Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 124. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 226
Merit: 0
February 25, 2018, 05:27:24 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
It depends on what do you want. It is just a case to case basis. If you want a long term investment then you must create your wallet. It is best if it is offline wallet, a hardware wallet. If you observe you can get a big profit, then trade right away. You just need to be observant and be strategic.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
February 25, 2018, 05:15:37 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

Personal wallet is likely the most recommended but not that online wallet like myetherwallet but you should use the offline type like Nano Ledger in which a hardware wallet. If exchange and its wallet will be compromise, it will same with the personal online wallet in which booth can be compromise and can do an inside job scenarios.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
February 25, 2018, 05:11:14 AM
I believe that if you invest in a long time, it is necessary to create a wallet for each of your coins. It is difficult, but so your money will be safe, because the exchanges have a lot of problems and they are not suitable for long-term storage.
Activity: 34
February 25, 2018, 05:07:59 AM
When you have made money from investing in altcoins, you may keep at your wallet or at exchange agent.This decision depends on you. If you want to hold it within several months to come, it will be better and safer to keep it at your wallet.you have full controll on it and at any time you can cash or transfer to another. While keeping at exchanger, will be more risky because you can not controll it directly. This is my short idea and advice.
Activity: 246
Merit: 1
February 25, 2018, 04:57:57 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
If you want to trade, then definitely you need to keep money on the stock exchange. And you want to invest and leave coins for a long time, then I would recommend using wallets. and I use a few wallets, for greater security investments.
Activity: 173
Merit: 12
February 25, 2018, 04:53:29 AM
It depends on what coins you want to keep for the long term.

These coins which form your long term investments must be kept in your own wallet and in a hardware wallet if supported.

For those coins that you are trading, then keep on the exchanges.

It is important to evaluate what are the coins you are really thinking of keeping for the long term.. if you are having a problem keeping track, then it probably means you have too many on your portfolio.

Any exchange can also close down.. so pls be careful when storing coins on the exchanges.
Activity: 2
February 25, 2018, 04:21:37 AM
I plan to buy some crypto currencies, but I don’t know which wallet l can trust. I use iOS, Android and a Mac platforms. Could you please recommend something that will fit my needs?
Activity: 280
Merit: 108
February 25, 2018, 04:19:54 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

I think if you're not trading every day, it's best to open a wallet for every coin. The exchange may close, and the purse in this regard is safer.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
https://adonx.one
February 25, 2018, 03:30:40 AM
I prefer to keep my all asset in exchange, so i can trade it immediately to make more money. But to be more safe, i use multiple exchange centralized and decentralized exchange, and also use security feature of all exchange. This is will minimize the risk.
Activity: 504
February 25, 2018, 03:15:27 AM
Exchanges are always subject to hacking which many believe that the owners who are behind and just made up the hacking incident. So just keep it on your wallet because the only person you can trust is yourself.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
February 25, 2018, 01:59:41 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

for my usual trading using the onsite market wallet but to keep it long term I would rather keep in blockchain.info wallet for Bitcoin and MyEtherWallet for ETH and other token based on ETH.
I think its better if you put it to your wallet because there's a chance to grow much more your coin and if it grows than before then exchange it. Giving a chance to your coins to grow by putting it in the wallet, possible you can get more profit. But make sure your wallet is very safe because there's many hackers can get all your coins to your wallet, just be careful dont give your personal information.
Activity: 168
February 25, 2018, 01:49:21 AM
I keep them in wallets and put them on exchange when needed and effective on profit. Because all put on the exchange can be evaporated quickly.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
February 25, 2018, 01:48:55 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
Ask yourself this question whether you bought a coin for a long time or not, if so then keep it on your purses just not online wallets, it's extremely risky. If for a short period of time they received a difference and were led out through the stock exchanges with a minimum commission.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
February 25, 2018, 01:48:35 AM
depending on the amount of storage
if you save more than 1000 USD, I recommend using wallet hardware, because it is safer
while if under 1000 USD you can use a wallet exchanger or personal wallet, both are the same ..

always be careful with everyone
Activity: 147
Merit: 10
February 25, 2018, 01:45:39 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

you can divide your assets into 2 category, 1 category to trade and another one for holding, so in this conditions you can tarde and protect your moneys. do not deposit all of your trading money only in one or two exchanges becuase some of them maybe will scam and you losses your money. you can deposit in more than 4 exchange for more protect and trade with 10% of your assets. and in this conditions there are no risk Threatening your money
Activity: 504
February 25, 2018, 01:32:09 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

for my usual trading using the onsite market wallet but to keep it long term I would rather keep in blockchain.info wallet for Bitcoin and MyEtherWallet for ETH and other token based on ETH.
Activity: 197
Merit: 10
February 25, 2018, 01:17:13 AM
hi guys! what is the most secure exchange now? could you help me with selection Huh
Activity: 392
February 25, 2018, 12:32:18 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

From my own opinion it’s better to keep your coins in any safe wallet be it your ledger or any coldwallet available
Having  your  coins on an exchange you might risk certain things for example hacking. A lot of exchanges have been hacked of recent and this might lead to the loss of this coins you’ve been storing also your coins or tokens my stand the risk of being delisted from the exchange where you store them, and if you are not an active trader you might not know and might come back and find out your coins are no where to be found because you probably missed the deadline to transfer to another exchange.

So it’s more advisable to store your coins in safe and secured wallets instead of an exchange.
Activity: 93
February 25, 2018, 12:08:48 AM
 Your wallet only stores your crypto. It’d just be a reference point for the exchanges telling them that send x amount from wallet 111 to wallet 222. Or you buy a crypto and instruct them to deposit in wallet 111.
These would explain in more detail. What are Wallets?( https://www.ethnews.com/wallets  What are Exchanges? ( https://www.ethnews.com/exchanges ).
Activity: 303
POS / PRIMENODES
February 24, 2018, 06:45:16 PM
I am more of a long-term holder and I keep it in hardware wallet. Before I bought it, I was using wallets. It is very rare for me to keep in exchange. I don’t think it is safe enough.
Jump to: