Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 49. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
May 25, 2018, 02:41:17 PM
Nothing is better. You need to know Do you want to hold for long term or short term. If it is short term, whatever you use. If it is long term, I think you should consider about your coins's security, you should use wallet, specially, hardware wallet.
Yes, I think so nothing is better, but in short term, follow you, I dont need to consider about my coins 's security? I think we should store coins in wallet, hackers can steal coins anytime.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
May 25, 2018, 02:37:48 PM
If you are a frequent player on a crypto-exchange, for example, in pairs BTC / USD or EHT / USD and trade them every day, there is no point in withdrawing them every day from the exchange to the purse and back. But if you bought BTC for example, and want to sell it in a year. It makes sense to bring to the purse.
Activity: 32
May 25, 2018, 02:35:11 PM
Nothing is better. You need to know Do you want to hold for long term or short term. If it is short term, whatever you use. If it is long term, I think you should consider about your coins's security, you should use wallet, specially, hardware wallet.
Activity: 420
Merit: 31
May 25, 2018, 02:31:16 PM
I think (if we would speak about alternative cryptos) that most secure is to use MyEtherWallet and add a Metamask extension to that
The most part on MEW. BUT do not forget that there are more Waves and NEO. They have their reliable good wallets.
Activity: 21
May 25, 2018, 02:29:19 PM
Anything is better, Using exchange or wallet depends on your aim. If you like trading, you should use exchange, it is more convenient.
Activity: 187
May 25, 2018, 10:11:27 AM
The exchanges have a lot of problems and they are not suitable for long-term storage. I believe that if you invest in a long time, it is necessary to create a wallet for each of your coins.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
May 25, 2018, 10:09:00 AM
I think (if we would speak about alternative cryptos) that most secure is to use MyEtherWallet and add a Metamask extension to that
Activity: 384
Merit: 11
First LEARN then EARN
May 25, 2018, 09:27:10 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

You can store your coin in exchange. but it little bit risky. But you are not long-term or mid-term holder then you can store your coin in exchange.
But you are going to hold mid-term or long-term then you can use wallet. there are many types of wallet.
My recommendation is use wallet to store your coins.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
May 25, 2018, 09:25:33 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

According to me I have used both exchange as well as open wallet.

If you are holder then goes with open wallet.
If you want to do trading as well as then goes with site exchange wallet.

Both are different perspective so choose according to your requirements both are good
Activity: 45
May 25, 2018, 09:20:20 AM
Better to hold in your own wallet unless you're only keeping them for a short time.
Activity: 322
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
May 25, 2018, 09:18:55 AM
of course, a purse, much safer, although not always, sometimes exchange is safer if a person goes to a fake purse, well, exchanges are often hacked, it's up to you
Activity: 57
May 25, 2018, 09:17:36 AM
If you like for a long term! I definitely say to use wallet rather than exchange it. Its because if you try to put that on exchange basically your digital money is not in a safe place.
Activity: 210
May 25, 2018, 09:16:01 AM
According to me it is safer and a way better option to keep your coins in wallets. Exchanges are mostly used for trading because all coins are not listed on all exchanges.
Activity: 602
May 25, 2018, 09:08:40 AM
For the storage of tokens based on ethereum a combination of hardware wallet and MEW - is ideal. This is the most secure option for storing any amounts of tokens that belong to you.
Activity: 68
May 25, 2018, 09:05:00 AM
In my own opinion I will advice to keep/store your cryptocurrencies in an external wallet. That's if you can afford the external wallet and the transfer fee.
Activity: 378
Merit: 35
May 25, 2018, 09:00:12 AM
Never ever leave your coins on exchange, except for the ones that you want to trade regularly with. If you do not hold the private keys of your wallet you do not own your coins. Take example from mt gox and recent hack of nicehash, etc. Best way to store your coins is in a hardware wallet.
It all depends on your choice, if I better use a safe exchange for trading and save some coins. I will not use
the exchange to keep my coins in the long run but for day trading they are fine. Make sure you use a reputable exchange with appropriate security measures.
It really depends (!) and despite of all written above it also depends on the amount of coins you have. To my mind, it's a bad idea to leave a lot of coins on the exchange. Once they can vanish against all expectations and no one will help you to get them back.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
May 25, 2018, 08:30:48 AM
i think its better save them on wallet, because some altcoin doing airdrop for holder and usually they will give to the holder who is store they token on wallet, not exchanger.
Activity: 68
May 25, 2018, 08:28:57 AM
wallet is best storing coin and exchange is best is trading when you are good traders you can earn big profit otherwise you can holding your wallet.
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
May 25, 2018, 08:27:12 AM
For small acounts or trading accounts it's safe to hold your funds on exchanges. They are safe there even if there is hacking attack they usually have some sort of insurence for them and they keep coins in cold wallets so they can refund you coins. If you have big sum of coins keep it safe for yourself in cold wallets(usb drivers) so they can not be hacked cause they are not online.
copper member
Activity: 112
May 25, 2018, 08:26:42 AM
I prefer to keep my coins/tokens in my wallet because I'm the only one who's an access to it and safer that being in Exchange. When you coins/tokens are in exchange there are lots of things could happen, like it could be compromised, where hackers would be able to steal your tokens, then maintenance which cause your tokens to freeze up, unlike when it is in your wallet, once you want it to sell you could simply send it to exchange the tokens available then viola.
Pages:
Jump to: