Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 85. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
April 06, 2018, 02:02:06 PM
To keep your coins safe use wallet not a exchanges. Many exchanges are now being hacked and millions of dollars are lost with the coins hidden by traders in exchanges. So it's better that your coins are hidden in the wallet because it's safer
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
April 06, 2018, 01:59:18 PM
All right. If we are talking about tokens, then MEW and Metamask are the best choice.
The rest depends on the intentions. If you trade, it's logical to keep coins/tokens on top exchanges. These exchanges are now much more reliable than they were a couple of years ago - they receive huge commissions on a daily basis - it is profitable for them.

On small exchanges I do not recommend keeping anything - only with a quick goal - to sell and withdraw.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
April 06, 2018, 01:55:10 PM
most token can be stored on myetherwallet. but if you do daytrade you should keep your coins on exchange if not its safer on wallet. i hope this helps
Activity: 651
Merit: 103
April 06, 2018, 01:52:55 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
If your purpose is to keep your bitcoins, it is better if you will save it in your wallet. It is risky if you will save it in exchanges because the exchanges is a platform where you can trade your bitcoins to altcoins. You can secure your bitcoins if you will save it in bitcoin wallet.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
April 06, 2018, 01:44:15 PM
For me both are good the wallet have their own benefits while the exchange can also provide the benefits of exchange and the trading can also be done here in this way we have to use the exchange facility it is more important to me than any other and now the bitcoin is good to keep in exchange because any time we can use the exchange facility to trade bitcoin for any other coin and now the Ethereum NEO and many other are word of mouth of every one.
Activity: 252
April 06, 2018, 01:39:30 PM
I use myetherwallet to keep my coins and I think it is a secured wallet and I didn't have any problems using it

It depends how you used it especially your device that your using it like PC, laptop or mobile phone. If you are using safely and not accessing any phishing or untrusted sites and you are scanning your computer with your antiviruses I guess you are really safe. Always remember no one is safe in the internet.
Activity: 101
April 06, 2018, 12:34:08 PM
never leave your coins for long span of time in exchange. by doing that, you are just risking your coins to get stuck with the exchange.
Activity: 136
April 06, 2018, 07:37:34 AM
I think better you can use exchanger if you wanna trade your coin. But, if you want to save your coin for a long time use wallet.
Activity: 48
April 06, 2018, 05:33:16 AM
The wallet is safer than the excange. If you keep cryptocurrency for a long time, choose a wallet.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
April 06, 2018, 05:32:16 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

The best practice is to keep only those funds on exchange that you want to day trade or hold on mid term. For other assets and long term investments is better to use cold wallets.

In this situation, it is recommended to hold nothing at all on the stock exchange. As now in the market of crypto-currencies there is a falling trend. In these conditions, it is very difficult to trade!
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
April 06, 2018, 05:28:34 AM
Choose wallet rather than exchange site, its more safe than exchanges.
Activity: 476
April 06, 2018, 05:26:58 AM
It all depends on the shelf life. If it's long then it's definitely a wallet. If you trade once a week, then I would use  exchanges. In my case, the part is on the wallet, part on different exchanges.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
April 06, 2018, 05:24:16 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
Depands on total amount of money and your actions with it.
If it is small amounts, than it is okay to keep them on a good exchange.
Or if you are a trader, than it pointless to move money our of exchange.
But if you are just bought and holding it, better use wallets, it is more secure.
Activity: 151
April 06, 2018, 05:09:37 AM
It depends to your decision if what you want if you want day trade then put it in exchange sites or f you want to hold your tokens its best to put to your wallet as long as you save your passwords, its all depends on you.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
COMBONetwork
April 06, 2018, 05:03:42 AM
As long as you use Exchange that can be trusted or that has a high popularity you can just keep your money there. But if want to be more secure I suggest to use a private wallet just to anticipate something bad thing happened to your money.
Activity: 308
April 06, 2018, 04:58:43 AM
I use myetherwallet to keep my coins and I think it is a secured wallet and I didn't have any problems using it
Activity: 144
April 06, 2018, 04:49:50 AM
If you are a trader then you should let your property in exchange, if you are a holder then you should put your property in the wallet, which will help your property safe, and exchange helps you easy liquidity
Activity: 70
April 06, 2018, 04:48:30 AM
I only use my purse to protect my property, I do not trust wallets on the exchange, it is very dangerous and can be hacked.
Activity: 112
April 06, 2018, 04:47:57 AM
I am a trader so I let my coin in the exchange site, it helps me drilling rod easier, when buying and selling
Activity: 378
April 06, 2018, 04:47:27 AM
I prefer to use wallet especially when having a long tern investment so in this way you can store them long enough but if you are just holding in a short term token why not put it on exchange so you can exchange it right away
Pages:
Jump to: