Author

Topic: Execoin: | First Open-Source Stealth Wallet Released! | Fast | ASIC-proof - page 145. (Read 281667 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I guess with such huge has this is not really good to try to solo mine with my measly 2500 k is it?

Phad.

I guess I am good, 3 blocks since I started.  Woot.  I am thinking I am just lucky but I will take it.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
I wonder whether all the pool disconnects are DDoS attacks causing the stratum to become full and fall over. The switching to backup pools are causing a lot of lost shares.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
It is crazy idea, ASIC is not a choice, it is must, because of to keep and maintain the network is working, need a economical and high performance tool, this kind of coin have no future

As far as I understand the increase in processing speed will be offset by the increase in difficulty in order to maintain the block rate. In theory you can build super computers that will do super fast processing but at insanely high difficulty. In comparison drop the difficulty to almost zero and use a few CPUs like in the early days to process to achieve the same result.

ASICs put more power in an individuals hands to process much faster more efficiently. Due to the high cost only a select few that can afford it will have the processing power. The end result is that processing will be in the hands of a few people/farms because most people cannot afford it. Adaptive scrypt-n makes it difficult to develop and use ASICs and therefor mining coins based on this algorithm stays true to one of the core principles of cryptocurrency which is distributed processing/mining by many ordinary people on the street. This principle also helps with the distribution of new coins over a wide base which is good for acceptance of a digital currency as payment method. ASICs are therefore a tool to satisfy a greedy few.

+1
I guess with such huge has this is not really good to try to solo mine with my measly 2500 k is it?

Phad.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I can attest to how dedicated this guy is. When I first signed up for his Coino pool, I was getting a lot of rejects and problems. Logged into IRC and everyone is chatting away, but he instantly responded to my question and directed me to use the east pool to fix the problem.

Shows he's invested in his own success...plus it seems his pools are always available!
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
well the hashes on exe coin is getting a bit ridiculous now.
I started mining at less than 100MHS and now its over 800Mhs! 900!

Edit: ridiculous is good - just want to clarify :-)
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Dedicated pool under DDos attack ?

I sure hope so. Looks like Binaryclock isn't paying attention and let the pool grow to an idiotic amount of hashes. Nice, I'll remember that next time I say they're a good pool.

Easy there I was napping.  It's closed.

I love how you kids don't come in my IRC to tell anyone or warn them to wake me up, you don't send emails, nor PMs, but you sure wish bad things upon me for you just randomly shitting out things in a forum.

Before this I was up for 35 hours straight.  You know I have to sleep sometime.

Hey, I'm not saying your pool is terrible. You do great actually, and thanks for having such a reliable pool. I just find it hard to believe that there's just one person in control with the massive amount of pools you provide. Thanks for being so fast to take action though . . especially if your pools are managed by just one person.

I don't really like IRC, and it looks like you spend enough time in the threads you offer pools for that you would have taken notice anyway.

As far as bad things go, it looks like ddos is being used to protect this coin. Three pools have made it to 50% or greater, and each time they have been ddosed. Not sure what that's about but it's definitely interesting.

okay Smiley No hard feelings!

One person in control because I don't trust anyone else to take care of the coins for you guys.  I have lots of people watching in IRC that will wake me up immediately if alerted.  I sleep with my phone.  I'm a slave to this 24/7 Smiley

Activity: 112

I sure hope so. Looks like Binaryclock isn't paying attention and let the pool grow to an idiotic amount of hashes. Nice, I'll remember that next time I say they're a good pool.

I love how you kids don't come in my IRC to tell anyone or warn them to wake me up, you don't send emails, nor PMs, but you sure wish bad things upon me for you just randomly shitting out things in a forum.

Hey, I'm not saying your pool is terrible. You do great actually, and thanks for having such a reliable pool. I just find it hard to believe that there's just one person in control with the massive amount of pools you provide. Thanks for being so fast to take action though . . especially if your pools are managed by just one person.

I don't really like IRC, and it looks like you spend enough time in the threads you offer pools for that you would have taken notice anyway.

As far as bad things go, it looks like ddos is being used to protect this coin. Three pools have made it to 50% or greater, and each time they have been ddosed. Not sure what that's about but it's definitely interesting.
Activity: 273
There is only 3 pools running it seems...
Activity: 238

Activity: 112

Activity: 77
Can we mine this using p2pool? Are there available p2pools for execoin?
Activity: 2828
Merit: 604
CoinMetro
*** LETS GET EXE ON A QUALITY EXCHANGE

143 votes so far, only need like 70K more!  Undecided

-Happy Mining

worldchampion mintpal dumping is the very last thing a coin needs when growing up...

+1 let this coin growing steady and far from the hype for the moment.
I have seen too much coins being dumped because of a sudden fame.

Exactly, the best thing so far was the launch...pretty smooth and fairly silent... not every god-damn person jumping on it coz a few other coins creating a bit of a buzz...but they will soon die down and we will follow vertcoin trend nicely...and then we will all be winning!!  Grin
+1
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
It is crazy idea, ASIC is not a choice, it is must, because of to keep and maintain the network is working, need a economical and high performance tool, this kind of coin have no future

As far as I understand the increase in processing speed will be offset by the increase in difficulty in order to maintain the block rate. In theory you can build super computers that will do super fast processing but at insanely high difficulty. In comparison drop the difficulty to almost zero and use a few CPUs like in the early days to process to achieve the same result.

ASICs put more power in an individuals hands to process much faster more efficiently. Due to the high cost only a select few that can afford it will have the processing power. The end result is that processing will be in the hands of a few people/farms because most people cannot afford it. Adaptive scrypt-n makes it difficult to develop and use ASICs and therefor mining coins based on this algorithm stays true to one of the core principles of cryptocurrency which is distributed processing/mining by many ordinary people on the street. This principle also helps with the distribution of new coins over a wide base which is good for acceptance of a digital currency as payment method. ASICs are therefore a tool to satisfy a greedy few.
Activity: 210

-Happy Mining

worldchampion mintpal dumping is the very last thing a coin needs when growing up...

I have seen too much coins being dumped because of a sudden fame.

Exactly, the best thing so far was the launch...pretty smooth and fairly silent... not every god-damn person jumping on it coz a few other coins creating a bit of a buzz...but they will soon die down and we will follow vertcoin trend nicely...and then we will all be winning!!  Grin
Activity: 87
This Algo

3 x R9 290 = Huh maximum Hashrate ?

answer please

I get 400khs per 290

I can only get 363KH/s can you post your settings,please?

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://east1.us.stratum.dedicatedpool.com:3369 -u a -p b -s 1 --intensity 19,19,19 --thread-concurrency 24550 --worksize 512 -g 1 --temp-target 90 --gpu-fan 90,90,90 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-threads 1

143 votes so far, only need like 70K more!  Undecided

-Happy Mining

I have seen too much coins being dumped because of a sudden fame. BlackCoin, i say your name.
Activity: 336
Have A Nice Day

have you seen what is happening with auroracoin? please tell them they have no future

Script is not anti-ASIC, it just make it delay,
This coin is Anti-ASIC, it will need more than 100 times of cost to keep the network

Most of people can't affort to buy ASIC's, so there it will always be enough hashing power for coins like EXE. Did you know that EXE now has about 1/6 of VERT's network? I'm so mad that I ended with 7k, but I can't affort to buy more........

Why just think now ?
Do not worry about for the short term, maybe less than a year
IF just change Hash Algo little bit, Nobody will not make ASIC (they are not crazy, to invest the money)

For the long term, after a year  
Most important factor is how maintain the network, need an economical solution to increase the network and keep working,
Technically, ASIC is the best way to keep alive the network with lowest cost for operation,

I want to say "think more long term" not just a short term.

-Happy Mining

Jump to: