Author

Topic: Experiences with CoinsMarkets.com? - page 179. (Read 60679 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0
January 07, 2018, 06:50:42 PM
Okay, so, my short expirience with this situation:
3 January it went down for the first time
5 January i was able to login, and what's more important, i was able to withdraw some funds near ~20% of my deposit. (but i believed that site came back online and there is nothing to worry about it, else i'd withdraw all my fund). It wend down 10-20 mins later.

Yesterday i was able to login for a short time, i also saw that "wallet status" page was switching between ON/OFF for a while. Today i'm able to connect (not always) and usually with message about "not enought resourses, socket problems etc.".

Hope that they'll come back, just be patient. Crypto business builds on trusted relationships, so it's really difficult to find great dev. and be sure that he wont run away one day with all funds / site database etc. These guys are amateurs, no doubt, but there is no real reasons for them to scam us, with their growth it was possible to them earn a lot of money everyday from fees, i cant understand why people can choose one time jackpot when they are able to earn much more in a year.

I have near 4000$ on this site, and it's really huge amount for me, near 60% of all my crypto funds for now..Of course i'm confused with this situation, but i believe that patience is the key, they had same problems in september, but everyone forgot it, and now i believe they'll come back online in 1-4 days.

Protip: Never keep more than 5-10% of all funds on any single exchange for an extended period of time (save urself some heartache).
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
January 07, 2018, 06:35:01 PM
So, no official communication from admins of the page but they are working on the fix...

They could do it more elegantly changing at least the front page to some status update instead of a cached broken site for several days.

better communication would help, but im thinking that all hands are busy with servers
Activity: 53
January 07, 2018, 06:34:39 PM
Okay, so, my short expirience with this situation:
3 January it went down for the first time
5 January i was able to login, and what's more important, i was able to withdraw some funds near ~20% of my deposit. (but i believed that site came back online and there is nothing to worry about it, else i'd withdraw all my fund). It wend down 10-20 mins later.

Yesterday i was able to login for a short time, i also saw that "wallet status" page was switching between ON/OFF for a while. Today i'm able to connect (not always) and usually with message about "not enought resourses, socket problems etc.".

Hope that they'll come back, just be patient. Crypto business builds on trusted relationships, so it's really difficult to find great dev. and be sure that he wont run away one day with all funds / site database etc. These guys are amateurs, no doubt, but there is no real reasons for them to scam us, with their growth it was possible to them earn a lot of money everyday from fees, i cant understand why people can choose one time jackpot when they are able to earn much more in a year.

I have near 4000$ on this site, and it's really huge amount for me, near 60% of all my crypto funds for now..Of course i'm confused with this situation, but i believe that patience is the key, they had same problems in september, but everyone forgot it, and now i believe they'll come back online in 1-4 days.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
January 07, 2018, 06:33:11 PM
My first post here and positive one for many of you:
I've managed to log in to CM 2 min ago. Balances OK. Fingers crossed for fully stable run. Cheers!

That balances is just records in their database, it is not actualy balances in the wallets.

I thought so.. as my balance of ECA on CM is different that one I can find on blockchain or I'm doing something wrong.
One thing I don't know is, if I should see staking transactions on blockchain.. as I can see history on CM, but none of them showed in wallet on block explorer.
Activity: 36
January 07, 2018, 06:27:20 PM
I've managed to log in to CM 2 min ago. Balances OK. Fingers crossed for fully stable run. Cheers!

That balances is just records in their database, it is not actualy balances in the wallets.
January 07, 2018, 06:26:00 PM

Unfortunately still:

Not Found

The requested URL /withdraw.php was not found on this server.

So, you can login, see balances, but no withdrawal Sad

yep, they just deleted the withdraw.php file from server Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
January 07, 2018, 06:20:56 PM

Unfortunately still:

Not Found

The requested URL /withdraw.php was not found on this server.

So, you can login, see balances, but no withdrawal Sad
January 07, 2018, 06:16:27 PM
Update on site now - "Servers overload we are migrating to a new servers , please bear with us. Now configuring.."

I saw that message yesterday. Even wallets were online shortly yesterday.

I just wanna to withdraw coins from that crappy exchange.

I think they will not allow to withdraw coins in near future, because everyone will want to withdraw their funds from market Cheesy
Activity: 3
January 07, 2018, 06:14:31 PM
January 07, 2018, 06:01:05 PM
Update on site now - "Servers overload we are migrating to a new servers , please bear with us. Now configuring.."
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
January 07, 2018, 05:59:16 PM
In september they were also down for a few days. Whole crypto world is fucked by all the people that are joining.
Give the guys some credit, why give up a goldmine for a quick win.
Activity: 255
Merit: 260
January 07, 2018, 05:46:38 PM

CoinsMarketsMod: IMPORTANT: Server data transfer underway. You can monitor your CM BTC balance through the BlockChain Explorer. Please know that we do not deploy admins/devs on CoinsMarketsChats, we are aware of fake accounts spreading false information.

From Chatbox
January 07, 2018, 05:26:18 PM
https://blockchain.info/address/1N52wHoVR79PMDishab2XmRHsbekCdGquK

btw, they are moving our btc somewhere right now Smiley I found that address just by following transactions from my btc wallet address in coinsmarkets.
January 07, 2018, 05:24:03 PM
Site was really good until this week.... I am assuming my coins are lost until I hear otherwise.
Activity: 29
January 07, 2018, 04:33:01 PM
So, no official communication from admins of the page but they are working on the fix...

They could do it more elegantly changing at least the front page to some status update instead of a cached broken site for several days.

They did actually change the news/ head info displayed on the site 4(or so) times since it went unresponsive before it went completely down.

The page has been accessible for me a couple of times, even though i couldn't really do anything. However last news headline was that new servers have arrived and are being set up...

I personally would appreciate if they just focus on fixing shit instead of doing public relations. Each time i migrate my work stuff to a new environment it's a real pain in the rear - Can't imagine that being fun for multiple servers, wallets, security and whatnot. They probably have to triple check and benchmark everything on top...

I think we all should try to relax - no amount of speculation will change things or help in any good way.

One can't be sure of anything; but they would throw away massive bags of money if they don't come back online - so i dare to be optimistic for now Wink

edit: corrected "auto correction" weirdness
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
BLOCKCHAIN VERIFIED PRODUCT REVIEWS PLATFORM
January 07, 2018, 03:02:26 PM

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
January 07, 2018, 02:49:40 PM
CM is over for me. I lost my trust although they will come back.
But if they will not come back, the only thing i couldn't understand is why scamming at a growing business?

I suggest everyone read this post. this post came from third years of my experience in crypto world.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.27493176

i can not use coinbase for over a month, just like thousands (millions) other users. but nobody screaming its a scam. im pretty sure CM has same issues with coinbase

oh and how was communication? not the same right...

every single exchange is overcrowded right now. besides btc network is choking as well and - its impossible to operate in these conditions. relax
Activity: 42
Merit: 10
January 07, 2018, 02:46:13 PM
But if they will not come back, the only thing i couldn't understand is why scamming at a growing business?

I suggest everyone read this post. this post came from third years of my experience in crypto world.

i can not use coinbase for over a month, just like thousands (millions) other users. but nobody screaming its a scam. im pretty sure CM has same issues with coinbase

oh and how was communication? not the same right...
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
January 07, 2018, 02:41:23 PM

Activity: 255
Merit: 260
January 07, 2018, 02:39:47 PM
  All bittrex wallets down other day, can't log onto C-Cex until 20th, nova (gone), altcoinbit (gone). It's Crypto...

Patience is a learned behavior. Suppose these exchanges are swamp and doesn't help to speculate without proof.

Jump to: