Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 18. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
July 04, 2018, 11:52:53 AM
If the conversation is about where it is best to store your money, then it's best to do it on remote or cold devices. I think that such an opportunity will be the safest. Because I believe that today there are no 100% secure systems.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Infleum
July 04, 2018, 05:40:25 AM
It depends on what exchange or wallet, for example if you use MEW with Trezor or Binance exchange it is safe. But if you only have MEW private key or you keep a large amount of money on a small exchange, it is dangerous.
Activity: 84
July 04, 2018, 05:36:42 AM
in my opinion to store your tokens in your wallet, whether online or offline rather than on the exchange. I think the wallet is safer and because I am a long-term coin holder.
There are some examples that stocks are hacked and losing investors' money.
Activity: 126
July 04, 2018, 05:02:12 AM
Yes the best practice is to keep only those funds on exchange that you want to day trade or hold on mid term. For other assets and long term investments is better to use cold wallets.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
July 04, 2018, 04:59:55 AM
I keep my big investments in the hardware wallet with ledger Nano s, but I keep small investments in the exchange
Activity: 45
July 04, 2018, 04:56:30 AM
I prefered wallet. Because i use for now myeherwallet compatible in ERC20 . All tokens are compatible in erc20 i can recieve.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
July 03, 2018, 06:11:46 AM
I think it all depends on the level of risk that you are willing to accept, of course I'll write everything that is more reliable to store on a purse but to overtake coins there is also not an interesting occupation, so it is better to have both there and there
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
July 03, 2018, 06:10:08 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

There are tokens or coins to sell and to hold.
Those tokens you want to hold long will remain in your wallet for better security.
but those token you want to have day trade or targetting a price to sell in the near future is better at an exchange.
just be careful in sending tokens from wallet to exchange! make sure the address is right.
Activity: 154
July 03, 2018, 06:08:14 AM
What you want to do depends on what you want to trade in your wallet or if you want the most beautiful cvp you want to trade if you want to trade another way if you are pushing your wallet I think you will be a winner for both of you.
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
July 03, 2018, 05:58:19 AM
Keeping one's coin on exchange sites can sometimes be risky, because there are some of these sites that are liable to hack. Although, exchange site will enable you to trade your coin at any time. I prefer my wallet more.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
July 03, 2018, 05:24:40 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

Of course, the very safe and most uses were the wallet from myetherwallet not on those private key and ethereum addresses in in any exchange market out there. So i suggest that you go for wallet and not exchanges.
Activity: 107
July 03, 2018, 05:24:13 AM
Will for me there lot of news that exchanger is been hack. Thats why i prefer to choose a wallet like metamask and myetherwallet.
Activity: 65
Merit: 1
July 03, 2018, 05:22:01 AM
Personal wallet always. As they say, if you do not have the private key, then it's not your coins/tokens.
If you are looking for a quick sell, then I think it's fine to let them on exchanges then cash out.
But for the purpose of keeping and security, always store them in your personal wallet.
Activity: 83
July 03, 2018, 05:21:06 AM
I suggest to open a wallet and keep your coin till it price becomes high.  There is no assurance that the exchange will no close even though it has many traders or it might fail and your coin will not be refund. But when you put it on exchange there's no problem or hassle on trading or transferring your coin.
Activity: 21
July 03, 2018, 05:20:00 AM
wallet. I do not trust the exchange. I can hold long term
Activity: 529
Merit: 250
July 03, 2018, 05:09:48 AM
As for me, I prefer to keep my money safe on wallet, because there are more cases of exchange's fail than wallet fail.
Activity: 519
Merit: 101
July 03, 2018, 05:03:01 AM
I have a question.

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

It is okay to store coins in wallet or exchangers but I like store my coins in exchangers because when the times comes that I want to sell my coins, I will just set it any time that I want. If it is in my wallet, fee in transferring will be my another problem plus the time it takes to transfer the coin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
July 03, 2018, 04:53:40 AM
I never ever trust a central stock exchange. I do not recommend it to anyone. everyone is responsible for their own money. attract long-term investments
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
July 03, 2018, 04:45:21 AM
Still i chooses wallet to store my Crypto currencies cause exchanges are often being attacked by a serial hacker even the big one is not safe so it's better for us to deposit our Altcoin to a known wallet like a hardware one i recommend to you nano ledger it's the best hardware wallet out there you can try it out just search store online on google make sure it is a trusted one.
Activity: 151
July 03, 2018, 04:43:21 AM
If you pay attention, exactly one year ago the list of the best exchanges was completely different. This suggests that any exchange may eventually fail or be hacked. Therefore, I would recommend storing fixed assets on cold wallets, and on exchanges to keep only what you are going to sell or exchange - so it will be safer for you. Also try to use official coin purses, as multi-purses may not be very reliable for long-term storage.
Pages:
Jump to: