Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 54. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 3
May 16, 2018, 07:53:44 AM
All coins I am HODLing I put mine on my Ledger Wallet. The safest way to store your coins. Cashing out little amounts from exchange will get pretty costly so up to a few hundred I leave on the exchange until I find it worthwhile cash them out and store on the Ledger.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
May 16, 2018, 07:50:12 AM
it depends on the value of the coin . if it's worth less than a hundred dollars . i will put it on the exchange . if it's worth more than a hundred dollars , it's best to store it in a cold wallet .
Activity: 319
Merit: 10
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
May 16, 2018, 07:40:27 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

I think it goes without saying that keeping coins in offline wallets is safer. Exchage can be hacked or may suffer some technical problems or may happen something else that you can not control. But you take control and responsibility for your coins keeping them in your offline wallet.
Activity: 182
May 16, 2018, 07:36:13 AM
You should keep your coin in your wallet. Don't stay at the exchange. Because they will not be safe. Can be hacked at any time. Be careful your money is above all.....
Activity: 18
May 16, 2018, 06:54:02 AM
This is a complex issue. On the one hand, the wallet is more reliable. After all, only you have a private key from it.
On the other hand, the private key does not guarantee you 100 percent privacy.
Even if you keep your tokens on the exchange, you still specify a private key from the wallet.
Activity: 882
Merit: 101
May 16, 2018, 01:41:39 AM
The most reliable option is to store coins of coins on purses. The exchange may close at any time or can be hacked. Then you will lose your coins. The exchange must be used only for trading and selling coins.
Activity: 413
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
May 16, 2018, 01:12:30 AM
For the safety of your tokens, use both of these methods. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
May 15, 2018, 06:03:05 PM
I think it is better to hold your token in a wallet. It is more safer in wallet that in exchange. You must put it only on exchange if your are going to trade it. That is what the best thing you must do.
Activity: 12
May 15, 2018, 12:28:53 PM
The best is to keep your coins in the wallet, the wallet you control your own private keys to the fund, the funds on the exchnage is not yours, exchnage can close down. get hacked or even hold your fund the way Bittrex did to some people recently
Activity: 462
May 14, 2018, 12:15:34 PM
Never keep the tokens on the exchanges. Always remember about the experience of Mt.Gox. Exchange-only for orders. I bought a token, push it into the official client currency if the long-term trading.
Activity: 518
Merit: 108
May 14, 2018, 12:09:25 PM
On an exchange I hold only tokens on which I want to receive fast profit and at once to sell, other tokens I store only on mev
Activity: 252
May 14, 2018, 12:07:09 PM
Both are the good options, if you are trader then exchange is the best option for you and if you are investor then go for Wallet and moreover wallet is more secure than exchange, and also if your coin is of POS (Proof of Stake) then you can earn more tokens from your wallet, and you have to  keep your wallet backup file secure.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
May 14, 2018, 11:23:30 AM
Probably better to hold your coins on wallets and even better to use hardware wallets. Exchange sites and everything based on clouds are probably unsafe and can be hacked.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
May 14, 2018, 10:34:37 AM
The better choice would always be to keep it in the wallet simply because the one who has access to it are the ones who has private key or seed which would be you and anyone you would provide your private key. If you keep it in the exchange then anytime the exchange will shut down, they are taking your coins from you and you can't do anything because you don't have access to it.
I do not think so, every choice will have different security and weaknesses, and a proposal that I feel is most appropriate is the division of assets for both wallets and exchanges because this is a world of technology, without perfect security, we can not believe anything, bugs can always be exploited, wallet or exchange can always be hacked and stolen. We will lose everything when we focus on one place but if we divide, the chance to start again will not be zero, so both are the right choice but we should calculate and create the most convenient for trading
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
May 14, 2018, 09:04:28 AM
The better choice would always be to keep it in the wallet simply because the one who has access to it are the ones who has private key or seed which would be you and anyone you would provide your private key. If you keep it in the exchange then anytime the exchange will shut down, they are taking your coins from you and you can't do anything because you don't have access to it.
Activity: 154
X-Block.io
May 14, 2018, 07:56:12 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks
if you have big amount of crypto then use cold wallet for sure, but if you have less then 2-3 eth then you can use exchange wallets or metamask , it is not that risky
Activity: 420
May 14, 2018, 07:37:48 AM
At the stock exchange, I do not see any sense in storing tokens. It turns out that your money lies not with you, but with someone ... It is advisable to buy tokens on the exchange and keep them on your wallet. The exception is if you want to buy and sell them in a short time with a small profit! In this case, it makes no sense to pay a commission for withdrawal from the exchange.
Activity: 140
May 12, 2018, 04:22:01 PM
Wallets are generally a better idea for long-term. But for anything that you are trading, obviously keep this on an exchange. I would say the best advice is to spread your coins around - several wallets and several exchanges.
Activity: 14
May 12, 2018, 12:44:47 PM
In my opinion even the most reputable bitcoin exchanges are suspect. Not because of intention but because of the many ways an exchange is subject to attack.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 12, 2018, 02:20:53 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

only remember some of the hacking events of exchanges, they do not respond in most of the cases and you must wait to they can return your coins or money, but if you hold your money in your wallet, you will access when you want..

Yes, that is why I'd still prefered using wallets than exchanges because of what you have mentioned. At least we are the one who is in control when we are using wallets unlike if we are going to use exchange which we don't have the power on managing our coins there. Also, using a wallet is more reassuring than using it exchanges wallets.

Pages:
Jump to: