Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 109. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 256
March 10, 2018, 11:45:50 AM
I think you should store your assets in exchanger. Why?
Because there will be a moment, that you will heard an early hot good news of an coin, before the coin goes up, you can directly buy some for short profit.
I'm doing this trick. just follow the social media of some bitcoin news account and crypto experts account
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
March 10, 2018, 10:47:20 AM
If you're not using a hardware wallet, I recommend that you use an exchange wallet because it's safer and more reliable.

Activity: 205
March 10, 2018, 10:41:30 AM
There is a lot of difference between the  Exchange or Wallet.Wallet works like a bank account and works like a exchange market. Where you can sell and buy other coins with Etherium. If you want to sell tom token, use the  Exchange and Wallet to keep the token. So many of the importance of  Exchange and Wallet.
Activity: 275
Merit: 12
March 10, 2018, 10:34:02 AM
i think the best action is to put your crypto currency in exchange where you want to trade  or youy want to  buy and sell.Then the rest of the coins or token that you want to hold for a long period of time best plan is to move and keep in your wallet  to be safe and assurance to avoid of lossing it.
Activity: 90
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 10:30:35 AM
Very simple;
Exchange: You don't have the private key. Not safe.
Wallet : Safe forever , because you can control that coins.

Use Exchange for trading only.

I dont think having your cryptos in an exchange is any safe. Better to have it in your own wallet. Exchanges are exposed to being hacked.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 03:08:48 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

Two specific solution for both subject which are "EXCHANGE and WALLET" no other uses for these, WALLET is a ledger that having storage of your TOKEN, COINS and FIAT money while the Exchanges when you use it during the time you want to TRADE or you want sell your different token.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
March 10, 2018, 03:00:37 AM
Of course, the best solution for storing funds is a purse, and the best is a hardware wallet. But of course and the one that you have on your computer, too, will do. It seems to me that it's wonderful not to lose your money.
Activity: 336
March 10, 2018, 02:55:23 AM
I trust the wallet rather than the exchanger. because with the wallet we can use our own control and can keep our assets until whenever and more secure. different from unsafe exchanger and have been exposed to fraudulent indications from various exchangers.
Activity: 672
Merit: 1
March 10, 2018, 02:53:46 AM
If you are daily trader then exchanges are the good option but there is possibilities of hacking the coins any time by hackers on particular exchange.
But if you are not a daily trader or you want to hold your coins for long term for good return then wallet is the best option because in this offline wallet you are safe from hackers.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
March 09, 2018, 11:47:53 AM
The huge advantage is, that most of the tokens are created on the ERC-20 platform and are provided by one wallet. I recommend to buy a hardware-wallet, which allowes to store several dozens of tokens at one place. Exotic tokens in small quantities may be stored at popular exchanges. Only don't forget about 2FA  Wink
Actually about the security of wallet store cryptocurrency, I think core wallet is enough to help we have a safe wallet. It just depends on how to you using which device you used to store crypto. Secure that device careful, you do not have risk about stolen your coin.
Activity: 126
March 09, 2018, 09:56:28 AM
If I wanna to hold for long term.  I to keep private keys somewhere safe. Keeping your holdings in exchange can be big threat against your expectations regarding selling them for profit after some time
plr
Activity: 1162
Merit: 24
March 09, 2018, 09:37:44 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

I prefer to keep my coins in my wallet, I can secure it effectively, but with exchange, there is a chance of hacking, I only keep a portion of the coins that I am going to trade, there's a lot of hacking going on exchanges and you will have no control once it is hack.
Activity: 280
March 09, 2018, 09:27:01 AM
It may be hard for novice users to understand this principle, but a cryptocurrency wallet is not like a bank account. With a bank account, you rely on a third-party service provider to safeguard your funds. That is exactly what exchange wallets are, yet they do not let users spend their funds as they want. You always need “permission” from the exchange wallet service provider to move funds around, which is both annoying and risky.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
March 09, 2018, 09:23:19 AM
The huge advantage is, that most of the tokens are created on the ERC-20 platform and are provided by one wallet. I recommend to buy a hardware-wallet, which allowes to store several dozens of tokens at one place. Exotic tokens in small quantities may be stored at popular exchanges. Only don't forget about 2FA  Wink
BR0
copper member
Activity: 81
Merit: 13
SIGS CREATION SERVICE - https://goo.gl/ChWJFn
March 09, 2018, 09:21:39 AM
Saving all the coins in one exchange for me is not very recommended, because saving in exchange is very risky. If you want to save on an exchange, better keep it on a reputable exchange but you should still review it every day to keep funds safe there. I would recommend saving funds on a wallet.
Activity: 952
Merit: 274
March 09, 2018, 09:20:37 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
My advise is do not store your cryptocurrencies in exchangers. It is still safe if you will keep your cryptocurrencies in trusted wallets. Exchangers are not wallets, there are many exchangers that were been hacked by the hackers. You can ensure that your coins are safe if you will keep it in trusted wallets.
Activity: 294
March 09, 2018, 09:18:54 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

Holding for long term then use your own wallet.
Trading for profit use exchange wallet.

pros of own wallet is you have control on its private key
cons is it takes time and effort if you want to trade your coins for instance.
Activity: 602
March 09, 2018, 09:16:28 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

better to keep your coins on your own wallet that you have control on private key than keeping it on exchange. unless you are a day trader that trades coin for profit.
You are really right, because many users who were stored in the form of a coin on purses exchangers, very cool regret about it. There are times when you will simply lose me, And if you used this address in Bounty companies, you may not get your earned coins.
Activity: 434
Merit: 110
March 09, 2018, 09:13:26 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

better to keep your coins on your own wallet that you have control on private key than keeping it on exchange. unless you are a day trader that trades coin for profit.
Activity: 112
March 09, 2018, 09:06:02 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

Keeping private keys is better bc you don't have to worry about the exchange being hacked, being gone the next day because you are in control of your security. An alternative to using an exchange that holds private keys for you is keeping control over the private keys yourself and using a trading platform. Here is a company that is doing just that.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31823480
Jump to: