Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 141. (Read 8738 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 36
February 12, 2018, 02:16:49 PM
due to the nature of my portfolio (50% long-term, 30% ico, 20% speculative), i hold the same 50/30/20 ratio in ledger nano (cold wallet), mew (for icos) and exchanges (trading) respectively.

There's always a risk to put ur coins on exchanges. For one, i recently lost ard 5k from coins held on coinsmarkets when it went down (not sure if it's ever coming back), solely because i was too lazy to stake my own coins and coinsmarkets had a coins staking feature.

Always prepare for the worst. So u wun regret.

Activity: 406
Merit: 20
February 12, 2018, 02:07:06 PM
It is better to store your coins in a wallet. Once a trading platform is hacked say goodbye to your beloved coins. Though having your coins in an exchange is quite advantageous too, let's say the price of the coin suddenly went up, you can easily trade it. Having it in your wallet, it will need quite some time to be confirmed and during this time price might have already dropped.
If you're in with holding the coin for a long time, store it in a wallet, and just trade it whenever you're ready or you really need to.
Activity: 350
Merit: 39
dApps Development Automation Platform
February 12, 2018, 02:04:27 PM
Hello!The better is probaly wallet,and save ur stuff on cold storage i decide trezor the bestest way to save ur staff and secure.Echange is good only in one way,tobuy fast tokens if they grow up becose u dont need to transfer fiat or token to ur excnage to buy tokens,why not secure becose exchanges can fail or be hacked more often..Good luck!
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
February 12, 2018, 02:03:10 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

The best practice is to keep only those funds on exchange that you want to day trade or hold on mid term. For other assets and long term investments is better to use cold wallets.
Activity: 532
Merit: 13
February 12, 2018, 02:01:15 PM
It depends what you want to do. If you want to trade then obviously an exchange. If you want to hold then wallet is best as you have total control over your assets. You have the keys to access wallet and you can send where you want.Some holders are having problems getting funds released from certain exchangers.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Janinjo tips
February 12, 2018, 01:55:57 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: