Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 16. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
July 10, 2018, 10:06:44 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

both equally useful, unable to choose between them. because the exchange and wallet have different functions, wallet is where we keep the coins we have while the exchange is a place to exchange .. so they both are needed.
Activity: 142
Merit: 10
July 10, 2018, 09:34:16 AM
maybe for my own right now I prefer the stock to store altcoin that we have and of course altcoin must have high security level with so tokens that we have will be safe.
Activity: 210
July 10, 2018, 09:00:26 AM
I think it is not safe in the exchange wallet, it is more safer when it is on our own wallet, with this we can easily monitor our tokens we had.
Activity: 266
July 10, 2018, 08:54:49 AM
The safest way is hold in wallet. But if you want to trade frequently, dont need to hold it in wallet. My coins that use for trading are holded in exchange.
Activity: 75
July 10, 2018, 08:49:20 AM
Because I recommend long-term investment, you'd better use a wallet because the wallet is more secure and it's very likely that the trading platform will be hacked.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1
July 10, 2018, 04:48:01 AM
Exchanges are not suitable for long-term storage of cryptocurrency at all. In this situation, your funds are in constant danger. Exchanges are more secure and less secure. And even more secure exchanges do not guarantee you the safety of funds. Wallet only.
Activity: 280
July 10, 2018, 03:18:41 AM
so far, I still keep my coins at the exchanges but for bitcoin, I save it in my personal wallet in bitcoin-qt. I save in the exchanges is because I am trying to trade although I don't trade in every day, I think I can sell it when the price increase and I can directly to buy the coin if the coin is down. so far, it works well for me and I still continue to do this.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
July 10, 2018, 03:16:57 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
There are things I am considering in saving my coins. If i will put my coins in my MEW, it can viewed through etherscan by some other people and can be targeted by hackers. So I hate it. In exchangers the good thing is it can be easily set if we want to cpnvert it. But in some exchangers coins are gone. So it is not really sqfe anywhere.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
July 10, 2018, 03:12:14 AM
I have a question.

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
It is better to keep your coins in your wallet if you plan to hold it for a certain period of time. There are some cons if you keep your coin without the plan of trading it, just keeping it in an exchange, one of which is the risk of exchange being hacked and exchange stopped with their operation.
copper member
Activity: 126
July 10, 2018, 03:11:14 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

If you join a beneficial exchange site, it's definitely a plus for you.

You can get a lot of benefits, when you participate in new altcoin whitelist programs!

If you sign up, you will be given a referral code, and you could earn a part of your recommendees’ transaction fees!

To learn more about Ruby Exchange, visit our official channels from below!
Official Website: https://ruby-x.io/intro
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
July 10, 2018, 02:52:48 AM
If you trade frequently, you'd better keep your coins in exchange.
It is not a good idea to keep your coins in exchange for a long time.
It is a worse idea to withdraw and deposit all the time.
Activity: 77
July 10, 2018, 12:43:12 AM
If you wanna to hold for long term  my advice is to keep private keys somewhere safe. Keeping your holdings in exchange can be big threat against your expectations regarding selling them for profit after some time
Activity: 224
July 09, 2018, 02:51:47 PM
I prefer wallets. exchanges are very often attacked by hackers. therefore, it is very dangerous to keep money on the exchange. in addition, exchanges may impose a restriction on the withdrawal of funds. for example, you may be required to provide proof of personal information. or you may lose data from your account.
Activity: 176
July 09, 2018, 02:36:23 PM
I will share my experience. Coins are stored in one purse. I'm not creating a new one.
Activity: 196
July 09, 2018, 03:14:48 AM
It is better to store your coins in a wallet. Once a trading platform is hacked say goodbye to your beloved coins. Though having your coins in an exchange is quite advantageous too, let's say the price of the coin suddenly went up, you can easily trade it. Having it in your wallet, it will need quite some time to be confirmed and during this time price might have already dropped.
If you're in with holding the coin for a long time, store it in a wallet, and just trade it whenever you're ready or you really need to.
Activity: 882
Merit: 253
July 09, 2018, 02:33:38 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

It is okay for me to use both exchanger and eth wallets. We both know that our coins is not safe in any of it. I do not put all my coins in only one wallet for safety. If the wallet is hacked, at least not all my coins will be gone. Coins in exchangers can be set easily if I need money or if its price increase.
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
July 09, 2018, 02:28:40 AM
What's your guys' opinion on Jaxx wallet? I've been using it a bit lately.
Activity: 331
Merit: 100
July 09, 2018, 02:26:56 AM
I’d like to sell token then to in the exchange ethereum or bitcoin. According to me a little more risks with the way. Because of his age token is not necessarily can last long. While with the coin like bitcoin or ethereum can still survive although the price is falling
Activity: 420
July 09, 2018, 02:12:14 AM
For shitcoins i am using exchanges.
Very hard to use many full nodes on pc for shitcoins, all other good coins i am store in paper wallets
Activity: 57
July 09, 2018, 02:08:50 AM
its better you put funds on exchange if you are planning to buy again coins or buy back coins that you sell some and wait for their dip. but if you want to  hold it a little longer maybe its a good thing to put it in your wallet, there is some hacker issue in some exchange and who knows the exchange was hacked and your funds are there, but for me i do prefer to hold it in my wallet Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: