable on NV at all, and the wallet/coin is so big FUCKUP it prolly will never be again

Offtopic you complained about your weak gpu..i just told you that with the proper cpu you wont have this issue.
And this had nothing to do with the opencl at all..it is one piece of the puzzle. but looks like you wanna have the last freakin word of hot air.

Ok you are right, and still I am mining zcash, decret, cuda pascal, lbry, ethereum, FTC, + CPU mining at same time on rig of 5 x 1070 on dual core CPU with no issue at all

Because GPU miner should not and does not use CPU more then few %

pascal opencl for NV is broken, no one fixed it or try it to fix CPU usage, its stupid to have 8 core CPU on 6 GPU rig due same stupid bug

obviously you all should have gotten amd cards, then there would be no issue with the cpu load Wink

/sarcasm
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
@ioglnx
we got offtopic

Offtopic you complained about your weak gpu..i just told you that with the proper cpu you wont have this issue.
And this had nothing to do with the opencl at all..it is one piece of the puzzle. but looks like you wanna have the last freakin word of hot air.

Ok you are right, and still I am mining zcash, decret, cuda pascal, lbry, ethereum, FTC, + CPU mining at same time on rig of 5 x 1070 on dual core CPU with no issue at all

Because GPU miner should not and does not use CPU more then few %

pascal opencl for NV is broken, no one fixed it or try it to fix CPU usage, its stupid to have 8 core CPU on 6 GPU rig due same stupid bug
Activity: 574
Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum
@ioglnx
we got offtopic

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
@ioglnx
we got offtopic

Nicehash is only paying $1.20 a day for 1x gtx 1070 mining pascal.. Slow miner. No profit..
legendary
@ioglnx
we got offtopic

@
ioglnx

I can only say LOL!

I would invest 8 core CPU for my rigs if any benefit can be faund (expect the bugs)  Grin

But you see where u end up if you by cheap and not properly doing your math.
Its well known about resources required by mulit gpu setup.

In the end ..if I were you I would cry..or stop cry and accept the fact i saved on the wrong part.
*cough*

be serious man, none cuda nor proper opencl NV miner need more then 2 cores, my rigs are only for GPU mining and all proper miners works out of problem
as soon you point me to benefit from i7, its just CPU swap and I will do it, but for sure it will be not for crapy stupid pascal opencl bug

Obviously one benefit was I could run the sgminer without issues on 6 and 7 GPU rigs..while you couldnt and complained about it. Period ..proof given by your self haha.
legendary
@
ioglnx

I can only say LOL!

I would invest 8 core CPU for my rigs if any benefit can be faund (expect the bugs)  Grin

In the end ..if I were you I would cry..or stop cry and accept the fact i saved on the wrong part.
*cough*

be serious man, none cuda nor proper opencl NV miner need more then 2 cores, my rigs are only for GPU mining and all proper miners works out of problem
as soon you point me to benefit from i7, its just CPU swap and I will do it, but for sure it will be not for crapy stupid pascal opencl bug

and I was already thinking about i7 CPU if CPU mining would not be i INSANE due botnet and greedy assholes using AWS etc... shame on them
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
@
ioglnx

I can only say LOL!

I would invest 8 core CPU for my rigs if any benefit can be faund (expect the bugs)  Grin

*cough*

great read, haha Cheesy

a celeron/pentium is totally fine for multi gpu rigs, though
Its open for any pool so no need to opensource it at all.
Thanks NH for this support.
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
Slow.. My solominer is doing 1200++ with 0 cpu usage on the gtx 1070.. (+30%)

Why don't you open the source, and I can show you how I did it..

They'll just look at yours and see how you did it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501

We will not opensource it. Period.

The kernel is just publicly available one by pallas and modified so it supports 192 byte block header (according to stratum specs made by ocminer).
@
ioglnx

I can only say LOL!

*cough*
legendary
@
ioglnx

I can only say LOL!

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer

Pages:
Jump to: