Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 107. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
March 11, 2018, 08:38:30 AM
In the long term, it is always better to hold the private key yourself.
Exchanges may fail, close, be hacked or seized. Your own wallets, if backed up correctly, won't.
Just be sure to learn about cold storage security and backups, a paper wallet or seed written on paper stored in a safe place is a good backup in case electronics fail, just remember to encrypt that with gpg and not to forget your password and gpg keys, which you can backup too.

Obviously if you intend to trade daily, it is more efficient (and risky) to have your coins on an exchange.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
March 11, 2018, 08:32:46 AM
This is according to your purpose bought that coin, if you would like hold by long term will be much better keep your coin in personal wallet that you own the private key because this way will be more safe than keep in exchange. But if you just want to buy and sell in short term will better keep in exchange so will be efisien and dont forget to use all security feature.
Activity: 370
March 11, 2018, 08:32:32 AM
i prefer wallet because it can be store you altcoin in no time and also you can store your wallet in exchanger but i think it is better to store your token in wallet because it is more safe
Activity: 980
Merit: 12
March 11, 2018, 08:26:13 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

A difficult question, here everyone decides for himself what he wants from the coin.
if I correctly understood the question, do you want to know, it's better to exchange different tokens into one coin or create a purse for each of the coins ...

1. Consider the option of transferring all coins and tokens into one, more weighty ...
Let's say you have 20 different tokens for some amount (say "N" of the etherium), you can exchange tokens for this eth, or you can keep them in coins. It all depends on the tokens, and on you. The tokens will jump in the price upside down (more often down), ask yourself if you are ready to hold tokens so that they grow in price, it can happen tomorrow, maybe in a week, a year or never at all, so the token may fall in value, or even generally depreciate ... From what it follows that your amount of "N" tokens also changes. This is a kind of game in which you do not know where the course will go, so it's up to you to keep tokens or exchange for ethereum and keep them on the eth, but remember that in the reverse order, you can exchange the ethereum for tokens. But do you need it ?!
2. Consider the option to keep all the tokens on different wallets and not to transfer them into one expensive coin. You need a lot of time (at first) to track the course of each of the coins, you must understand that the coin may fall tomorrow or it may rise, it needs to be tracked ... Of course, let's take Forex, for example, there teams of professional analysts can not predict the dollar ... one dollar only for a while, and you will need to track dozens of different coins, all alone. Of course, sometimes the expectation of yourself pays off and the coin you saved and continued to grow will bring a very good amount, and you will be happy, but read the forums, ask the Holders, I think that such a percentage of tokens is very low.

Following from this you decide what to do, do not take the advice of other people, it's luck. Someone is lucky, some do not, and it's better to spend more time and understand what's what, read various materials.

This is all my personal opinion, someone might disagree with me. I hope you will benefit from my answer if I understand your question correctly!
Good luck!
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
March 11, 2018, 07:03:17 AM
I think there is no need to keep ur coins/token in an Exchange. There have been numerous cases when people simply lost the money because the exchange was hacked or the exchange closed. As for me, u can store ur coins in a wallet where u have full access.
Activity: 168
March 11, 2018, 06:49:32 AM
Exchange site can be hacked by attacker (binance, ...). Wallet web also can be hacked, you can hold your coin in app wallet or hardware wallet.
Activity: 57
March 11, 2018, 06:36:55 AM
I'm helping the folks at Gnosis out with this survey about token/cryptocurrency exchanges: https://lnkd.in/dcEhpKY

If you have five minutes to spare, it would be great if you can share your thoughts with them.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
March 11, 2018, 05:45:20 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

to store bitcoin or other coin for long term I better keep it in bitcoin wallet directly as its example blockchain.info but for short term you can use exchane wallet.
Activity: 420
March 11, 2018, 05:36:29 AM
I would be rather to choose exchange instead of wallet. In exchange you can obtain a higher income and instant income in just a fast period of time so it is better to choose to obtain a better life in future.
Activity: 265
March 10, 2018, 06:31:11 PM
I prefer an exchanger to save my digital assets, I am sure it will be much safer because it requires several additional verification times, and there are some customer service that can be contacted if there are any obstacles
Activity: 165
March 10, 2018, 06:26:21 PM
I have a question.

Thanks
Keep your coin on exhanges because if your coin pump so much sell it and wait for the dump then buy so your coin amount will increase not like on wallet.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
March 10, 2018, 06:11:53 PM
I have a question.

Thanks
Keeping your coins in your wallet is far safer than keeping them in an Exchange.
Exchanges can get shut down, can get hacked and ultimately you will lose your money and you didn't even do anything wrong.
On the other hand, your wallet is also at risk when it comes to viruses and hackers.
Either way, you must be cautious.
Activity: 490
March 10, 2018, 06:09:59 PM
If you are a trader then you can store your coins on the exchange, and at the end of the working day return them to your wallet.  If you do not trade, then store coins on a hardware wallet.
Activity: 924
March 10, 2018, 06:00:56 PM
If you want trade or sell your coin - exchange. But if you plan long time keep and you are investor - wallet better (but with safety access, like ledgerwallet)
Activity: 642
Merit: 259
March 10, 2018, 05:56:42 PM
do not trust any exchange. a few days ago we all saw what happened in the binance market. or how mtgox is sinking and what is happening on the market right now.
even the largest exchange is not entirely safe. most safe to keep in your own wallets
Activity: 350
March 10, 2018, 05:36:53 PM
wallets are always best option to save coins , bcoz exchanges are prone to hack and if hack occurs on large scale , then you will lost everything ..
but people do open phishing sites by mistakes and wallets also can be compromised.
so always check url properly .

if you are new in crypto and amount is big then buy hardware wallets .
Activity: 420
REPUBLIA PRE-SALE : Aug 23rd
March 10, 2018, 05:34:27 PM
Hello! On my opinion better and more safety is use wallet but no any guarantees! A lot of people make some simple mistakes! Hope you think about latest new - ED was hacked and other exchanges etc. Exchanges can close and there is no any chances to out your assets in this case!
Activity: 182
PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT
March 10, 2018, 05:17:22 PM
I think it all depends on the credit of the trust of the wallet and the exchange. I keep my tokens in the RL wallet - they have a full-fledged ethereum-wallet!

Partially agree but it is still depends because when we are doing trade of course we are keeping our coins in the temporary wallets that is coin exchange wallets but it does not mean it is ok and safe for keeping it for a long time because coin exchange are vulnerable to hacks and attacks and could result into losing your coins.
If you are not planning to trade your coins for a long time then it's better you would keep it on your personal wallets
Activity: 182
PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT
March 10, 2018, 05:10:40 PM
I have a question.

Keeping your coins in exchange wallet is very risky because there's a lot of incidents that when the coin exchange is being attacked - the result after the event is uses are losing their coins. '
its too risky because wallets on coin exchanges are temporary and local wallets are more safe than temporary wallets.
Activity: 126
March 10, 2018, 05:07:55 PM
I think it all depends on the credit of the trust of the wallet and the exchange. I keep my tokens in the RL wallet - they have a full-fledged ethereum-wallet!
Jump to: