Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 122. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
February 25, 2018, 09:03:44 AM
If you do not trade on the stock exchange, it is better to store your coins in your wallet. No exchange can guarantee you 100% safety of your deposit. Therefore, it is better to store coins in your wallet.
Activity: 1079
Merit: 352
February 25, 2018, 08:59:56 AM
If you have a large fund that's cant' you risk, it's better to keep it at your own wallet, but if you can afford to lose it from hacking, spoof etc better and want to trade more go with an exchange
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
February 25, 2018, 08:57:05 AM
The first rule of the cryptocurrency club - never hold your coins on exchanges Grin The only case when coins can be stored on the exchange - you trade small amounts. Otherwise, you will spend too much money on commissions to transfer coins from wallet to exchange.
Activity: 177
Merit: 0
February 25, 2018, 08:55:58 AM

wallets provides that extra security needed to protect and keep your coins safe, it also makes it difficult for your activities to be traced, as long as the key is kept safe and private, you can be sure that the encryption in your wallet will keep your crypto safe. exchange on the other hand is prone to hacking as the keys and the currency are held by the exchange company. it the company's security system isn't as good then the currencies stored aren't safe
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
February 25, 2018, 08:51:48 AM
You should definitely keep it on your personal wallet. Personal wallets and exchanges has risks but exchanges has a higher risk!
Keeping your coins on an exchange is really risky especially if you have big amount. Even the exchange is trusted your funds are not safe on it and they can't guarantee that they can protect it all the time but when something wrong goes on and they are hacked, there's a chance that you can also lose funds.
Activity: 295
February 25, 2018, 08:49:46 AM
For the airdrop you provide a wallet like myetherwallet.
Activity: 402
Merit: 19
February 25, 2018, 08:41:19 AM
You should definitely keep it on your personal wallet. Personal wallets and exchanges has risks but exchanges has a higher risk!
Activity: 434
February 25, 2018, 08:40:58 AM
I use a purse, because for me it is the best and reliable way. On the exchange, I would not advise you to keep all your money, even half I do not advise. Only that what you are trading at the moment.
Activity: 308
February 25, 2018, 08:39:40 AM
If you just keep, then of course a better purse. Only you can access the wallet, unlike the exchange. The exchange can close in six months, and no one will return you anything!
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
February 25, 2018, 08:29:40 AM
I would not use an exchange to keep my coins long term but for day trading they are fine. Just make sure you are using a reputable exchange with decent security measures.
Activity: 350
Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico
February 25, 2018, 08:16:10 AM
Wallet is more safer then an exchange. But it depends on your use of the currency. it depends on what you gonna do with your coin, trading or only holding.
If you holding the coin transfer those to a hard wallet and keep it safe.but if you wants to trade left them on exchange.
Activity: 486
Merit: 250
February 25, 2018, 08:13:06 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

It depends what you want to do. If you want to trading your coin then keep it on an exchange and bear the risk of losing due to hack or getting your account locked or something. but If you want to HODL your coin for long term then wallet is best as you have total control over your assets. because only wallet give you private key and the private key take only you can access that asset. Wink Smiley
Activity: 57
February 25, 2018, 07:55:13 AM
Your number 1 priority should be keeping your money safe - so I'd definitely say that a wallet combined with a decentralized exchange should generally be your best bet, even if it makes trading a bit trickier.  If you need an exchange because of lower rates or more options or whatever, take the tokens off the exchange as quickly as possible.  Some of these exchanges are super-sketchy and are definitely going to be losing people a lot of money at some point.
Activity: 210
February 25, 2018, 07:53:53 AM
Keep it in wallet is better for security. But if you want to trade your coins, keep it them in exchange
Activity: 226
February 25, 2018, 07:52:36 AM
It depends what you want to do. If you want to trade then obviously an exchange. If you want to hold then wallet is best as you have total control over your assets. You have the keys to access wallet and you can send where you want.Some holders are having problems getting funds released from certain exchangers.
Yes it is true the difference between that two when you are going to trade you must choose an exchange and if you keep your tokens/coins just you have a private wallet and keep it first.Thats only my thought.
Activity: 113
February 25, 2018, 07:51:06 AM
It depends on what do you do usually! if you just HOLD then its better to keep all on your cold wallet (not connected to internet)

but if you trade, its ok to leave on the Exchange, proven that:

-the exchange has never been hacked before
-has reputable standards of security
-your trading budget its less than your holding

always keep it safe if you can!
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
February 25, 2018, 07:39:24 AM
If you are not trading, it is not advised to keep your coins in exchanges. It is better to use the official wallets to store coins for the long term and keep those coins you want to trade daily in exchanges. You will never know when will the exchanges have problems and close down suddenly.
Activity: 406
homt.net
February 25, 2018, 07:35:06 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

Different wallet for each coin, when you want to hold coins.
Such as Dogecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin, Waves.
There are different wallet for each coins.
But if you would like to trade, then obviously you need to use an exchange wallet.
Its depend on which type work you want to do.
Activity: 364
February 25, 2018, 07:22:19 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
It depends on who you are, i mean if you are a trader then of course you will go for an exchange because that is where you store you crypto while if you are an investor it is advisable to store your crypto in a wallet and when you decide to sell then you can always go to an exchange of your choice.
Activity: 192
Merit: 3
February 25, 2018, 07:21:03 AM
If in my opinion you better keep the coins on the Exchange site, But it's up to you I just want to give an opinion, And if you want to do trading,
In My opinion Choose two exchangers where you want to take advantage of price differences. I am advice is one from the international market, one from the local market.
 The local market has an arbitration appeal because it tends to be slower in adjusting prices so that its movements are more predictable and exploited.
Jump to: