Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 111. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
March 05, 2018, 09:24:53 AM
Keeping coins in wallets is safer. All of us many times heard and breaking of exchanges, about abduction of all money by owners of exchanges
Activity: 101
Merit: 0
March 05, 2018, 09:18:21 AM
Exchangers is the worst place to keep your coin. your coin can easily be stolen. please keep your coin in wallet where you have the private key.

1000% correct.
don't use exchange for storaging coins. no way.
me personally gave up using exchanges at all after all these hacks.
I found aggregator - coinmonkey.io . it is a sort of supermarket where you can buy many things, it has rates from major exchanges and you can use any of them for transactions.
and no registering or verification needed. just fast and safe. no exchanges.

Absolutely!

This has been said enough already. But just wanted to emphasize it.

If you're holding coins for long term - get a hardware wallet!   

If you're doing regular trading ( and know the risks) find a trustworthy exchange. Remember there is little help to get from anywhere if the exchange goes under or gets hacked.

well, you can hold coins for long time period but when something outstanding comes out - you just can not stay far from that. unfortunately you can not be 100% sure about any exchange safety. that's why such aggregators could be useful - you don't interact with exchange itself personally
Activity: 266
Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs
March 05, 2018, 09:05:18 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
If you want to trade,  obviously that is exchange and if you want to keep it, put it in an online wallet. It depends upon the person which is better or more efficient to them. If you are contented on what you have and is just waiting for the value to go up, storing in a wallet is the best strategy, but if you want it to grow higher and gain more, try trading.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
March 05, 2018, 08:49:53 AM
to store the coins we have will be more safely stored in a special wallet in accordance with the coins we have as an example we shed eth in MEW and exchange only for transition only
Activity: 604
Merit: 250
March 05, 2018, 08:45:25 AM
The point here is not far fetched at all. Keep your coins/funds in your wallets immediately when you are done trading them at Exchange, because of inevitability that may likely occurred to this exchange. So, hardly unless with carelessness can your coins be scammed in your encrypted wallets.
Activity: 490
March 05, 2018, 08:33:52 AM
I think better save in the wallet because if the save in exchange security is very weak and easy to hack. So I suggest when saving in the wallet and when on exchange only when selling coins only.
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
March 05, 2018, 08:06:55 AM
Exchange is not meant for storing our crypto currencies because there are chances for hacking our wallets easily so move your funds in to a hardware or software wallet then it will be safe forever.
Activity: 256
March 05, 2018, 08:04:33 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

I advise you never hold your money in exchanges, as the define of "exchange" it is place for change your money and not for long term holding. i hope i do not hear about money restriction in exchanges.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
March 05, 2018, 07:50:57 AM
safer of course on the purse, many cases now about the breaking of exchanges. so it's definitely better on your wallet
Activity: 700
Merit: 252
March 05, 2018, 07:48:30 AM
I have a question.

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

there is no big doubt in such a question, if you prefer long term trading/holding then chose the desktop wallet or even better hard wallet. But if you tend to participate/earn in daily tradings then you need all your crypto on some well established exchange. Also some exchanges have support for numerous coins (comes handy always).
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
March 05, 2018, 07:24:16 AM
Both have its different functionality and connection with each other. In terms of safety you should keep it on your wallet if you also want a long term you have full control on your coins. Exchange is the fast way to sell your coins and after that you still need to keep it on your wallet. So in short, it depends on what are planning to do with you coins, long term investment or short term always trading?
Activity: 458
Merit: 102
March 05, 2018, 07:20:34 AM
If you have a big amount of funds you have to think about wallet of course. It is not safe to keep your assets even in big trustable exchanges. But if you don't have a big amount of funds or if you are trading sometimes, you need to keep part of deposit in exchanges. It's better to have not one exchange and devide your money between them.
Activity: 182
Merit: 108
March 05, 2018, 05:58:35 AM
Exchangers is the worst place to keep your coin. your coin can easily be stolen. please keep your coin in wallet where you have the private key.

1000% correct.
I found aggregator - coinmonkey.io . it is a sort of supermarket where you can buy many things, it has rates from major exchanges and you can use any of them for transactions.

Absolutely!

This has been said enough already. But just wanted to emphasize it.

If you're holding coins for long term - get a hardware wallet!   

If you're doing regular trading ( and know the risks) find a trustworthy exchange. Remember there is little help to get from anywhere if the exchange goes under or gets hacked.
Activity: 101
March 05, 2018, 05:43:11 AM

1000% correct.
Activity: 196
Merit: 14
repme.io
March 04, 2018, 07:45:18 PM
Best option is always keep all your coins on wallet. More secure use Mobile/Desktop/Hardware/Paper wallet. Exchange for trading only. Don't save your coins for long time here.

Activity: 224
March 04, 2018, 09:02:57 AM
 It only depends on your needs but from my opinion I say that Wallet is better than Exchange because we can keep our assets in the Wallet safe & comfortably..
Activity: 468
March 04, 2018, 08:58:29 AM
I choose both. there are some of my tokens that I keep in the exchanger, there is also what I keep in the wallet. why I save in exchanger? because if at any time I want to buy altcoin, I don't have to bother to send it again. advice, if you want to keep investing, just save it in exhanger, if not better open a new wallet.
Activity: 350
Merit: 106
Telegram Moderator, Hire me
March 04, 2018, 08:50:53 AM
if you want to trade your coins exchange is best for you, and somewhat  if you want to convert your token into fiat you also transfer your tokens in an exchange, i think its better to put your funds directly into the exchange site, however though thats the case its better to have a wallet also just in case you want to hold your token for a long time and also you need wallet to put your bounty tokens like etherwallet to store your bounty tokens.
Activity: 364
March 04, 2018, 08:47:55 AM
In my opinion, it's safer to keep all your coins on a wallet, you can also keep them on the stock exchanges, but only if you want to sell them right away.
Activity: 812
Merit: 106
March 04, 2018, 08:45:46 AM
Keep on the stock exchanges only the money that you trade, put the rest to your wallets for keeping.
Jump to: