Pages:
Author

Topic: Experimenting with Jalapeno firmware... - page 14. (Read 62561 times)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Many thanks for your reply. I will install java and try that.

My hash rate after 11hrs is 6593.19MH/s at 41c, 0.76% Reject and 0.19% HW errors. diff is set to 8. It seems to be a bit low as I was expecting to hit 7+.

If it is a newer Jalapeno, then don't expect it to go as high.
The newer ones use different class chips and thus a standard Jalapeno will be less likely to clock up as high.

Thats what I thought. Still not bad, almost 2ghs extra Smiley

I was wondering if it will be possible to add more chips to the board. There are only 2 chips and 6 free spaces.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

My hash rate after 11hrs is 6593.19MH/s at 41c, 0.76% Reject and 0.19% HW errors. diff is set to 8. It seems to be a bit low as I was expecting to hit 7+.

The newer ones use different class chips and thus a standard Jalapeno will be less likely to clock up as high.
Ahaa, thanks for the heads up.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

legendary
I've never done it, but it looks like you can do something like:
java API stats | grep GetInfo
Yep and also make sure cgminer was started with --api-listen or
"api-listen" : true, in the conf file
If you are on Windows then you'd just need to use java API stats and look through the output for [GetInfo]
... and just in case you are on linux and have more than one SC ... Smiley
java API stats | grep -v POOL | egrep "\[ID\].*BA|GetInfo"

Thanks for that. Im running "api-listen" : true in the conf file but where do I use java API stats? Im on windows and just started using cgminer so all is new to me.

Kano I have a question for you. When you upgraded firmware on your Jalapeno did your hash rate go up to 8ghs and stay at that rate? both of my upgraded units seems to be going up to 6.7ghs, stay there and from time to time they would hit 8.4ghs for few sec. Does that mean my hardware is not capable to go to 8ghs?
On windows you need java installed then when you are in the cgminer directory type
java API stats

The 'avg' hash rate shown by cgminer changes around a lot at the start - you need to give it at least 10 minutes to get an idea of where it is at.
An hour is pretty certain of what it is.
If you are on Windows then you'd just need to use java API stats and look through the output for [GetInfo]

Thanks for that. Im running "api-listen" : true in the conf file but where do I use java API stats? Im on windows and just started using cgminer so all is new to me.

Kano I have a question for you. When you upgraded firmware on your Jalapeno did your hash rate go up to 8ghs and stay at that rate? both of my upgraded units seems to be going up to 6.7ghs, stay there and from time to time they would hit 8.4ghs for few sec. Does that mean my hardware is not capable to go to 8ghs?
legendary
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Run getinfo in cgminer and look at how many engines your chips have.

Sorry to ask silly question, how do I getinfo in cgminer?

read api.readme
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets

Sorry to ask silly question, how do I getinfo in cgminer?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Just bought the firmware debugger, this thread is outstanding, thank you.
cp1
Activity: 616
Stop using branwallets
Hi Guys,

I have flashed 1.2.5 firmware to 2 of my Jalapeno but im not getting even 7gh/s. Max I get is about 6.7gh/s at 37C on both units and hardware errors at 0.17%. Is there anyway to get it up to 8GHs? 

Many thanks,
legendary
Yah remember these boards were intended to go both in singles and the MR, and they had stock for that, which had to be used up. Therefore you might get jallies with or without the xlink plugs on them, and if they use up all the old stock and get them remade for the jallies there might be other stuff missing.

I would have ordered one to "play with" by now with all this info coming out, but I have a sneaking suspicion that at some point a more cost optimal board might come into production and it won't be quite the same animal as we're seeing delivered now.
The latest singles have x-link hardware - not sure about the latest Jalapenos (I got a Single today)

Click for a bigger pic

Edit: yes I opened it up as soon as I had tested that it worked ...
so I knew if it didn't work later I was the cause Smiley
Activity: 420
Can all Jalapenos be OC'd to 8GH/s?

That depend on your Jal grade chip to get more Hashrate out of chips.

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Thanks for this. Upgraded my 5.5 Jalapeno to 8.1 GH/s .
Happy camper here.

I used a JTAGICE MKii with avrstudio 6 and the hex file released on the forums.

You can get an extra 0.2 GH/s out of it if you cool it below zero before plugging it in, so it will choose a higher frequency.
Is it ok if I use it to flash the jalapenos ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Download-Programmer-Emulator-Debugger-For-AVR-JTAG-ICE-Atmega-AVR-STUDIO-/281117568350?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4173e9ad5e

http://www.uphinh.vn/image/stream/1227580.png

ps: My local shop have some ! I know avr dragon is cheap but it take me 75 usd to ship !

This won't work because it does not support the AVR used in the Jalapenos, the cheapest programmer you can find for flashing you Jalapeno really is the AVR Dragon, believe me I've looked for cheaper alternatives, others just don't support it.
Activity: 350
Can all Jalapenos be OC'd to 8GH/s?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Atmel studio has a list of compatible programmers
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Thanks for this. Upgraded my 5.5 Jalapeno to 8.1 GH/s .
Happy camper here.

I used a JTAGICE MKii with avrstudio 6 and the hex file released on the forums.

You can get an extra 0.2 GH/s out of it if you cool it below zero before plugging it in, so it will choose a higher frequency.
Is it ok if I use it to flash the jalapenos ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Download-Programmer-Emulator-Debugger-For-AVR-JTAG-ICE-Atmega-AVR-STUDIO-/281117568350?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4173e9ad5e

ps: My local shop have some ! I know avr dragon is cheap but it take me 75 usd to ship !
Activity: 518
Hodl!
Yah remember these boards were intended to go both in singles and the MR, and they had stock for that, which had to be used up. Therefore you might get jallies with or without the xlink plugs on them, and if they use up all the old stock and get them remade for the jallies there might be other stuff missing.

I would have ordered one to "play with" by now with all this info coming out, but I have a sneaking suspicion that at some point a more cost optimal board might come into production and it won't be quite the same animal as we're seeing delivered now.
Pages:
Jump to: