Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 53. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
May 19, 2018, 05:29:45 AM
Your choice depends on what you want to do with these funds. If you trade these coins, then you need to keep them on the exchange. If you bought these coins for a long time, it is better to bring them to the wallet at once, so that your funds are safe. Because the examples of Mt.gox and btc-e show that it is better to store money on wallets.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
May 19, 2018, 05:22:31 AM
If you are holding long term, Most definite a wallet. If an change goes down you can lose all you coins. I always recommend the Ledger Nano S. If you are trading just keep what you are currently trading in.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
May 19, 2018, 01:25:53 AM
I prefer to keep my coins on exchange if I want to day trade or if it is not a big amount. For  long term investments I use cold wallets.
Activity: 61
May 19, 2018, 01:19:07 AM
Any sane coin holder would choose to have a hard wallet for safekeeping. The reason is simply because you control your own private key which is a lot secured than those exchange sites. Also, during hard fork of particular coins, your hard wallet will just need some updating and you will be able to gain the forked coin. But it also depends on your preference, if you are going to use your coins on a daily basis say for trading purposes and then convert it into fiat for your daily expenses, then I suggest have your coins stored in an exchange site for easy liquidation.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
May 18, 2018, 10:02:12 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

Haha. If you have less than 10 BTC. Make it easy that store all it on legit exchanges. For example, Bittrex, Binance...
Keeping your coins in exchanges then you can easily buy/sell it at any time.
Activity: 16
May 18, 2018, 09:48:57 PM
I thing wallet is better to store your coin because the exchanger sometimes closes but sometimes there are hackers hacking your wallet. So both is good.
Activity: 266
May 18, 2018, 02:09:36 PM
I think it's safe to keep it on large stock exchanges. It all depends on the amount of money invested in each coin. If you have $ 10 coins, then you definitely do not need to bother
Activity: 68
May 18, 2018, 02:07:40 PM
Leaving your coins on an exchange is way more riskier than leaving them in a wallet. Exchanges can be hacked at anytime and since there are no added securities like passcodes needed to transfer out a coin, you can lose all of your coins in the case of an hack and there is nothing that can be done about it. Always transfer out your coins to a wallet controlled by you once you are done trading.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
May 18, 2018, 12:03:07 PM
I do not think that keeping money on the exchange is a good thing, because the exchange is someone else's purse, and your wallet is yours, I think that today people should not have any doubts about where to save their savings.
Activity: 574
Merit: 139
May 18, 2018, 12:00:19 PM
Wallet. Always. For each coin new wallet.
Holding coins for long time in exchange is never recommended, something might happen to exchange and you could lose all your funds. You should be owner of private keys, not some third party.
Activity: 336
May 18, 2018, 11:59:20 AM
I am keeping 40% of my funds on exchanges for trading and 60% in my cold-storage hardware  wallets and in MyEtherWallet.I trade  on the most solid and famous exchanges such as Bitfinex and Bittrex.
Activity: 206
May 18, 2018, 11:58:56 AM
 Wink It is risky to put COINS on the exchange for a long time. If you do not want to trade, please mention the coin in your wallet, which will reduce many risks. Because hackers are more concerned about big targets, such as exchanges.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
May 18, 2018, 11:58:14 AM
If you prefer the hold strategy you should to keep your funds on the cold wallet, because it is much safer than on exchange. But traders are forced to keep their funds on exchanges in order to respond quickly and trade.
Activity: 163
May 18, 2018, 11:56:10 AM
It is more reliable to store coins on a cold wallet, but on the exchange it is much more convenient. The main thing is not to forget to set up 2fa.
Activity: 420
Merit: 31
May 18, 2018, 11:53:49 AM
Honestly, I keep the speculative part of my "bank" on the stock purse. BUT a large part on cold wallets.
Activity: 10
May 18, 2018, 06:46:54 AM
You better keep it in the wallet, because when you want to move your coin to another wallet in exchange will be charged more expensive. There are many other reasons why you should choose to keep it in the wallet.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
May 17, 2018, 02:58:26 AM
The wallet is safer than crypto exchanges, but I believe that it is convenient to keep a small part of the funds on the stock exchange.
It is better to keep funds on large exchanges that pay much attention to security issues.
Activity: 420
Merit: 113
May 17, 2018, 01:36:28 AM
Probably wallet is better, use wallets to protect your coins or tokens from stole. Exchanges are not safe as they can be hacked and if this happens you can lose your coins. So I suggest wallet for keeping money.
Activity: 350
May 16, 2018, 08:56:09 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

I prefer to place it on wallet since some of the exchangers today are having issues on their business but some still are legitimate and they can handle the growth of cryptocurrency but for me i prefer on the wallet.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
May 16, 2018, 08:06:16 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

I do not see a big problem to keep coins on the exchange. Of course, we are talking about the top exchanges. But if you do not trade, but plan to store these coins for a long time, then I recommend keeping them on the hardware wallet. The exchange allows you to quickly sell if necessary and this is its great advantage.
Pages:
Jump to: