Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 121. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 689
Merit: 102
February 25, 2018, 02:27:29 PM
You should decide by yourself according to turnover of your coins. A large amount of your coins for long term savings should be put in wallet. It is more safety.
Activity: 137
Merit: 3
February 25, 2018, 02:11:08 PM
prefer wallet, exchanger not really safe and can scam anytime
better use wallet, you can control key thats more safe.

Thats completely my view, at the moment it is better to use wallets, hope Binance is starting their DEX soon.
My favourite decentraliced exchange right now is Waves.
I expect a lot from Waves this year, they are going to be big!
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
RedKLess
February 25, 2018, 02:02:12 PM
prefer wallet, exchanger not really safe and can scam anytime
better use wallet, you can control key thats more safe.
Activity: 359
Merit: 100
Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC
February 25, 2018, 02:01:44 PM
I am not an expert. But no more safer than keeping your coins inside your wallet. I am not saying it is not hackable. It is if they got your private key and password. Putting your coins in an exchange is risky. Risky in a way that an exchange has a large chance of being hack than your wallet. So limit what you are going to put in the exchange.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
February 25, 2018, 01:59:43 PM
You really need a lot of reading to do to get this.
How about news from exchanges that are closing down?
Mt. Gox and some more. Other are still open but have too many negative feedback because of coins that are missing.
The wallet is the best choice. You will just have to protect your private key and make sure no one gets it.

I bet you wont give it to anyone except if you are a fool.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
February 25, 2018, 01:57:14 PM
maybe , u can use waves wallet to save assets like a eth , btc and other altcoin in waves wallet , they are can safetly , and if u wanna money u can sell in dex , one wallet all function .
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
February 25, 2018, 01:53:52 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

definitely wallet as you have full control over your money that way. if you hold coins on exchange, they can prevent you from withdrawing your funds basically for any reasons.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
February 25, 2018, 01:52:42 PM
if you are planing to trade everyday than exchange is the only solution for you.
But if you are a hodler you can use own wallets or hardware wallets
Activity: 392
February 25, 2018, 01:46:28 PM
For me, plus a wallet in that it is more protected . Wallets are generally a better idea for long-term.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 306
February 25, 2018, 01:36:10 PM
In fact, you can lose your coins both on the exchange and in your wallet. Everywhere there are risks. But on the stock exchanges of course, these risks are largely independent of you personally. So for trading and short-term investments, of course crypto exchange, for HODL wallet and better cold, hardware or even paper.
Activity: 476
February 25, 2018, 01:34:41 PM
somehow, I feel safer to keep the assets I have on the exchangers, and I can also sell them any time when there is an urgent need. but it all depends on you
Activity: 278
Merit: 115
GIF by SOCIFI
February 25, 2018, 01:33:24 PM
Exchanges are just the place for you to make a buy / sell action and that is just a temporary place to keep your assets. The safest way is to store the property on the wallet
Activity: 443
https://streamies.io/
February 25, 2018, 01:33:13 PM
I would prefer storing your coins in the wallet rather than saving it on exchange. My coins are safely stored in my wallet and so far my coins are still secured. Many users have already proven that it is much safe in wallets, but it depends on the wallet we will choose.
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
February 25, 2018, 01:26:51 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

I just got my bar tokens frozen in Tidex.
Also hearing that a lot of exchanges are being hacked .

hence - go with wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 25, 2018, 01:15:34 PM
Basically , If you're purchasing coin from a exchange and planning to hold it long term its better to put it on wallet that has some private keys for the safety of the coins. But if your planning on a short term trading better to leave it on exchange sites. Better to use secured exchanges for trading and storing some coins.
Activity: 406
Merit: 106
February 25, 2018, 01:11:19 PM
It depend on you are long term or short investing. If you are a long term investor i advise you should store all coin which you buy in your wallet, this will safer than. But if you are a trader, of course you have to store your coin in exchange, this will help you saving fee deposit and withdraw.
Activity: 462
February 25, 2018, 10:21:12 AM
I think wallet is safer than exchange. because Etherdelta has been  hacked many times and it has been closed for ten days. there is safety exchange in cryptocurrency for example Kucoin and binance etc.
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 25, 2018, 09:23:43 AM
I myself have some consideration of one of the storage period. if you want to be stored for a long time, I think you should keep it in the wallet of the coin. but if temporarily stored in a short time, better save it in the wallet exchange, to make it easier to sell (no need to deposit again).
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
February 25, 2018, 09:20:26 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
In my opinion both of them are safe and both of them are risky Because I already faced the loss ( not in case of etherium for long time ) .
In the starting of year 2013 when I was newbie in field of cryptourrency then I made my wallet in coinbase and also I connected that wallet to the btcjam site , but someone hacked my account of btc jam and transferred my btc automatically from coinbase to his account as a loan that was totally shocking thing for me to get scammed where no one helped me ( coinbase and btcjam both ) .
And once etherium coin was steal by hackers from every exchange that was proving that nothing is safe , so we can understand well that we should remain always ready for any type of scam , but still mr. Vitilk refunded etherium of same amount that was steal by the hackers as an componsation .
Activity: 350
February 25, 2018, 09:08:45 AM
for my own I prefer the wallet to save my coin because it is quite safe while the market to sell it.
Jump to: