Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 82. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 10
April 08, 2018, 05:28:21 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
I would prefer to keep my coins in wallet because you are the one who are in control. Putting all your coins in an exchange is very risky considering that there might be hacking on the exchange which could result in losing your coins.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
April 08, 2018, 05:23:49 AM
Its better to have both. At least you have kept some in your wallet for easy cash on the go. You can easily convert it to local currency if price changes. Having an exchange is also good for trading. You can hold it anytime just like also in wallet. Maybe they just differ on the control that you can do. Both are reliable on the market price. The wallet is somehow easy to control.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
April 08, 2018, 05:10:01 AM
It all depends on your motive first, if you are a trader you can't be leaving your tokens in wallets and be transferring them to exchanges every time you want to make a trade. If you are trader then it has to be in exchanges and be sure it's safe enough but if you are a hodler then it has to be wallets
Activity: 183
Merit: 0
April 08, 2018, 05:05:10 AM
Keep your coins in exchange if your are a trader because it will save the deposit and withdrawal fee so you can get more profits
Keep you coins in wallet if you want to keep your coins securely for long term
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
April 08, 2018, 04:49:02 AM
Always keep it in a seperate wallet. There are many incidents in the pasts where exchanges are hacked or where people believe it was just made up like in Mt. Gox, bitgrail, etherdelta and so on.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC
April 08, 2018, 04:43:47 AM
for the side of exchanges if the exchanges that you will be chosen has 2FA and other security measures well that's fine. the worst problem you'll be encountering is when the whole exchange will be compromised, massive hi-jacking of exchanges will be one of them. If you wanna keep it in your wallet well i advise for you to use trezor or nano ledger in order for you to be worry free. Because with that kind of security your wallet won't be accessible without it. Your main problem if you loss that thing, say goodbye to your holdings my friend.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
April 08, 2018, 03:04:42 AM
no one really really safe your coins when you have much, but better in wallet compare with market, when you wanna doing trading just send your coins in market to do, and with wallet you can do it for recieved payement bounty,wallet is better compare with market exchange
Activity: 392
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
April 08, 2018, 02:46:58 AM
I prefer on the wallet, because it is more secure than i store it on Exchange.
Activity: 195
Merit: 24
April 08, 2018, 02:07:53 AM
if you are a daily trader keep it in your account in the exchange but if you are long term holder or you just want to keep it to use it in daily life so the secure way is to keep it in wallet but just please dont lose your passphrase or password or private key! to keep your funds secure all time  Wink
Activity: 350
April 08, 2018, 02:01:27 AM
On exchangers, you can not store your crypto-currencies, they have it clearly in the rules. If something goes missing there with long storage, they will not be held responsible
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
April 08, 2018, 01:24:37 AM
To keep money on the exchange is a silly decision. It is safer to store money in your wallet. It is not necessary to create a large number of them, at least one
It's not always going to be a silly decision to leave coins on an exchange. If he wanted fast trades then he should leave it there.
It becomes a silly decision when we start to take an exchange for a bank, thereby stashing huge amounts in them, instead of the much just enough for our trading and it's even more brainless, when the amount involved is not anything we can afford to lose. It's also no less a silly decision when one fails to see the pitfall in settling for online wallets instead of investing in hardware wallet, especially as their holdings starts to gather weight!
Activity: 90
Merit: 13
April 08, 2018, 12:12:02 AM
Exchange just to liquidate positions, I would never keep any balance in one exchange. All exchanges one day or another will present troubles, I prefer to not be there when it happens.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 450
April 08, 2018, 12:01:40 AM
Both are good as they perform different functions. If you want to hold for a long time then definitely you should go for wallets. Keep all coins online is dangerous. Even the most trusted exchanges can be hacked or closed.
well, i also choose both. I currently keep some coins in the wallet, and in the Exchange. in the wallet for my hold, and in the Exchange for my money needs preparation. well, this way I have long used to manage my money.
Activity: 107
April 08, 2018, 12:01:02 AM
For me its more safe if you go to wallet than exchanger wallet..
Activity: 210
April 07, 2018, 11:55:03 PM
Both are good as they perform different functions. If you want to hold for a long time then definitely you should go for wallets. Keep all coins online is dangerous. Even the most trusted exchanges can be hacked or closed.
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
April 07, 2018, 11:35:58 PM
I think the wallet is better because the wallet is safer from the peril of hackers, while excessive risk exchanges are more easily hacked, using trusted wallets and complicated passwords are the best option.
I agree with you that wallet is safer, but it is not convenient for frequent traders.
I kept most of my coins in wallet, but a small portion in exchanges. Of course only the reliable exchanges.
Activity: 85
April 07, 2018, 11:35:13 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

The best practice is to keep only those funds on the exchange that you want to day trade or hold on mid-term. For other assets and long-term investments are better to use cold wallets.
yes, I really agree with you, if we have coins or short or medium term investments, can save funds or coins by exchange for trade or also temporarily stored in a wallet, if you already have a wallet. but for the long term, we must keep the funds or coins in the wallet itself, if it does not exist then must create an account to minimize the crime of theft of coins.
Activity: 140
April 07, 2018, 11:34:42 PM
exchange sites are preferable to make transactions more rapidly and take advantage of quick fluctuations. Yet from a security viewpoint it A local Wallet is a safer alternative.
Activity: 110
Merit: 1
April 07, 2018, 11:30:50 PM
I think the wallet is better because the wallet is safer from the peril of hackers, while excessive risk exchanges are more easily hacked, using trusted wallets and complicated passwords are the best option.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 07, 2018, 11:29:47 PM
To keep money on the exchange is a silly decision. It is safer to store money in your wallet. It is not necessary to create a large number of them, at least one
It's not always going to be a silly decision to leave coins on an exchange. If he wanted fast trades then he should leave it there.
Pages:
Jump to: